Carling_Cup_logo_2009-10.jpg

ARSENAL FC VS BIRMINGHAM CITY
Sunday 27th February 2011
Carling Cup Final
16:00
140px-Arsenal_logo.png
Birmingham_City_FC_logo.png

AN ARSENAL FANS VIEW
A final for Arsenal at last! Lol the last time Arsenal were in a CC Final was 2007 vs Chelsea the young guns took the lead through a then young Theo Walcott getting his first goal for the club unfourtnatly the game ended in defeat for Arsenal as two Drogba goals gave Chelsea a 2-1 Win. Recent PL form gives Arsenal the edge over the Birmimgham oponets but that means nothing in a cup match and its who performs better on the day. Hope its the gunners celebrating a full time and a first trophy since 2005. Mon the gunners !

BIRMINGHAM CITY FANS VIEW
Its a day to remember on Sunday for the blue side of Birmingham, I being one of the fortunate ones to be going, cannot wait for it to be here! Our last major final being in Cardiff in 2001 against Liverpool losing out on penalties.Although the mentality of Blues fans throughout the years hasn't been about winning things, it can't be with one major trophy in our history that being in 1963!
Sunday for us is about Pride, our team are at Wembley, our heads can be held high as we "Keep Right On! We will turn up in our thousands, and not just in the stadium allocation of 31,453. Many fans were turned away before general sale of our allocation which is a great showing for us considering our average league attendance of recent seasons.

Fortunately for us our team is full of fighters, believers and have mixed well under Big Eck's guidance over the past 2 seasons, the likes of Stephen Carr, Roger Johnson, Liam Ridgewell, Barry Ferguson and Lee Bowyer have been inspirational in leading the team! If they are on top of their game maybe we can cause a few surprises come Sunday.
Playing a team such as Arsenal in a game like this makes things difficult from a prediction perspective, as they are clearly the better side on paper in terms of ability, however team spirit and hearts on sleeves i would say we are the better side. On the day will be a big factor. I am never one for betting against my team, so i will say it will be a hard fought game, we will win it late on by 1 goal.

The 27th of February for Birmingham City fans will never be forgotten that is for sure, whether it is for the day out in a final and showing our spirit as players and fans, or whether it is a moment of history collecting our second major honour is yet to be seen, all i know from my personal perspective it will be a fantastic day and nothing will ruin it for me, unless the referee does ;)

Keep Right On! C.O.Y.B! S.O.T.V! T.C.I.Y.J.F.O.D! :)

PREDICTED ARSENAL TEAM

Sszczesny
Sagna Koscileny Djourou Clichy
Wilshere Song
Nasri Rosicky Arshavin
Van Persie?

PREDICTED BIRMINGHAM CITY TEAM

Foster
Carr Johnson Jiranik Ridgewell
Larsson Gardner Ferguson Bowyer
Zigic Martins

4 KEY ARSENAL PLAYERS
  • Wilshere
  • Nasri
  • Szenszy
  • RVP
4 KEY BIRMINGHAM PLAYERS
  • Barry Ferguson
  • Cameron Jerome
  • Sebastian Larsson
  • Roger Johnson
Many thanks to Mfage1 who helped me with the Birmingham bits:)

Predictions for 2011's first Cup Final?

The Arsenal Fan's View

I Say Arsenal 2 Birmingham 1
Arsenal to score first, Birmingham to equalise and we again take the lead and go onto win the game

The Birmingham Fan's View (Mfage1)

Arsenal 1 Birmingham 2
Arsenal to score first, Blues to come back traditionally as of this season, Jerome winner, "brave call"

Last edited:
thats how you do a match thread

I prefer the other match thread :p. Arsenal to win 3-1.

As you so rightly put i contributed to the thread, so why is our badge smaller dude :p

Mfage i coudnt get two badges the same size :(

Maybe you can find some?

The other match thread was better.

3-1 to the ****

No prediction from yourself Calum? Wonder why ;)

I reckon Brum to ****** a 2-1 win. Zigic to score the winner.

Birmingham badge is smaller XD

Arsenal to win it on penalties
I expect many goals (6)

can't wait for sunday i went for an extra time win because todays match has made me nervous

theo walcott will miss the game with an ankle sprain

Last edited:
Haha smaller badge, Had a feeling we would be seeing one of these put on rather quickly XD Nice Op guys. Come on you blues.

@Mfage - C.O.Y.B! S.O.T.V! T.C.I.Y.J.F.O.D! - What do these mean :p obviously know the first one C.O.Y.B!

I say 2-1 To Birminghammm :D Big Ecks blue and white army :wub:

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

No prediction from yourself Calum? Wonder why ;)

I reckon Brum to ****** a 2-1 win. Zigic to score the winner.

I was thinking Zigic winner aswell :O was going to put it and thought nah just prediction :p quite creepy though haha.

Thank god Calum did this compared to the other one.

anyhoo back on OT. Goin for a 2-1 Arsenal win. Birmingham will pretty much make it as awkward for Arsenal, but the Gunners quality will come through. Think it'll be a good game too

3-1 Arsenal unless Wenger ***** up his team selection

Haha smaller badge, Had a feeling we would be seeing one of these put on rather quickly XD Nice Op guys. Come on you blues.

@Mfage - C.O.Y.B! S.O.T.V! T.C.I.Y.J.F.O.D! - What do these mean :p obviously know the first one C.O.Y.B!

Love the support :wub:

**** on the Villa

The City is Yours Just For One Day ;)

Arsenal to win 4-2 in E.T after concieding last minute to take it to extra time.

Brum to hold them off for penalties and win on penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.