Keep it up man!

Im on a cambridge save. in league 1 right now.... hard but great

Cheers bud. I was happy to get out of the conference quite quickly. Only two promotion places is a nightmare!

November 2016

View attachment 389198

Sky Bet League 2

Cambridge United 2-1 Burton

A solid home win. A poor first half ended goalless. Bobby-Joe Taylor fired us ahead just after the break and David Viana made it 2-0 soon after. Alex MacDonald pulled one back late on but it was too late for Burton.

View attachment 389197

Sky Bet League 2

Cambridge United 1-1 Northampton

An even game and a decent point. Emile Sinclair scored in the first half for Northampton. Tom Elliott equalised after the break. Both sides had chances to win it but a draw is a fair result.

View attachment 389196

Sky Bet League 2

Rochdale 1-2 Cambridge United

A brilliant win after falling behind! Jack Sampson gave Rochdale the lead on 40 minutes but Tom Elliott replied instantly to send us in level at half time. Rochdale had the better of the second half but it seemed likely to end as a draw. Tom Elliott nabbed all three points deep into injury time.

View attachment 389195

Sky Bet League 2

Cambridge United 1-0 Colchester

We continue our fine form with another important win that sends us top of the league. The only goal of the game came in the second half when a Bobby-Joe Taylor cross was turned into his own net by Zak Jules.

View attachment 389192

Sky Bet League 2

Port Vale 0-1 Cambridge United

Top versus bottom and a result we really should be expecting considering recent performances. Ryan Donaldson scored the only goal after just 60 seconds. Despite our dominance throughout, I was always concerned with a slim lead but we saw it through and got the win.

View attachment 389190

FA Cup Second Round

Cambridge United 3-1 AFC Wimbledon

An absolutely fantastic result sees us through to the Third Round. Tom Elliott opened the scoring after just 30 seconds and added his second 20minutes later. David Viana made it 3-0 soon after. Kieron Cadogan pulled one back before half time but we controlled the second half and never looked troubled.

View attachment 389189

View attachment 389188

We have been drawn away to Shrewsbury in the FA Cup Third Round.

Sky Bet League 2

Cambridge United 1-1 AFC Wimbledon

Our tired squad laboured to an important point against AFC Wimbledon. The game couldn't have been more different to the cup game a few days previous. The away side took the lead after 2 minutes through Giuseppe Lacarra. Thankfully, Bobby-Joe Taylor equalised with seconds left of the first half. Both sides had chances to win it but I'll gladly take a draw today.

View attachment 389187

View attachment 389186

I'm pleased to be awarded the Sky Bet League 2 Manager of the Month award.

View attachment 389185

View attachment 389183

November Review

An incredible unbeaten month for the club. We sit proudly at the top of the league with a 4 point advantage. Mansfield have a game in hand on us but their form has been shaky recently. We've had to put up with a tiring schedule and it has really taken it out of the players. Another reason why to come through unbeaten is remarkable. We have slightly fewer fixtures in December with a week in between most to allow for much needed rest. It is, of course, way too soon to dream of promotion but I couldn't be happier at this stage with our season so far.

Player of the Month

Tom Elliott. No doubt about this one. Tom has taken the starting strikers role from Tom Pope this month and has shown real class to score 5 in 7. He seems like a rejuvenated player after a few seasons on the outskirts of the team. He's never moaned about his role in the squad and I'm delighted to see him hitting form.

December 2016

View attachment 389182

Sky Bet League 2

Hartlepool 3-1 Cambridge United

A really poor performance as our super form comes to an end. Hartlepool fully deserved their victory today. Scott Wortley and Luke Pritchard scored early on. Viana gave us a glimmer of hope before half time to make it 2-1. Wortley got his second late on to seal the deal.

View attachment 389181

Sky Bet League 2

Cambridge United 4-1 Chesterfield

A clinical performance and a decent response to the defeat last week. Chesterfield started really well and took the lead early on through Tyler Roche. We responded well and were ahead by half time. Goals from David Viana and Ryan Donaldson. Tom Pope and Luke Berry added the third and fourth in the second half.

