callamity

Reaction score
Alright Chaps

Been working on the 4141 for this year since BETA bringing, I would have been earlier in the full release but lost everything on my hard drive :(

Before you moan about the results, it is Newcastle but those of you who know me know I've used them for testing since I started creating.

Formation

so onto the formation, Bog standard 4141 defensively as sound as anything you will have seen so far, however it is also quite potent in attack which I will show you as the beat goes on.

View attachment 112803 View attachment 112802

If you go down to 10 men

Take off the anchor man, change the cm(s) to cm(d) like the below image

View attachment 112154
Assistant Manager is set to do the Opposition Instructions:
View attachment 112801

My guy is Henke Tactics coach for my team and also 18 tactical knowledge
View attachment 112800

Training:

Preseason
View attachment 112799

Schedule alot of friendlies like so

View attachment 112798

The reason for this is Morale, win your easy friendlies you will start the season with good or better morale

View attachment 112797View attachment 112796

During season
View attachment 112795

Individual:

For individual training this will be dependant on individual player requirements, however as a general rule players up to the age of 22 I train the most all round role (central defender - ballplaying defender) as this will increase the most attributes and provide a better rounded player. Once a player reaches 22 I will train them in a role which gives them the most attributes required to do the job I need of them (center midfielder will train as a center midfielder)

Whilst doing the above I also set a note every 3 months to change the individual attribute focus as after the attribute training has taken (usually roughly 3 months) then its effect diminishes until the next time. for example If i have a CD who is weak in marking and positioning I will rotate these two attributes every 3 months when the note pops up.

Squad Building - IMPORTANT POST MAKE SURE YOU READ http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...-callamitys-best-tactic-fm17.html#post3057240

This tactic will require certain type of player to be perfect, attributes such as teamwork, workrate, determination etc are all good too have it is also important that the most of your players are well rounded and of similar personality type I prefer anything resolute or better and unless im signing a young player that I already have a suitable tutor for I wont buy them. The following squad is a recommendation of non world beaters who will with the proper guidance win trophys at any lever with this tactic.

This doesnt seem to fit on my screen dunno why.... any ideas? (should be a 4141 line up)
Results so far (this will be updated as the missus decided im going out 5 minutes ago)

View attachment 112794View attachment 112793View attachment 112642

1st Season results

Won Championship at a canter, loosing 2 games at the end of the season after the team became unsettled by interest from the big teams, squad morale crashed to poor as i blocked the door

View attachment 112193

EFL CUP WN 1st Season

View attachment 112333

Second season results

2nd in premier league :( was hoping to win that.

View attachment 111857

EFL Cup Champions again - 2 in a row

View attachment 111858

Euro Cup Champions

View attachment 111856

#4231 is a beast

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...llamitys-best-tactic-fm17-16.html#post3063237

download it there

Last edited:
Squad development - tips

When scouting new players for your team you need to ensure that they have the right mentality and personality type. It is also important to avoid players who are injury prone unless you want to micro manage those players.

The following reports demonstrate very important set of pro's required to build your squad properly

View attachment 112345View attachment 112344

Dressing room: it is important to have a professional squad and having players of a similar mind set will help your players improve and gel faster. This also has an influence on your young players coming into your team and helps improve their individual personality.

Important matches: enjoys big matches ensures that players will not crumble when going into games of importance ie the league run in at the end of the season, games against big teams, cup games etc.

Consistency: If your players arent atleast fairly consistent then there is a big chance that they will be prone to the odd blip and perform badly.

Key attributes for the team: If you have used this so far you will probably notice this is quite a physical tactic and it is important to have players with good bravery, workrate, teamwork and determination across the board.

Player attributes: Here is a list of the most important attributes for each position-Top line most important, middle line medium importance and third line is least important but are good to have.

GK - Ariel Ability, Handling, one on ones, reflexes, positioning, agility,
Command of area, composure, concentration, decisions, Anticipation
Throwing, Kicking,

FB's - Tackling, Marking, Crossing, Positioning, Stamina, Acceleration
Dribbling, Decisions, anticipation, pace
Long Throws, Composure.

CB's - Strength, Jumping, Positioning, Heading, Tackling, Marking
Decisoins, composure, concentration, Anticipation
pace, accelleration,

Anchor - Stamina, Strength, Tackling, Marking,
Positioning, Anticipation, concentration, decisions, composure

CM - Passing, Long shots, First touch, Stamina, Decisions, Vision
off the ball, positioning, Technique
CM(S) - Tackling

Wingers - Crossing, Dribbling, First Touch, Technique, Pace, Accelleration
Passing, Agility, Balance, Flair
Decisions, off the ball, Stamina

Complete Forward - off the ball, first touch, finishing, Pace, acceleration, composure,
long shots, dribbling ,
flair, agility, balance, anticipation.

Player preferred moves:To be updated

Anchorman: Stays back at all times, Plays short simple passes

CM(s): Dictates tempo, Switches ball to flanks,

CM(a): gets forward whenever possible, plays one twos, Tries killer balls

CF(s): Likes to beat offside trap, runs with ball through middle, moves into channels

First season transfers for my save:

View attachment 112191

transfers for the assault on the premier league and europe

View attachment 112168

Jesaustralia has written this fantastic post which I think helps to demonstrate exactly how to build your squad for this tactic to work

Callamity's Best

I would like to be in on the fun :)

Capital one cup quarter finals

81eca2e24210b27f66c8f121fe6c5141.png

League table so far...

