Only bad thing I notice is Jonas tries first time shots.

Those guys should be good enough to create and score loads. Is the tactic fully fluid?

Why u choose the LB on attack?

By the way ,it works very good.

The wide play in combination with wingers work very good.

The only tweaks i make is play normal passing and normal tempo

Last edited:
Why u choose the LB on attack?

By the way ,it works very good.

The wide play in combination with wingers work very good.

The only tweaks i make is play normal passing and normal tempo

The left back is on attack so that it provides movement between the lines and adds passing outlets to the defensive players. It's a nice combo.

This tactic was created 2 fms ago meaning fm16 is the third version of fm from FM14 it is used on. so my memory of why I chose specific roles maybe a bit dusty. Sorry if I confuse anyone.

Mitra

Hi mate.
Mitrovic is a subby. I don't rate him this year but he does a job when he plays false 9. In past fms he has been my go to striker for this formation. In the demonstration save above arsenal bid 40m for pereZ in January.

Thauvin I played left wing his stats aren't ideal and Id normally sell him as there are much better options out there.

I have found that you need a lot of patience with them, Thauvin is unreal after about 10-20 games played on the right especially as IF, Mitra u either have to play him as a Target man and or train him up as a complete forward and he played well in that role, i find he plays better with a another striker, i was playing him and Perez as TM support and Perez as Trequartista.

Im gonna give this a whirl and let you no how i get on :)

gunna give this a try, always liked your tactics mate, although they might not be world beaters, for me your 4141 always plays the best football, it's mint to watch..

Will keep you updated with how i get on

This tactic doesn't get the credit it's deserved, beauitul old fashioned English play, out wide, crosses in box, solid defense... unbeaten with Everton half way through season... one of the best tactics i've used hope more people try it out for you mate

This tactic doesn't get the credit it's deserved, beauitul old fashioned English play, out wide, crosses in box, solid defense... unbeaten with Everton half way through season... one of the best tactics i've used hope more people try it out for you mate

Totally agree...
View attachment 182806

I test it now with R.sosiedad season 2025/2026 i think i have good players for this tact

Hi, used your old tactic years ago and had some great success, so excited about trying this one.
Couple of questions, what if any changes do you make if defending a lead, do you change mentality or any roles.
Also if a player is sent off do you sacrifice a striker?
Sorry if this has already been answered, im at work so trying to post before I get rumbled

Hi, used your old tactic years ago and had some great success, so excited about trying this one.
Couple of questions, what if any changes do you make if defending a lead, do you change mentality or any roles.
Also if a player is sent off do you sacrifice a striker?
Sorry if this has already been answered, im at work so trying to post before I get rumbled

No changes mate. Tbh it's been a long time since I used this myself. I take off the left winger if someone is sent off.

No changes mate. Tbh it's been a long time since I used this myself. I take off the left winger if someone is sent off.

Fair enough, i'm starting a new game tonight and always start lower leagues so ill let you know how it goes.
I think when i last used yours for 2014 i created my own hanging on to a game formation of yours to see out matches which was very effective...sadly i dont have a clue what i did.
Cheers fella :)

Fair enough, i'm starting a new game tonight and always start lower leagues so ill let you know how it goes.
I think when i last used yours for 2014 i created my own hanging on to a game formation of yours to see out matches which was very effective...sadly i dont have a clue what i did.
Cheers fella :)

I dunno what ya did either :D

I plugged it into my current save after the few latest posts rekindled my interest in this tactic I was playing 4231 before. I changed the striker to complete forward and results have been awesome

View attachment 181462

Think I will use this in my next save asell :D