Carling Cup Final 2011: Arsenal Vs Birmingham City

Winners?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing that RVP could be out of the second leg vs Barca - which is exactly what Arsenal don't need!

agreed. Even Barca spend when they need to, and thats been the different between them winning and Arsenal. Barca would have stuck to their footballing idea, but gone and bought that commanding centreback

And of course a commanding centreback doesn't necessarily mean that you have to sacrifice your philosophy. Pique is a great example of this.

btw I apolgise for my posts when Brum scored. Anyone who knows me will know I've go a short fuse. But understandly was rather angry...about losing are by far best chance of silverware.

Any news on RVP injury? or is he not injured?
Wenger said 'it didn't look good'. But surely it's not that bad considering he played another 20-30 minutes after first getting injured.

To me this was a shock. Honestly thought the goons would get the monkey off their back.
Well played Birmingham kept plugging away and did not put 11 men behind the ball when they went ahead.

Wenger now has to realise he needs a natural leader in that team. Someone who can gee them up. They have not had a real leader since Veira left.

It's alright playing the pretty football but sometimes you have to dig in deep and grind a win out.

i have to say i never liked lee bowyer and there was no need for that.
i wish we werent in europe tbh as the Europa League is a like a poison chalic and there isnt that much money in it either

i have to say i never liked lee bowyer and there was no need for that.
i wish we werent in europe tbh as the Europa League is a like a poison chalic and there isnt that much money in it either

I thought you get into europe if you win the FA Cup, not the League Cup? :S

20110227_19_gyi0063717532.jpg

DELIGHTED!

why your not a birmingham fan are you?

No, obviously not, I always like looking at celebrations etc, and stuff like that just reminds me of County winning the play-offs.

Jack Wilshere:
All i can say is sorry to the fans..it hurts alot i know but we must all stick together, still in 3 other comps! We have to move on!Sorry <3

Robin van Persie:
I'm very sorry that we didn't bring CC back to north london! Thanks for ur support today! Sorry again!

:wub:

Heard twitter rumors that RVP might miss Barca clash. Might be BS and most probable is. Just posting what i read..

Hope not.. He should play against Barca.

Angryman_UK Angryman
Carling will be so pleased they spent all that money sponsoring the #carlingcupfinal & then the man of the match is called Foster. #brummies

found that on twitter

Angryman_UK Angryman
Carling will be so pleased they spent all that money sponsoring the #carlingcupfinal & then the man of the match is called Foster. #brummies

found that on twitter

That is quality!

Arsenal were poor today, but in all credit to Birmingham they defended really well and kept going.

Bowyer covered so much ground today and was a real annoyance to the Arsenal defence and should of had a penalty.

Ferguson was excellent as usual.,top class professional.

Foster - Won the game for Birmingham in my eyes, he is a great kepper for you.

Well done Birmingham, at least we can say we lost to the winners.

Foster is a quality keeper and bargain for 6 million. Talented player just didn't happen with us.

This season he has been very good and good few good points..

Status
Not open for further replies.