Can't get into a game?

Minstrels

Reaction score
For some reason I've never really been able to 'get into' a FM season even though I love the game! The furthest I've got with a team is around May in the first season then I just sort of create a new game, normally I get bored at around December. Anyone else like this or is it just me? Even better has anyone been like this and then done something to actually keep interest in a save?

i always got bored in football manager 09 and never did a whole season but on fm 10 i have gone my furthest and with man city and got to about 32 games in the league.

yeah i spent a long time on fm10 today and aint even got passed 3 games in a season lol
i was
wednesday
rotherham
newcastle
maltby main
stocksbridge park steel
rotherham and i am sticikng with this 1 now lol

I am like that too,I start a new game which I say I'll do a season or two and I end up doing a month or two,I just cannot get stuck into a game people suggested I make a thread but I lost interest in that two

oh wait i forgot i was wigan for about 10 minutes lol hahaha
well im sticking with my rotherham game now!!!
shouldnt lie to mysef hahahaha well im gunna try my best to stick to it lol

yeah same here i got bored of making thread lol

Minstels do you mind!!!!!
im happy with my rotherham game just signed
ritchie de laet from man u on loan and darren gibson on loan
also signed akpo sodje on loan but he considering a contract i offered i offered 150k for him
and you go tempting me with a spending spreeeee
im bad enough mate dunt encourage me lol !!!
try it then pal lol

I know how you feel, I used to do the same. What I started doing was using a lower team, and a higher team as different managers. At the moment I'm playing as Manchester United and Altrincham. This way you get the challenge of being in a low income team, and the fun of buying expensive players (the game takes twice as long though).
Another tip could be to create your own team in editor and manage your way to the top?

hmm i dunno how to create a team lol but i would love to im a noob lol i tried doing one on that superbladesman with maltby main lol FAILED! i didnt have a clue who to sign lol

You have to keep trying. I did 8 Newcastle saves and 3 Birmingham saves before I got into a game. Keep going and don't give up after one bad result. Try a team like Newcastle or Betis who get promoted easily or a club with a big reputation or lots of cash. Work your way down from there!

yeh i tried with newcastle today i quite enjoyed it however i wasnt getting the right results im onli got fm10
yesterday and i need to get used to these tactics things i cant get results do u use a certain tactic??

Try goals galore tactic. Superb for me.

ok thanks mate
did u go to hillsborough boxing day then mate what a game eh?

Unfortunately not mate. Quite disappointed really. No offence to Sheffield Wednesday, but a team like Newcastle should have won especially as you have no manager. I thought you lot played well and probably deserved to win. I did think your second goal was a bit dubious though... :)

another thing i like doing is chosing a team that has the chairman status as 'willing to listen to offers' that way you have a chance of a board take over - newcastle is great for this in FM10 and Inter on FM09. means you can manage the team for a bit, iron out your strenghts and weaknesses. Then when the team is bought I've always been given an epic transfer kitty so you can buy some strong players - can be fun, but not too challenging.

Never got a good chairman with the Toon before. The best was some bloke who upgraded my youth facilities. :S

lol it was a good match lol good entertainment from both sets of fans
your grounds to big for you !!
theres onli 1 mike ashley hahaahaha lol
yeh i agree you should have beaten us comfortabley i thought we would get hammered like against west brom however your goal from shola
was offside and i think that goal of ours wasnt a foul maybe you would say im been biased cuz im a wednesday fan but
goalkeepers are far to overprotected by a reff he won the ball fair and sqaure and had his eye on the ball all the time
so it could have gone either way i seen them not given and seen them given thats football tho!!!
goodluck for rest of season
btw nolans a total Pr** no need for that celebration was there the fat boy !!!!

i used to be like that, playing as loads of different teams and not getting into the game but then i downloaded the free agents db and did half season as burnley with that and it got me back into fm properly...im now gna do a game for my team... chelsea and hope to play it for at least 5 seasons but we will see lol

This game can get tiresome soon though. I've done 15 seasons before, but not on FM10. I think the best thing to do is use a low rated team, and set yourself targets for each year.

try downloading some of the custom databases i always find something fun to do on there