View attachment 389180

Sky Bet League 2

Torquay 2-1 Cambridge United

A really unfortunate defeat. We dominated the first half but found ourselves 1-0 down at half time. Tom Pope equalised with 20 minutes left but an incredible strike from Tom Rosenthal won the game late on. Dean O'Halloran was forced off through injury.

View attachment 389179

Sky Bet League 2

Cambridge United 2-1 Forest Green

Another good performance has this time secured the three points. Tom Pope and David Viana scored in each half. Troy Hewitt scored late in the game for Forest Green.

View attachment 389178

Sky Bet League 2

Gillingham 2-2 Cambridge United

An excellent result away to top of the table Gillingham. Lyle Taylor scored twice for the home side. Tom Bonner and Bobby-Joe Taylor scored ours.

View attachment 389177

View attachment 389176

View attachment 389175

December Review

A decent month overall. We may have lost two games but we are still well in the fight for promotion. After a tiring November, we've benefited from a regular week gap between games. Not for long though, as January sees us play at least 7 games.

Player of the Month

Luke Berry. Some solid performances in the middle of the park for Luke. His goal against Chesterfield was an incredible strike.

Hey, great story so far. Its good to see a well laid out lower league story. Can relate to this being a supporter of a Conference side (not for long hopefully). Sorry if I've missed it, but what tactic(s) are you using?

Cheers man, appreciate it. I've stuck with the same tactic since the beginning. It's simple but one I revert to on many saves.

4-4-1-1. The two full-backs on support. Two central defenders on defend. Two wingers on attack. One ball winning midfielder on defend and one box to box on support. An attacking playmaker/advanced midfielder on attack and a target man on support.

I like to keep my team instructions simple so that the actual attributes of the players shine through (at least that's what I tell myself happens). Short passing, retain possession and high tempo.

It's a tactic that I think is well balanced and nothing more. FM 2014 for me is very unstable and the slightest tweak can spell disaster. For this reason, I keep it simple.

Hope this helps! Cheers again for the reply!

January 2017

View attachment 389002

View attachment 389001

I am pleased to announce the signing of 19-year-old defender Cameron Borthwick-Jackson on a free transfer. Cameron can provide cover at centre-back and left-back and I'm very hopeful about his future potential. The youngster left Manchester United last summer.

Sky Bet League 2

Luton 4-0 Cambridge United

Absolutely battered in this local derby. We had some very tired legs out there but it's no excuse. Goals for Oliver, Poole, Colkett and Hopper. An awful performance.

View attachment 389000

FA Cup Third Round

Shrewsbury 1-1 Cambridge United

A hard fought draw against League 1 opposition. I'm confident of our chances in front of our own fans. Kyle Kopp opened the scoring but Tom Elliott equalised before half-time.

View attachment 388999

View attachment 388998

Borthwick-Jackson made his debut against Shrewsbury, playing the full 90 minutes.

View attachment 388997

Liverpool again! A potential trip to Anfield awaits in the Fourth Round.

View attachment 388996

Keith Jackson has joined us for a 2 weeks trial. I've been trying to get Keith on a permanent deal but thus far our negotiations have hit a wall. I'm hoping his time at the club will bring him round to the idea of joining us.

Sky Bet League 2

Cambridge United 0-5 Coventry

Atrocious. Probably the worst I've seen us play since I took over. We need to stamp out this sudden, dramatic decline in our performance. We drop down to 6th​ place in the table.

View attachment 388995

View attachment 388994

Keith Jackson joins us on a permanent deal.

Sky Bet League 2

Cambridge United 5-1 Newport County

Much, much better. Luke Berry, Tom Champion and David Viana scored in the first half. Robbie Willmott pulled one back for Newport. Bobby-Joe Taylor and debutant Keith Jackson scored late on.

