Capello to Quit After Euro 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 103
  • Views Views 5K

Calum

Reaction score
Fabio Capello has confirmed he will quit as England coach after Euro 2012.
The 64-year-old said he was not interested in a new contract with the national side after the tournament in Poland and Ukraine.
"We have to qualify first of course but after that I will be too old," he said.
"I want to enjoy my life as a pensioner."
After England's disappointing performance in the World Cup, there were doubts over Capello's future heading into the Euro 2012 qualification campaign.
But six points and seven goals in the first two games - against Bulgaria and Switzerland - strengthened the Italian's position.
Sky Sports News presenter Tony Wrighton said: "It has been a difficult time for Capello since the World Cup.
"Had these last two Euro qualifiers gone badly for him, you would have thought maybe his time had been up.
"He's got through that. He's definitely going to be there until Euro 2012 and after that he's going to enjoy his life as a pensioner.
"He seems to have this knack of brilliant results in the qualifiers. It looks as if qualification for Poland and Ukraine could be as easy as it was for the World Cup."
England's next match is against Montenegro at Wembley next month
More follows...
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...uit_As_England_Football_Coach_After_Euro_2012

Last edited:
Get an Englishman in.

Be interesting to see which Englishmen will be in the limelight when this comes around.

Id choose Harry Redknapp or Sam Allardyce personally.

Id choose Harry Redknapp or Sam Allardyce personally.

I'd hate to see Sam Allardyce as England manager. 'Arry's a good candidate, but I think club's his level.

I'd choose harry Redknapp too, Personally i think he is one of the best english managers going.

Harry Redknapp for a couple of tournaments, then when he retires stuart pearce

never big sam, but i wouldn't mind Redknapp even though i hate the man at club level or Stuart Pearce.

Harry Redknapp or David Beckham (If he decides to go into management)

Nobody's saying Moyes? He'd be my pick. EXCEPT OF COURSE HE'S SCOTTISH and apparently I cannot distinguish between England and Scotland anymore :@

'Arry would be good as well.

Last edited:
Stuart Pearce, if we're planning to go with the current youth players. He knows them all extremely well.

******... of course he is, my bad. There's something with my mind about Moyes being from the West Country. Grrr.

Back