Capello names squad

the only other options is to push rooney up front as a False nine, Lampard behind him exploiting the space, becuase the rest of the leading line havent been great as you say

Lampard was never good at the whole trequartista jobby though, not like Rooney is.

Where is Micah Richards, he sticks with glen johnson despite him being a pile of ****.

He's actually been really good under Dalglish, particularly out of position on the left...

.. Talking of which, would've liked to see Gibbs in the squad, but he's not done much to earn it tbf.

Love that Wilshere is in the squad on pure merit rather than just wanting to slowly introduce younger players into the squad.

He's actually been really good under Dalglish, particularly out of position on the left...

.. Talking of which, would've liked to see Gibbs in the squad, but he's not done much to earn it tbf.

Love that Wilshere is in the squad on pure merit rather than just wanting to slowly introduce younger players into the squad.
I overreacted a little, but i still think richards is a much better player.

yeah this is true

Young in, milner/jarvis on the left

I'm so loath to accept this, but he did well there for England. It might work. Milner might work there as well, come to think of it, though like Lampard he's probably better driving from deep.

Micah Richards? :(

Stewart Downing, FFS :mad:

Sigh. Downing has been brilliant this whole season.

I'm so loath to accept this, but he did well there for England. It might work. Milner might work there as well, come to think of it, though like Lampard he's probably better driving from deep.

Sigh. Downing has been brilliant this whole season.
you could push wilshere there and have lampard deep, becuase that actuall creates the ability to get him up from deep while pulling their centrebacks everywhere

Hart

Johnson Cahill Terry Cole

Parker* Wilshere

Lennon Rooney Young

Bent​

* - A little annoying we don't have an actual DM - Just two box-to-box players though both can cover for each other with any luck.

Basically just going for raw pace up front with Bent, Lennon, Rooney and Young =P

Would like to see Jarvis come on at some point, too:

11 - Matt Jarvis has made more crosses per 90 minutes than any player in the Premier League this season. Call-up

good team i would like to see smalling break in the first team now and get him linking up with jt could be an amazing patnership in the back four

Hart

Johnson Terry Cahill Cole
Lennon Wilshere Lampard Young
Rooney Bent

Yes, I'd start it with a simple 4-4-2

hart

johnson terry cahill cole
lennon wilshere lampard young
rooney bent

yes, i'd start it with a simple 4-4-2

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRINGGG ;)

Not sure how well Wilshere - Lampard would work: Relying on Jack to do all the defensive work.

Hart

Johnson Cahill Terry Cole

Parker* Wilshere

Lennon Rooney Young

Bent​

* - A little annoying we don't have an actual DM - Just two box-to-box players though both can cover for each other with any luck.

Basically just going for raw pace up front with Bent, Lennon, Rooney and Young =P

Would like to see Jarvis come on at some point, too:

11 - Matt Jarvis has made more crosses per 90 minutes than any player in the Premier League this season. Call-up
you dont need a definitive DM, as long as the B2B knows how and when to come deep (think Khedira, Bastian) Hargreaves was a B2B as opposed to a desginated DM

Jarvis is a very good player. If he plays and Crouch or Carroll play then boom. Goals.

you dont need a definitive DM, as long as the B2B knows how and when to come deep (think Khedira, Bastian) Hargreaves was a B2B as opposed to a desginated DM

True, but alongside a 19 YO, I'd rather we did have one just to be safe.. He can get a little carried away, however good he's been this season.

True, but alongside a 19 YO, I'd rather we did have one just to be safe.. He can get a little carried away, however good he's been this season.
parker has the disclipline to protect him, and he will talk to him all through the game. It angers me that we have taken this long to call him up properly, should have gone to the world cup

I would start with:

Foster
Walker Cahill Terry Baines
Wilshere Parker
Lennon Rooney Young
Carroll​

parker has the disclipline to protect him, and he will talk to him all through the game. It angers me that we have taken this long to call him up properly, should have gone to the world cup

Parker?

He's certainly deserved a call-up before now.

Good to se jarvis, derserves it!

Hart
Johnson Cahill Terry A.cole
Milner Wilshire Lampard Young
Rooney Carroll.