Carling Cup Final 2011: Arsenal Vs Birmingham City

Winners?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at short number. It was Beausejour who rubbed his head. Stop making Bowyer a scapegoat. I would have done the exact same if I was in that team!

Beausejour's number is 23 and you can clearly see that he was behind the player who rubbed/smacked KOS on the head.

So all this talk of how many, is now will they even win one.. I ******* love it. Foster is a god, Martins with an titans style performance, and Johnson was class.

How did Martins put in a titan-style performance? A tap-in and a watsed opportunity right at the end..

Anyway, still three competitions left to fight for.. It's not about our quality, it's how we bounce back from this over the next two weeks that will determine whether we can catch ManUSA or not...

Leyton Orient will be buoyed up by this & think they can coem to the Emirates and get a result so the fans need to get behind the side, rather than get on their backs...

Utd have some tricky games coming up & as I keep saying, haven't impressed all that much this season - especially away from home, so hopefully Chelsea and/or Liverpool can do us a favour. (I'm more confident of Liverpool doing this to be honest, the importance of the game will really spur on the Liverpool fans and players, and hopefully they can get a result)

Utd have some tricky games coming up & as I keep saying, haven't impressed all that much this season - especially away from home, so hopefully Chelsea and/or Liverpool can do us a favour. (I'm more confident of Liverpool doing this to be honest, the importance of the game will really spur on the Liverpool fans and players, and hopefully they can get a result)

And the worrying thing is there still top. Cant really see them throwing away the title now.

Is it just me or does it looks like Wilshere will become another **** of the game?.
Watched the highlights and many other past Arsenal games as well, no doubt he is talented but his attitude just irritates me. Look at his reactions and how he tackles, i've hardly seen any young players react like that to the slightest of incident ( except Balotelli ) .

Last edited:
Have just got ourselves back to Brum after a night to remember in London! Iv never spent so much on drink in my life!
Well what can i say really, our lads showed what is needed to beat the so called bigger teams of this country, with grit bottle and passion none stop and throw in a bit of luck.

View attachment 140073
before the game at a converted curry house into a blues pub for the day (H)

Im not being biased however i think we believed the win, and before any arsenal fan gets on their high horse, dont bother! Im not arguing any stupid pathetic reason that may suggest you could have won it, at the end of the day i have been kicked in the bollocks so many times being a blues fan, playing well and not coming through, and yesterday we went and did that!

Our fans were top class, Arsenal however need to put down the prawn sandwiches and make an atmosphere, it was a cup final! In my opinion shameful support... AND once again not here for an argument, they have stated on many forms of media that Arsenal fans were poor and we made the biggest noise Wembley has even seen to date... ;)

The game well, the first half was a blur! Great worked set piece by us, played to our strengths in that department. HOW did the lino give bowyer offside in the opening minutes, the keeper should have gone and penalty awarded without any doubt! and Fantastic finish from RVP, cant take that away from him, beast of a goal, him and Nasri were the only players that really impressed me yesterday, Wilshere played well but now seems to have arrogance and moans at everything, why you would pick on Barry Ferguson i will never know, sort of Gattuso Jordan like!!

Our winner was the best goal we will ever score XD i was behind the goal but 30 rows up, when the ball popped up to him the world stood still for what seemed forever, and iv never celebrated a goal like i celebrated that one! Absolutely UNREAL!

There isn't one player on the pitch that i could moan at, we were frustrating at times, but have seemingly given barcelona a master class on how to beat arsenal.

MOM for me was Foster or Larsson, worked his socks of Seb did, and went to every Arsenal player afterwards to do the right thing.

I could ramble on about this forever, so ill stop now :$

"we've never won **** all, we'v... Oh wait :D"

iv got a few quality videos will upload them onto youtube when i get the time, best day of my life by a mile ^^)

We're Birmingham City WE'LL DO WHAT WE WANT!!!

Ben fosters performance was brilliant he is such a good keeper when on top form so much so i think id like to try him out in fm haha

Fantastic performance by Blues. My dad's a Birmingham City fan so naturally I have a soft spot for them.
Great to see them win it, and definitely deserved it too.

Absolutely deserved win for Birmingham, the feats of Foster and the back four should have been rewarded and they were. They were outstanding, although we had some good attacking spells and chances, we could not finish and therefore didn't deserve the cup.

Obviously as an Arsenal fan I wasn't amused by Koscielny in the last minutes of the match, but it certainly is an embarrassing moment for him, hopefully one he can learn from.

Congratulations Birmingham.