View attachment 388993

FA Cup Third Round Replay

Cambridge United 4-1 Shrewsbury

Magnificent! Anfield awaits! Tom Elliott scored two in the first half and Tom Pope and Luke Berry scored in the second. Shrewsbury were reduced to ten men early in the second half.

View attachment 388992

FA Cup Fourth Round

Liverpool 5-0 Cambridge United

This was always going to be a tough ask. Liverpool were utterly dominant throughout and got what they deserved. Adam Maher scored the opener and then Suarez and Suso got two each. We move on.

View attachment 388991

Sky Bet League 2

Accrington 3-1 Cambridge United

Accrington are definitely my bogey time. Played four, lost four. We were poor today and really must improve soon. Tomi Ameobi scored two in the first half. Tom Pope pulled one back from the spot. Greg Taylor scored an unfortunate own goal late in the game to finish it off.

View attachment 388990

Sky Bet League 2

Cambridge United 3-3 Bury

A brilliant match and a fair result. Edward Sanders gave Bury the lead inside a minute. Viana equalised. Eusepi put Bury 2-1 up. Donaldson equalised. Viana then scored an amazing free-kick to give us the lead for the first time just before the break. Josh Carson made it 3-3 soon after half time and that turned out to be that.

View attachment 388989

Sky Bet League 2

Oldham 1-3 Cambridge United

A fantastic win to round off the month. Oldham dominated the first half but we went in 1-0 up through Tom Elliott. James Wilson scored his first goal for the club to make it 2-0. Hiwula scored for Oldham with 5 minutes left to set up a nervy finish. It was Tom Pope who had the final say though, scoring with the last kick of the game.

View attachment 388988

View attachment 388987

View attachment 388986

January Review

An absolutely hectic month with 9 games played overall. We've had some proper beatings at times and have played very well at others. The important point is that we are 2nd​ in the league. Forget the cups, we now have our focus fully on promotion. It's incredibly tight at the top with ten points separating the top ten teams. We've dropped points but so have others so it's all about consistency now. Thankfully we only play four games in February so it's a chance for some much needed rest for the players. On a final note, I'm delighted to welcome Cameron Borthwick-Jackson and Keith Jackson to the club. Both are young and have bags of potential. We'll be seeing more of them over the coming seasons.

Player of the Month

David Viana. Everyone has had their ups and downs this month. David has stood out amongst the rest with a few goals and assists. I've said all that needs to be said about David previously. We're delighted to have him with us and look forward to future successes with him in the team.

February 2017

View attachment 388978

Sky Bet League 2

Mansfield 3-4 Cambridge United

Manfield moved above us into 2nd​ after a 7-1 midweek win away to Luton. This was always going to be a difficult game. We started terribly and the home side were ahead inside 20 seconds! Courntey Duffus with the goal. Minutes later, Viana was brought down in the area and Donaldson equalised with the penalty. Donaldson then scored again to give us the lead on 20 minutes. Ten minutes later, Viana was brought down again for a penalty. This time Donaldson's shot was saved denying him a hat-trick. It didn't matter for the team as by half time, it was 4-1. Elliott and Viana with the goals. Mansfield came at us strongly in the second half and scored through Duffus and Clements. Thankfully we held on for a massive victory.

View attachment 388977

Sky Bet League 2

Cambridge United 1-3 Cheltenham

A really poor performance today. We had plenty of chances but couldn't take them. Cheltenham were ruthless. Two first half goals for Tom Hitchcock gave us a mountain to climb. Luca Cattaneo made it 3-0 on the hour mark. David Viana pulled one back with 5 minutes to go.

View attachment 388976

Sky Bet League 2

Cambridge United 0-0 Southend

A really tough game. We had Aleksandar Gogic to thank for keeping us in the game in the first half. Some fine saves as Southend pushed for a goal. Tom Pope had an opportunity to win the game with 20 minutes left but his penalty was saved. Josh Scowen was sent off late on for Southend but there was too little time to take advantage.

View attachment 388975

View attachment 388974

Aleksandar Gogic has spoken to me about the desire to move to a bigger club. It looks as if promotion this season will be the only way to keep him at the club.

