Okay, first of all, you have 3 players who won't really bother dropping deep at all to defend. That means:

- You're going to be deadly on the counter, if you get the ball
- You're going to have issues defending, especially on the flanks for obvious reasons.
- If the opposition isn't particularly attacking, you have a 3 v 4 disadvantage on the counter which they should win most of the time.
- This is made worse, because you don't have fullbacks supporting the front 3 quick enough.
- It's also not helped by the fact that you don't have any midfielders breaking forward.

So what's happening in a game? Your defence/midfield get the ball and because of the Attacking mentality, look forward for options, when there is none. Your front 3 are outnumbered mostly. They hit a long hopeful ball to them, but the defence deals with it easily and you're under attack again.

Honestly, it's not a good tactic. There's no movement between the lines. No defenders are joining the M strata. No midfielders breaking forward and no forwards (counting AML/R too, as that's what you've made them) dropping deep. It's plain and one-dimensional. Your problem isn't so much that you can't defend; it's that you can't really attack, because you're defending too much.

Sorry, that was completely off-topic. Continue.

Thanks for that, but we're the 3rd highest scorers in La Liga (Only behind Madrid and Barca) and I score a goal pretty much every game.

What do you think I should change specifcally? I've already made the CDM a ball winning midfielder and the Advanced Playmaker a roaming midfielder and that seems have improved it slightly.

While GC is entertaining himself, I thought I'd ask a question, if I may. Do you change this setup at all depending on who you play or any other factor?
I never change it. I've got a backup tactic incase I need to change it up but I very rarely go to that.

Thanks for that, but we're the 3rd highest scorers in La Liga (Only behind Madrid and Barca) and I score a goal pretty much every game.

What do you think I should change specifcally? I've already made the CDM a ball winning midfielder and the Advanced Playmaker a roaming midfielder and that seems have improved it slightly.

I've mentioned what's lacking in your tactic. You need to figure out how you want to play. You have an awful lot of TIs and PIs, so there's a lot happening and an Attacking mentality will make your players play risky football. If it's working, then great.

When are they scoring the goals though? Early? Late? Random? Any particular area that they score from regularly?

I've mentioned what's lacking in your tactic. You need to figure out how you want to play. You have an awful lot of TIs and PIs, so there's a lot happening and an Attacking mentality will make your players play risky football. If it's working, then great.

When are they scoring the goals though? Early? Late? Random? Any particular area that they score from regularly?

View attachment 332608

So you score most of your goals before 30mins. Tighten up after that. At some point those teams are going to want to try and get back into the game and throw people forward. Be ready for that.

So you score most of your goals before 30mins. Tighten up after that.
Do I do that by just changing the mentality from Attacking to Defensive? Or will I need to alter the TI, PI and the positions?

Need a bit of help with my defending on this game. I've tried several different formations, mentalities, shapes, training methods but nothing seems to be working. Settled on this one tactic because it was okay going forward, scored 86 in my first season (Conceding 69), but now the goals have dried up and now I'm just conceding goals. Was wondering if anybody could help. I'll put the tactic below if that will be helpful. Thanks.

Formation
View attachment 696915

Player Roles/Mentality
View attachment 696916

Team Instructions
View attachment 696918

Fullbacks (Both the same)
View attachment 696919

Centerbacks (Both the same)
View attachment 696923

CDM
View attachment 696925

BTB Midfielder
View attachment 696928

AP
View attachment 696931

Inside Forward (Both the same)
View attachment 696934

Poacher
View attachment 696937

Training
View attachment 696938

ps. Sorry mods for posting this twice, wasn't sure where was best.

Hi Mate, I had problems with leaking far too many goals also, using a very successful tactic from 2014 but realised things have changed a lot in this game.

i had been overdoing the instructions, and in 2015 the roles themselves without too many additional instructions are fine.

for example i see you have center backs and full backs to pass short, but in some cases you will want them just to clear the ball in danger. the reason they might be getting caught in possession is because no matter what the situation is they will always attempt to pass short and the option might not always be there so they will dither.

id say it would be better to have a team instruction to "play out of defence" which will limit the short passing to only when you have controlled possession to build up play.

your deep lying playmaker looks fine but Box2Box has a bit too many id keep it at close down more and more direct passing. Marking tighter will just have him stick to an opponent who may drag him completely out of position and might be better getting him to close down all over?

same with advanced playmaker no need to tight mark id close down instead, and direct passing.

I had problems with my inside forwards not passing when a clear tap in from my forward was on so had to to change them to support rather than attack, which also meant my forward scored more goals. Even more so with your tactic as you are playing with a poacher and he wont be doing much else if not getting any service. So id remove shoot more often from the inside forwards too.

One last thing that helped me on the team tactics as well is ticking "Be more disciplined" seemed to keep everyone in their positions except the ones i allowed to roam and my overall shape looked better! no more watching AI team walk through my midfield and defence in 3 passes...... always seemed to have a man covering give it a try.

Hi Mate, I had problems with leaking far too many goals also, using a very successful tactic from 2014 but realised things have changed a lot in this game.

i had been overdoing the instructions, and in 2015 the roles themselves without too many additional instructions are fine.

for example i see you have center backs and full backs to pass short, but in some cases you will want them just to clear the ball in danger. the reason they might be getting caught in possession is because no matter what the situation is they will always attempt to pass short and the option might not always be there so they will dither.

id say it would be better to have a team instruction to "play out of defence" which will limit the short passing to only when you have controlled possession to build up play.

your deep lying playmaker looks fine but Box2Box has a bit too many id keep it at close down more and more direct passing. Marking tighter will just have him stick to an opponent who may drag him completely out of position and might be better getting him to close down all over?

same with advanced playmaker no need to tight mark id close down instead, and direct passing.

I had problems with my inside forwards not passing when a clear tap in from my forward was on so had to to change them to support rather than attack, which also meant my forward scored more goals. Even more so with your tactic as you are playing with a poacher and he wont be doing much else if not getting any service. So id remove shoot more often from the inside forwards too.

One last thing that helped me on the team tactics as well is ticking "Be more disciplined" seemed to keep everyone in their positions except the ones i allowed to roam and my overall shape looked better! no more watching AI team walk through my midfield and defence in 3 passes...... always seemed to have a man covering give it a try.

Thanks for that. I've already taken off the Short passing with the defenders because it seems pretty pointless with the more direct TI on. Will try out the shoot less often on the IF and the more disciplined instructions though, thanks.

The majority of my goals conceded are dubious AI re: the defenders and keeper. The reactions to certain situations is odd, like stopping and watching the play after a spilled save or shot off the post. My team benefits from that also, but to a lesser degree. I just shrug my shoulders and get on with looking at how the match engine is trying to be. That'll be the way to beat it, not complaining about things that will obviously be fixed.

Do I do that by just changing the mentality from Attacking to Defensive? Or will I need to alter the TI, PI and the positions?

If you're going to do something as drastic as changing from Attacking to Defensive, then no. You'd have to change your setup.