22a357ffeb2fe50f3a10aa51b2d5a76e.png

I will say though I did an experiement cause I've never done it before - for some that's cheating for others that's interesting - so 1st season transfers are being a ***** as always - I didn't have time to wait for that - so I sold players using the editor most often sending them to the previous club - the players I didn't need - why did I do that? - cause I wanted to build a squad full of players who was streamlined towards:

Bravery - determination - workrate - teamwork - Winner types

Their is alot of magic in such a setup and I really appreciate you talking about this Callamity - I think lots of tactics can benefit from that framework - then ofcourse with the added positive personlities as well - you have a fantastic team that wants to win on and off the pitch - the training I did a few experiementations with as well - I wanted to figure out how soon I could make the players be fluid in the tactic as a player - not the team

So I set it up like this - preseason:

Team cohesion - high intensity - 50% scheduling - no rest days - Match preparation match tactics
- untill 1. of November

Then changed - November 1st:

Team cohesion - average intensity - 50% scheduling - rest after match ticked - defensive positioning

I find this recipe gold if you buy many players - however I also noticed that the players that are already within the team also could use match tactics to their benefit for a while - so keeping it their till november is certainly only to your benefit throughout your team.

My first 11

967358bd21a81be935eabe52eafef449.png

Obviously Overpowered in some positions but other positions are less - some realistic - some unrealistic - remember I put this team together by cheating using the editor - no stars though - all of them with positive personalities - all of them atleast 13+ in bravery - teamwork determination and workrate - which was the purpose of this test.

If you people can follow the guidelines I gave you above player general attributes & training I reckon you can take your tactics to new levels - this tactic though is one of the really special ones - deserves all your time.

Cheers guys

Last edited:
Alright Chaps

Been working on the 4141 for this year since BETA bringing, I would have been earlier in the full release but lost everything on my hard drive :(

Before you moan about the results, it is Newcastle but those of you who know me know I've used them for testing since I started creating.

so onto the formation, Bog standard 4141 defensively as sound as anything you will have seen so far, however it is also quite potent in attack which I will show you as the beat goes on.

View attachment 1095120 View attachment 1095121
View attachment 1095122

View attachment 1095123

Training:

Preseason
View attachment 1095124

View attachment 1095125

The reason for this is Morale, win your easy friendlies you will start the season with good or better morale

View attachment 1095126View attachment 1095127

During season
View attachment 1095128

Results so far (this will be updated as the missus decided im going out 5 minutes ago)

View attachment 1095129View attachment 1095130View attachment 1095131

I will add more results, details etc when i get back but for now enjoy

Your missus might just have saved your life with that walk :D

Looking very promising mate - I can update the link at Weartibus if you like?

Always start my games unemployed as a sunday league player. Currently testing with "Marseille Consolat" in french national. For instance, I think it's the best tactic of the forum. Amazing football, solid defense and great attack. I will post some results later.

Thank you very much for sharing.

Your missus might just have saved your life with that walk :D

Looking very promising mate - I can update the link at Weartibus if you like?

She may have killed me too it was so cold man but it was nice to be out in the glens.

If you could update the link at weartibus mate that would be amazing. I will need to catch the stream soon.

Always start my games unemployed as a sunday league player. Currently testing with "Marseille Consolat" in french national. For instance, I think it's the best tactic of the forum. Amazing football, solid defense and great attack. I will post some results later.

Thanks for the kind words mate. I look forward to your update

added some to the OP,

Anyone know how to get the images of the squad building section the right dimensions so that it is a 4141 line up with the goalie at the bottom

After 15 games i had irregular results, great victories but several 0-0 (4) and defeats (4). Used 1788 minutes, chance every 41 minutes, chance against every 119 minutes. So, good defence but I think my palyers aren't adapted especially my striker because i'm in lower league.

After 15 games i had irregular results, great victories but several 0-0 (4) and defeats (4). Used 1788 minutes, chance every 41 minutes, chance against every 119 minutes. So, good defence but I think my palyers aren't adapted especially my striker because i'm in lower league.

thats isnt too bad for lower league man, will do well as your team improves

Callamity, care to take a look at my 4141 and give some suggestion?

Alright Chaps

Formation

View attachment 1095120 View attachment 1095121
View attachment 1095122

View attachment 1095123

Training:

Preseason
View attachment 1095124

View attachment 1095125

View attachment 1095126View attachment 1095127

During season
View attachment 1095128

Individual:

For individual training this will be dependant on individual player requirements, however as a general rule players up to the age of 22 I train the most all round role (central defender - ballplaying defender) as this will increase the most attributes and provide a better rounded player. Once a player reaches 22 I will train them in a role which gives them the most attributes required to do the job I need of them (center midfielder will train as a center midfielder)

Whilst doing the above I also set a note every 3 months to change the individual attribute focus as after the attribute training has taken (usually roughly 3 months) then its effect diminishes until the next time. for example If i have a CD who is weak in marking and positioning I will rotate these two attributes every 3 months when the note pops up.

Squad Building

This tactic will require certain type of player to be perfect, attributes such as teamwork, workrate, determination etc are all good too have it is also important that the most of your players are well rounded and of similar personality type I prefer anything resolute or better and unless im signing a young player that I already have a suitable tutor for I wont buy them. The following squad is a recommendation of non world beaters who will with the proper guidance win trophys at any lever with this tactic.

This doesnt seem to fit on my screen dunno why.... any ideas? (should be a 4141 line up)

View attachment 1095129View attachment 1095130View attachment 1095319View attachment 1095131View attachment 1095325

I will add more results, details etc when i get back but for now enjoy

Update

Callamity's 4-1-4-1 On Weartibus

Is there a alternative to CF. Im playing lower league, and there are no CF