View attachment 388973

The upcoming game will be my 200th​ in charge of the club.

Sky Bet League 2

Dagenham & Redbridge 1-1 Cambridge United

A poor result really. George Illiev opened the scoring but Tom Elliott equalised immediately. Both sides had chances to win the game but it ended level.

View attachment 388972

View attachment 388971

David Viana has been ruled out for 6 months! A massive blow to our promotion chances this season.

View attachment 388970

Adam Cunnington has been told he'll be allowed to leave the club at the end of the season. He has yet to feature even on the bench so far and is now deemed surplus to requirements. It's an unfortunate turn of events considering his importance over the last few seasons. The arrival of Tom Pope and the form of Tom Elliott have meant he's never got near the team.

View attachment 388969

View attachment 388968

February Review

A disappointing month that started so well. I was particularly disappointed not to get the win against Dagenham. But, again, the main point is that we are still well in the promotion chase. We have dropped points but so have others. We have a busy March schedule with 6 games to play. I'm hopeful that we will still be in with a chance after those games. The loss of David Viana is absolutely massive. He has been by far our best player this season and I'm really concerned about the impact it will have on the team. David has 18 goals and 19 assists to his name and we're going to need the rest of the squad to make up those numbers with 11 games left to play.

Player of the Month

David Viana. He scored 1 and assisted 3 in the Mansfield game and continued to be our creative hub in the midfield. Will be sorely missed.

March 2017

View attachment 388483

View attachment 388482

Andrew Wright has signed a one-year contract extension. His previous deal was due to expire at the end of this season and I am pleased to tie him down for one more year.

Sky Bet League 2

Cambridge United 1-3 Alfreton

Awful. Very similar to the Cheltenham game in that we were utterly toothless in attack and punished by a ruthless Alfreton. Shaun Harrad scored two quick first half goals and Courtney Cameron made it 3-0 after the break. Ryan Donaldson scored late on.

View attachment 388481

Sky Bet League 2

Burton 3-1 Cambridge United

The wheels are coming off. We were never in the game today and the situation is becoming very concerning. Aleksandar Gogic scored an unfortunate own goal early on and Jason Kennedy made it 2-0. Keith Jackson scored a super free-kick to get us back into it before half time. Late on, Ryan Donaldson gave away a penalty and Chris Hussey made no mistake. Really, really poor.

View attachment 388480

Sky Bet League 2

Cambridge United 0-2 Swindon

Another defeat and morale is really low right now. Swindon were by far the better side and deserved the win. We held them off for most of the game but two late goals have given them all three points.

View attachment 388479

View attachment 388478

The club announce a new intake of youth players. No-one stands out as having the potential for a first team future with us but we'll see how they develop.

Sky Bet League 2

Northampton 2-1 Cambridge United

Our terrible run of form continues. Captain Tom Bonner was culpable for both goals and will be dropped. Keith Jackson gave us a first half lead but Bonner gave away a penalty which was converted. It was all Northampton in the second half and they were gifted the winner when Bonner dallied on the ball and allowed Anastasic the simplest of one-on-one's. The defeat means we drop out of the play-off places into 8th​. Our hopes of automatic promotion are a distant memory.

View attachment 388477

Sky Bet League 2

Cambridge United 0-1 Rochdale

Our fifth defeat in a row. We played a lot better today but it's been for nothing. Not much else to say. This is just awful.

View attachment 388476

Sky Bet League 2

Cambridge United 3-0 Port Vale

Finally! Huge relief as we turn a good performance into three huge points. A fairly even first half ended goalless. Then, two quick goals from Keith Jackson put us 2-0 up. Tom Pope made it 3 late on. Let's build on this.

View attachment 388475

View attachment 388474

View attachment 388473

March Review

Crikey. An awful month. Probably the most down I've ever been as Cambridge manager. We've gone from chasing automatic promotion to chasing an unlikely play-off place. I'd hate to say that it's because of the loss of David Viana. There's no doubting his quality but I didn't feel we were overly reliant of him. The only saving grace for his month is the Port Vale victory. We've got five games to turn our otherwise excellent season into tangible success.

