Carling Cup 3rd Round Draw and Discussion

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 325
  • Views Views 14K
Status
Not open for further replies.
think city blew a great chance for a trophy here tonight, some great results though. anderson looked decent, bebe showsd some lovely flashes, Mchreacan looks like a real talent

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

going one step further than this. I myself have used the chalkboards and i've looked at both Liverpool's pass success rate and Arsenal's over the first 5 games of the season...

Liverpool Pass Success Rate: 86%
Arsenal's Pass Success Rate: 89%

so there's comparing a now called long ball team, to possibly the team that plays the best football in the league. Funny how theres only 3% difference in pass success rate. All i can say is we must have some ****** good headers of the ball if we're winning all those long balls.

IMO Roy's only getting critisized so heavily because it's supposedly not what people want to see, and we want to see football played like Arsenal do. well newsflash for you all. We're not technically gifted as Arsenal, so it's never going to happen. Again, IMO, we're not playing that much differently to how we played under Rafa last season...
i wouldnt you're playing similar to benitez, your pressing game for one is different, and so is method of attack, you have lots of completed passes across the pitch, but far too few are dangerous ones. crazy for people to call for his head but hes not helping himself. the two halves against us sum up the good and the bad

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

but this is topic for another time, not really to do with tonight

think city blew a great chance for a trophy here tonight, some great results though. anderson looked decent, bebe showsd some lovely flashes, Mchreacan looks like a real talent

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

i wouldnt you're playing similar to benitez, your pressing game for one is different, and so is method of attack, you have lots of completed passes across the pitch, but far too few are dangerous ones. crazy for people to call for his head but hes not helping himself. the two halves against us sum up the good and the bad

Very true.... sideways passes from Poulsen an Lucas

People are saying it's crazy to call for his head. I reckon by the end of the season the majority will want him out, if not he'll already be out. I don't doubt his managerial ability he is a great manager, just not right for Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back