Capello to Quit After Euro 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 103
  • Views Views 5K
Nobody else but Stuart Pearce should be considered. He's been groomed for this job for so long now, and he has the passion for England that we should have in a manager. I think he'd restore a bit of pride in the nation, too.

There isn't an Englishmen good enough for the job. Yes there are good English managers at club level but intenational? No thanks

Nobody else but Stuart Pearce should be considered. He's been groomed for this job for so long now, and he has the passion for England that we should have in a manager. I think he'd restore a bit of pride in the nation, too.

i pretty much agree with this, but...

last time england had foreign manager didn't he groom an english man to take his place??
i remember that working out badly

don't get me wrong, i'd be happy with pearce - i'm just cautious

There isn't an Englishmen good enough for the job. Yes there are good English managers at club level but intenational? No thanks
Bit of a stupid thing to say. since most havent managed at international level??

Steve McClaren, anyone? :P

Seriously though, I'm struggling to think of anyone past 'Arry or Pearce. I'd like Pearce, personally.

Tony Pulis maybe? That'd be a laugh, if nothing else.

Didnt the france coach do this?, announcing he was stepping down in advance?

And that has effectivly led to france ceasing as an international heavy weight.

I'd like to see either Ancelotti or Wenger in charge of England, although that's extremely ambitious. The current crop of English managers aren't good enough in my opinion but I wouldn't mind Redknapp.

Hopefully Stuart Pearce would get the job with David Beckham having a back seat role.

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

I'd like to see either Ancelotti or Wenger in charge of England, although that's extremely ambitious. The current crop of English managers aren't good enough in my opinion but I wouldn't mind Redknapp.
Are you having a giggle :P

Last edited:
I like the idea of Pearce being Manager but I'd think you'd need a very good number two as his assistant.

Would be a interesting scenario if Capello won Euro 2012 (touch wood) and was leaving afterwards.

Allardyce though, no thanks.

Yeah true we've had a situation in the past with Mclaren, dunno why but I just think Pearce would be different - he's been under 21's manager for a few years now and had some success with them. I'd like to see him as national team manager :)

Didnt the france coach do this?, announcing he was stepping down in advance?

And that has effectivly led to france ceasing as an international heavy weight.

we all knew Vanables was leaving after euro 96, Hoddle was announced long before the tournament started and we were the best team there that tournament

I like the idea of Pearce being Manager but I'd think you'd need a very good number two as his assistant.

Would be a interesting scenario if Capello won Euro 2012 (touch wood) and was leaving afterwards.

Allardyce though, no thanks.
The only real quality number two I could think of is Pat Rice but would he share his Arsenal commitments with England as he is unikely to leave Arsenal for England.

Shame that we can't have Hoddle, really. He's a talented manager, but we took him before he was ready.

stuart pearce definitely. sorry i just wouldnt be happy with harry. when a man tells a newspaper that "tactics arent that important" i start to wonder about him

Last edited:
i agree with having Wenger in charge although i know it won't happen.

to be honest this was on the cards since fabio said he would be helping to look for a yong english coach to be groomed for the england job in the future.

Yeah exactly, so it's got to be Pearce. (if you count 48 as young, haha)

I'd like for him to get it, partly because he is a Forest legend. Loves the country and his record - so far - with the under 21's has been good.

Yeah exactly, so it's got to be Pearce. (if you count 48 as young, haha)

I'd like for him to get it, partly because he is a Forest legend. Loves the country and his record - so far - with the under 21's has been good.

Well...ish. Recently they've struggled through, but last time didn't they get to the final or something? Also, as an added bonus by the time he takes the post many of the players he coached in the U-21s will hopefully be in the England side.

Back