Player of the Month

Keith Jackson. The new boy stood out in a month we'd all like to forget. Four goals amongst some decent performances have given us a glimpse of his potential importance to the club.

April 2017

View attachment 388124

Sky Bet League 2

Colchester 4-1 Cambridge United

A return to losing ways and a disappointing performance. Three goals in the first half an hour for Colchester. Nuhiu got two and Slew the third. We improved after half time and got a deserved goal through in-form Keith Jackson. David Vasey had the final word to make it 4-1. We drop to 10th​ in the league.

View attachment 388123

Sky Bet League 2

AFC Wimbeldon 1-1 Cambridge United

Well, we didn't lose so that's a plus point. A poor performance overall but I'll take the point at this stage.

View attachment 388122

View attachment 388121

Top of the table Colchester have secured a play-off spot at the very least.

Sky Bet League 2

Chesterfield 2-1 Cambridge United

We led at half time so to lose is a massive disappointment. Tom Elliott scored in the 40th​ minute. Chesterfield responded to all but end our hopes of a play-off place. Dean O'Halloran and Bobby-Joe Taylor were both withdrawn through injury.

View attachment 388120

View attachment 388119

Colchester win the league.

Sky Bet League 2

Cambridge United 3-0 Hartlepool

A brilliant win. The first half was even and ended goalless. Tom Pope came on at half time and scored a hat-trick. Superb. Unfortunately we will require results to go our way and a massive goal difference swing to have any chance of a play-off spot.

View attachment 388118

View attachment 388117

Mansfield and Swindon secure at least a play-off place heading into the final day of the season.

View attachment 388116

Aleksandar Gogic has been granted a transfer request. It is massively disappointing to lose a player who we have put so much time and effort into. He came to us with a lot to prove and has improved so much that he's been included in the USA youth setup. I'm furious to be honest but that's the way it goes. I promised him promotion and we have failed.

View attachment 388115

We have agreed the transfer of Gogic to Manchester United for 300k. I'm sorry to lose him but pleased with the fee.

Sky Bet League 2

Cambridge United 3-3 Torquay

A pretty accurate representation of our season in one 90 minute game. We were 3-0 down inside 20 minutes and the score remained that way until the hour mark. Two goals for Keith Jackson and one for Dean O'Halloran won us a point. When we're bad, we're really bad. When we're good, we're unstoppable.

View attachment 388114

View attachment 388113
View attachment 388112

Coventry and Forest Green have been relegated from League 2.

View attachment 388111

Mansfield and Bury join Colchester in promotion to League 1.

View attachment 388110

Southend, Gillingham and Hartlepool join Swindon in the play-offs.

View attachment 388109

Keith Jackson wins Player of the Month for April.

View attachment 388108

View attachment 388107

View attachment 388106

Swindon win promotion with a play-off final win over Gillingham.

View attachment 388105

End of Season Review

It's hard to know where to begin with this. At the end of February I was hugely confident about our chances of automatic promotion. We had been in and around the top 3 for practically the entire season. To end up in 12th​ place and without even a play-off shot is a massive disappointment. We've overachieved but it still hurts to fail at the moment when it meant the most. Was the loss of David Viana to blame? I'm not so sure. We looked unable to cope with the pressure during the run in. In our final 11 games, we took 8 points from a possible 33. Even achieving as little as double that amount would have seen us automatically promoted. There will be some comings and goings this summer. A few players are coming to the end of their contracts and a few more on the fringes have requested transfers. I know the areas that I am keen to strengthen but it all depends on who is available and whether we will be given any money to spend. I'm still yet to be awarded a transfer budget and as such have yet to actually spend a penny on transfer fees. It's hard to say how we will do next season without knowing the eventual make-up of the squad.

Player of the Season

David Viana. Despite missing the final two months, David finished top of our goals and assists tally. Who knows how we would've done if we'd had him in the side at the end. 18 goals and 19 assists in all competitions for our Portuguese maestro.

