Capello to Quit After Euro 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 103
  • Views Views 5K
There said they would like an english manager, but will we who is available at the time. Sir Trevor Brooking Speaking
“Stuart knows he is not the automatic person,” Brooking told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast.
“He came out of club management and he’s done really well with the under-21s but some would say he needs to go back to club management. Let's see what happens in the next couple of seasons.
“We've indicated that we'd like to go English but it's who is available at the time. Everyone’s thrown people into the hat but [we need to see] where they are with their clubs at the time."

To Me that backs up what i have said, he needs some club football experience. Simply being u21 manager, isnt good enough for the biggest job in the country. Rather see Maclaren back in 2 years then pearce.
already seen that. but the FA have said in more in than one article the next manager will be english, and that they will look to bring him into the coaching set up in order to groom him. Brooking is being smart and not pigeon holing himself by committing. it says lets see what happens in two years, it doesnt rule him out either.

You can't rule Pearce out completely, you would be stupid to do that. He is not the first choice yes, but who's to say he won't be a success at international level? Like madsheep said, we can't see into the future.

The guy has done well at u21 and his team play some good football.

To your earlier point Scott - the fans, and the media will always get on the managers back if they start to lose some games, that's football. Also, Pearce was a former captain of England and is regarded by many as one of the greatest defenders to ever come out of his country.

With the man comes respect, which the players will have for him. He has the passion for his country that is needed at international level. I bet he'd look more impressed than Capello does when we score.

To your earlier point Scott - the fans, and the media will always get on the managers back if they start to lose some games, that's football. Also, Pearce was a former captain of England and is regarded by many as one of the greatest defenders to ever come out of his country.

With the man comes respect, which the players will have for him. He has the passion for his country that is needed at international level. I bet he'd look more impressed than Capello does when we score.

I am not saying he doesnt hold respect, i for one respect the bloke but an international manager when he has done very little really?. Why dont we just give the job to Beckham, he get just as much respect as Pearce, knows the players. It just wouldnt work. If he gets the job, i would put 100% support behind him, like i would expect any real england supporter to do. I just dont think he has done enough to get it, But hey ho, i aint employed to make that decision, i leave that to the so called proffessionals at the Fa.

No more from me, we are going round in circles

I am not saying he doesnt hold respect, i for one respect the bloke but an international manager when he has done very little really?. Why dont we just give the job to Beckham, he get just as much respect as Pearce, knows the players. It just wouldnt work. If he gets the job, i would put 100% support behind him, like i would expect any real england supporter to do. I just dont think he has done enough to get it, But hey ho, i aint employed to make that decision, i leave that to the so called proffessionals at the Fa.

No more from me, we are going round in circles

Yeah we are haha, think we've summed up why each deserves to get the job to be honest!

Back