Capello names squad

Ed Syers

Seb Larsson, na na na na
Reaction score
Fabio Capello has named his squad to face Wales and Ghana.

Fabio Capello has named a squad of 26 players to face Wales and Ghana, with a first call-up for Wolverhampton Wanderers midfielder Matthew Jarvis.

Kyle Walker retains his place in the defensive ranks following his first senior call last month for the game against Denmark. Phil Jagielka returns to the squad along with Aaron Lennon and Andy Carroll, all three players missed the game in Copenhagen.

For Carroll it is his first return to the England squad following his move to Liverpool, the 22-year-old forward made his debut against France last November and recently returned from injury to make his first appearances for the Anfield club.

Squad in full (alphabetical by position)

Ben Foster, Robert Green, Joe Hart;

Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, Joleon Lescott, John Terry, Kyle Walker;

Gareth Barry, Stewart Downing, Matthew Jarvis, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Jack Wilshere, Ashley Young;

Darren Bent, Andy Carroll, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Wayne Rooney.

http://www.thefa.com/England/News/m...s-v-England/Match-Previews/Squad-announcement

Matt Jarvis? oO)

Jarvis has earned it to be fair, if he was playing for a top 6 side, it wouldnt be a suprise

Just seen this on SSN, surprised about the inclusion of Jarvis but good luck to the chap:)

Jarvis is good, and has been in good form. Definitely deserves a callup IMO.

Four Villans again. Not much to say really.

Jarvis as been wolves best player for ages

derserves his England call-up i think

yeah im pleased about jarvis he really has deserved it from his form this season :)

Yeah Jarvis deserves to be called up, he's not much worse than people like Lennon etc and is in good form. Also glad Parker has been called up.

Jarvis is good, and has been in good form. Definitely deserves a callup IMO.

Four Villans again. Not much to say really.
4-2-3-1

hart

walker, cahill, terry, cole

parker, wilshere

lennon, rooney, young

bent

thats how i would start it

Jarvis has earned his call-up to be fair.

Gareth Barry. :(

4-2-3-1

hart

parker, wilshere

lennon, rooney, young

bent

Interesting. Cahill and Terry would be intriguing, and we get to see what might be a future right wing pairing for Spurs and England on the right. Bent hasn't been in great form recently, though tbf none of the others have either.

Kyle Walker <3

Him and Lennon could be the future right hand side of Spurs and England...

4-2-3-1

hart

parker, wilshere

lennon, rooney, young

bent

This so much. Shame Lampard is probably guaranteed a place in midfield, when Parker/Wilshere would work so much better.

I am really looking forward to this seeing as Walker, Parker and Jarvis got called up, will love to see our formation.

I would like something like this

Hart

Walker Terry Cahill Cole

Milner/Parker Wilshere

Lennon Lampard/Rooney Young

Carroll/Bent/Rooney​

Hart

Johnson
Jagielka
Cahill
Baines

Lennon
Parker
Wilshire
Jarvis

Rooney
Defoe

Thats what I would do. Terry is only in as he is captain. If he wasn't I would say Cahill.

Probably be a bit of an experimental side, but should have enough about them to overcome Wales.

Interesting. Cahill and Terry would be intriguing, and we get to see what might be a future right wing pairing for Spurs and England on the right. Bent hasn't been in great form recently, though tbf none of the others have either.
the only other options is to push rooney up front as a False nine, Lampard behind him exploiting the space, becuase the rest of the leading line havent been great as you say

Where is Micah Richards, he sticks with glen johnson despite him being a pile of ****.