Luke Berry. An excellent consistent season for our fan favourite. Luke finished with 6 goals and 6 assists but it was his overall work in the middle of the pitch that has made him so important to us.

Tom Elliott/Tom Pope. Between them they have contributed 33 goals and 9 assists. Both players had a huge part to play in our season, yet neither did enough to keep the other out of the side. I imagine next season will continue in a similar vein.

2017/2018 Season

Pre-Season

View attachment 387738

I am pleased to announce the signing of goalkeeper Dean Lyness.

The club announce friendly fixtures against Carlisle, Ipswich, Derby, Luton, Brighton, Chester and Notts County.

View attachment 387735

Aleksandar Gogic completes his transfer to Manchester United.

View attachment 387732

Captain Ian Miller announces that he will be retiring in a few weeks times.

The following players have all extended their contracts with the club:
Joe Riley, Richard Tait, Luke Berry, James Wilson, Keith Jackson, Jed Manning, Dean O'Halloran, Bobby-Joe Taylor, Ryan Donaldson, David Viana, Cameron Borthwick-Jackson, Tom Elliott, Tom Pope and Michael Hunt.

View attachment 387730

Mitchell Austin has terminated his contract by mutual agreement.

Will Norris, Greg Taylor and Luke Allen have left the club following the expiry of their contracts.

View attachment 387729

I am pleased to announce the signing of Conor Hourihane. Conor has spent time at Sunderland, Ipswich and Plymouth during his career.

Luke Berry has been named as the new Cambridge United captain.

View attachment 387728

We have been drawn at home to Plymouth in the Capital One Cup First Round.

View attachment 387727

I am pleased to announce the signing of left-back Alan Dodd.

View attachment 387725

Winger Jack Doherty also joins us on a free transfer.

View attachment 387723

James Wilson suffers a serious injury in training. At best, he will be available again in a few months time. A massive blow.

View attachment 387721

Adam Cunnington has joined Dartford on a 6 month loan deal.

View attachment 387719

View attachment 387718

I am pleased to announce the signings of youngsters Fabio Greenwood and Mark Walker. I will most likely attempt to loan both out for this season.

View attachment 387717

David Viana will miss the start of the season through injury.

View attachment 387716

August 2017

View attachment 387699

Season Preview

Our preparations on the pitch have gone very well. Off the field we have gone through quite a dramatic turnover of personnel that has been unheard of in my time as manager. A few players have left the club and we have brought in six new players. Remarkably, we enter my 5th​ season in charge and I am still yet to spend on a transfer fee. It seems I have become used to spending on a budget. With regards to the players I have brought it, I am delighted with the signings and feel we have overcome short term losses and long term gains. Some may benefit us this season and some may take a while to bed in.
Our targets this season are promotion by any means. We got so close last year and are determined this season to finish the job we started last year. We've proven ourselves to be amongst the best teams in the league and I'm certain we can achieve our aims with a consistent season. The final months of last season will forever be on our minds so we cannot take anything for granted. Let's go!

Sky Bet League 2

Luton 2-2 Cambridge United

A decent performance to kick off the season. Tom Elliott gave us the lead but Chris Brown equalised. Bobby-Joe Taylor scored in the second half but Chris Brown equalised again. A fair result.

View attachment 387697

Jack Doherty, Dean Lyness, Adam Dodd and Conor Hourihane made their debuts against Luton.

View attachment 387689

Keith Jackson is ruled out for up to 4 weeks.

Capital One Cup First Round

Cambridge United 0-1 Plymouth

A really unfortunate defeat and we're out of the cup. We controlled most of the game and really should have taken the lead in the first half. The game looked set for extra time but Duncan Watmore netted the winner with five minutes left.

View attachment 387687

Sky Bet League 2

Cambridge United 1-1 Gillingham

A disappointing draw but it looked likely we wouldn't get anything at all from the game. Charles Banya gave Gillingham the lead early in the second half. Cameron Borthwick-Jackson scored an equaliser five minutes from the end.

