Can't get into a game?

Im the same, still not got a game going. Started about 20 odd by now ang get bored after the first game of the season. Longest ive went is the start of the second season then my game died.

people pick teams mainly for these reasons:
1 they like them
2 its a challenge to manage them
3 they have lots of money
think about teams that you could manage and decide whether you could take them anywhere within your capabilities of a manager, and be them :)

im enjoying my everton save, ive made some very sexy tactics which i will post eventually on the site, for me not winning is not fun, even not doing well is not fun, i usually organize a friendly against a **** team to keep me interested

I normally keep my interest up with the team I start my save with, but then if I leave, for whatever reason, and it takes me ages to find a job, I get bored. Even if I can get a job straight away, some 'novelty' has worn off. For example, I won the league with Portsmouth, but then got half way through the next season and was sitting in 10th and the opportunity to go to Man Utd came up. I went, and won the UEFA Cup (as it was then known) in my first season and guided Man Utd to 3rd (they were 7th when I took over). But after that I lost interest- the dynasty I wanted to create at Portsmouth was over.

Normally, I just end up in international management! For example over the years I have managed South Africa, China, England, Canada and Paraguay! I actually quite like internatinal management on FM.....

how about trying to play as a brazilian or argentina club? How about trying out a low level german team or russian team?

Everytime I see one of these threads, it's always the exact same thing.

1. Always play as the same English clubs
2. Usually play as Championship or Premier Clubs
3. Always sign the same players.

Just try to take some random random random club that you have no idea about and working them up. Don't jump ship to another bigger club. Make your team the next Man Utd or Barca. You will have new people to target and a whole new set of challanges. I've taken low level Portugal clubs and Italian clubs to the top of their country while managing international. It's fun.

its kinda boring now because the jump from fm 2008 to 2009 was huge but from 2009 to 2010 thier hasnt been a major change

i've got my furthest so far in any fm i have played 36 games in the league with man city, only 2 more left.

Your probably playing the game or a season all in one go aren't you? Or in successive days? Give the game a rest for once every 2 days or something, otherwise this will happen all the time.

I'd suggest trying different leagues - the J-League in Japan, the A-League in Australia, and especially MLS in America are usually fun once you've worked out how they work and especially in America how the draft system works.

Also, I know a lot of people who try playing with their favourite team and can't get into it because they're too emotionally attached to certain players. I always had this problem with Newcastle up until about May this year, when I started a save with them and sold **** near everyone. Ironically, I was only left with the defenders after a couple of seasons, Coloccini, Taylor, Bassong and Ryan Taylor. I've just won the Champions League and back-to-back Premier League titles - that seems like a good place to end things with FM09.

its kinda boring now because the jump from fm 2008 to 2009 was huge but from 2009 to 2010 thier hasnt been a major change

Yeah but the changes in previous games were not as big as that jump either.

I have found starting a game in the second season is a lot more fun,,if you don't want to holiday for the full season you can load up Sweden and the country what you want to manage in,,then select the game start date for Feb 2010,,also set the Sweden league to view-only for a faster game

Yeah im the same. When I click on "Recently Viewed Teams" bout 150 show up !!

haha lol i onli had game 2 days and i probs got bout 9 diff teams lol maybe more haha
and clever idea!

Finally starting to get into a game with Man City (just hit January) :mad:!

Finally starting to get into a game with Man City (just hit January) :mad:!
Same with me first ever time i have ever really got into a season and with a club, i just completed a season and finished 4th with man city. Cant wait for next season now, for some reason i still dont want to leave city and start a new career. But how come i am only getting 40.5m in the second season with city for title challenge? and i would have got about 100m in the first season.

Last edited:
Same with me first ever time i have ever really got into a season and with a club, i just completed a season and finished 4th with man city. Cant wait for next season now, for some reason i still dont want to leave city and start a new career. But how come i am only getting 40.5m in the second season with city for title challenge? and i would have got about 100m in the first season.
What did you set your target as in the first season? Did you match it?

I'll tell you my new budget in a minute. Last game of season, if I win and Chelsea lose/draw I win the league. I'm beating West Ham so far and they're drawing against Arsenal away... tense.

I'll tell you my new budget in a minute. Last game of season, if I win and Chelsea lose/draw I win the league. I'm beating West Ham so far and they're drawing against Arsenal away... tense.
Cool, on my last game my best my only positions i could finish were 4th or 5th i had to hope everton draw or lost against stoke(who were getting relegated) but i lost but luckily everton drew so it didnt matter and i came 4th.

Cool, on my last game my best my only positions i could finish were 4th or 5th i had to hope everton draw or lost against stoke(who were getting relegated) but i lost but luckily everton drew so it didnt matter and i came 4th.
I won 4:1 but Chelsea won 2:0. :'(

Ahh well, my aim was the same as yours so I did alright. Villa & Tevez got top goal scorers. Need to get through all the end of season stuff till I get my new budget.