Have just got ourselves back to Brum after a night to remember in London! Iv never spent so much on drink in my life!
Well what can i say really, our lads showed what is needed to beat the so called bigger teams of this country, with grit bottle and passion none stop and throw in a bit of luck.

View attachment 140073
before the game at a converted curry house into a blues pub for the day (H)

Im not being biased however i think we believed the win, and before any arsenal fan gets on their high horse, dont bother! Im not arguing any stupid pathetic reason that may suggest you could have won it, at the end of the day i have been kicked in the bollocks so many times being a blues fan, playing well and not coming through, and yesterday we went and did that!

Our fans were top class, Arsenal however need to put down the prawn sandwiches and make an atmosphere, it was a cup final! In my opinion shameful support... AND once again not here for an argument, they have stated on many forms of media that Arsenal fans were poor and we made the biggest noise Wembley has even seen to date... ;)

The game well, the first half was a blur! Great worked set piece by us, played to our strengths in that department. HOW did the lino give bowyer offside in the opening minutes, the keeper should have gone and penalty awarded without any doubt! and Fantastic finish from RVP, cant take that away from him, beast of a goal, him and Nasri were the only players that really impressed me yesterday, Wilshere played well but now seems to have arrogance and moans at everything, why you would pick on Barry Ferguson i will never know, sort of Gattuso Jordan like!!

Our winner was the best goal we will ever score XD i was behind the goal but 30 rows up, when the ball popped up to him the world stood still for what seemed forever, and iv never celebrated a goal like i celebrated that one! Absolutely UNREAL!

There isn't one player on the pitch that i could moan at, we were frustrating at times, but have seemingly given barcelona a master class on how to beat arsenal.

MOM for me was Foster or Larsson, worked his socks of Seb did, and went to every Arsenal player afterwards to do the right thing.

I could ramble on about this forever, so ill stop now :$

"we've never won **** all, we'v... Oh wait :D"

iv got a few quality videos will upload them onto youtube when i get the time, best day of my life by a mile ^^)

We're Birmingham City WE'LL DO WHAT WE WANT!!!

They are the best seats at wembley you got.. right behind the goal bottom tier, quality atmosphere. Exactly where I want to sit if we get there in the fa, enviously I congratulate yourself and birmingham.. ;)

I stand corrected. My apologies.

It was Ferguson who tickled KOS on the head. Not Bowyer.
Not that im bothered.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...s-blasted-Barry-Fergusons-Wembley-antics.html

Agree with the person a few posts above. Wilshere is getting to big for his boots. And squaring upto Ferguson? The bloke would eat him for breakfast!

Was a brilliant game, take nothing way from Arsenal, it could have gone either way, but we was simply brilliant. Play your arrogant one touch football all day long, id rather have sheer grit and determination any day of the week.

Keep Right On!

They are the best seats at wembley you got.. right behind the goal bottom tier, quality atmosphere. Exactly where I want to sit if we get there in the fa, enviously I congratulate yourself and birmingham.. ;)

That is the best thing you have ever said to me XD
But ye i would highly recommend sitting there! I was in Block 134, row 32. IDEAL seats!!
Tbf though as long as your there at moments like that it makes no difference really, will remember it forever

Big congrats to Birmingham FC-fully deserved. Just shows that no matter where you are position wise, as long as you step up to the plate and play to your strengths, you can achieve anything. Congrats again to BFC

That is the best thing you have ever said to me XD
But ye i would highly recommend sitting there! I was in Block 134, row 32. IDEAL seats!!
Tbf though as long as your there at moments like that it makes no difference really, will remember it forever

Haha yeah, nah you boys played well just about deserved it in my honest opinion.

It was Ferguson by the way

either way, who cares, i dont think he would have meant to wollop him as hard as he did, maybe just tap him on the back of the head to say thanks, your job is dont agent laurent sort of thing :$

either way, who cares, i dont think he would have meant to wollop him as hard as he did, maybe just tap him on the back of the head to say thanks, your job is dont agent laurent sort of thing :$

I think that was the case IMO. I think he went to say thanks for the gift, but at the speed he was running to chase Martins it looked like he slapped him. It couldn't have been much anyway because the player didnt even react.

Funny how when people thought it was Bowyer who slapped Koscielny everyone was criticising him, but now we know it was Ferguson then there's nothing wrong with it?! But, like said above I think it was just a tap on the head and Koscielny put his head down in shame, I suppose.

Last edited:
swings and round abouts, Arsenal have short memories. remember that ***** Keown at Old Trafford when Ruud missed? well what Ferguson/Bowyer/Birmingham water boy did to KOS isn't anywhere near as bad so stop complaining and making a big fuss over nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.