View attachment 387685

View attachment 387684

David Viana resumes full training.

Sky Bet League 2

Barnet 2-1 Cambridge United

A terrible result. Tom Bonner gave us a first half lead and we looked quite comfortable. Two Cristian goals in the second half won the game for Barnet. David Viana made his return from injury as a second half substitute.

View attachment 387683

View attachment 387682

I am delighted to welcome defender Nicholas Ioannou to the club who we have signed on a free transfer.

Sky Bet League 2

Cambridge United 2-0 Alfreton

We record a long overdue first win of the season. It was a solid performance overall. First half goals for Donaldson and Berry. Nicholas Ioannou was taken off injured on his debut.

View attachment 387681

View attachment 387680
View attachment 387679

After a really solid debut, Nicholas Ioannou will unfortunately be out injured for 4-5 weeks. A really disappointing way to start his career with us.

View attachment 387678

Keith Jackson returns to full training.

View attachment 387677

View attachment 387676

August Review

A really disappointing start to the season. I'm hoping it's just a case of the new players settling in to the team. We thankfully got a win against Alfreton and I'm really keen for us to kick on from here.

Player of the Month

Luke Berry. Our new captain has played really well this month despite the results. He was moved further up the field when Viana was out but has flourished since moving back to his favoured role in the middle of the pitch.

September 2017

View attachment 387585

Sky Bet League 2

Cambridge United 2-1 AFC Wimbledon

Another decent win, especially after going behind. George Francomb put the away side ahead after half an hour. Taylor McKenzie then scored an own goal after a Ryan Donaldson cross. In the second half Conor Hourihane got the winner with his first goal for the club.

View attachment 387582

View attachment 387581

We have been drawn away to Colchester in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy South Second Round.

Sky Bet League 2

Rochdale 1-1 Cambridge United

An excellent performance and we're very unlucky not to have got the win. Cameron Borthwick-Jackson put us ahead but Rochdale equalised immediately through Reece Hall-Johnson. Francis Boateng was sent off for the home side with seconds left of the game.

View attachment 387578

View attachment 387576

James Wilson returns to full training.

Sky Bet League 2

Cheltenham 0-2 Cambridge United

An incredible performance and an incredible win. Keith Jackson and Tom Pope scored two first half goals to give us all three points.

View attachment 387574

View attachment 387573

Nicholas Ioannou has returned to full training.

Sky Bet League 2

Cambridge United 1-1 Rotherham

A good point against a strong Rotherham side. The draw was a fair result on the balance of play. Richard Brindley scored for Rotherham in the first half. In the second, A Bobby-Joe Taylor cross was turned into his own net by Cameron Gayle.

View attachment 387570

Sky Bet League 2

Southend 1-1 Cambridge United

Another decent point against strong opposition. We were very unfortunate not to win. Ryan Donaldson gave us a first half lead but ten minutes from the end Matthew Clarke got an equaliser.

View attachment 387568

View attachment 387567

Keith Jackson is ruled out for the next 3 weeks.

View attachment 387566

View attachment 387565

September Review

A good month overall. Unbeaten in the five games played and we are in a much better position in the league. Our performances have been excellent and we have been unlucky not to get more than 2 wins out of 5.

Player of the Month

Keith Jackson. Keith returned to the team and has played so well that he's kept David Viana out of the side. Something that a year ago would have seemed impossible. Viana has struggled a bit since his bad injury at the end of last season. Keith has come into the team and added energy to our attacking game. Unfortunately will miss most of the next month through injury.

Great story mate! Just read the whole way through unbelievable achievement so far! Unlucky on the last season..
Could I see a few screen shots of some players?

Berry, Jackson and the 2 kids you got through the youth intake?

Thanks bud

No problem mate. I'll sort them out when I load up later on. For the kids, did you mean Manning and Hunt? I'm sure you do, they're the only two of note who've made it through so far. Thanks for reading.