Winners?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the support :wub:

**** on the Villa

The City is Yours Just For One Day ;)

Pfft, the latter would imply you actually had some of the city to give away in the first place. (6)

Heart says 2-1 Birmingham after coming back from 1-0 down, head says 2-0 to Arsenal.

Pfft, the latter would imply you actually had some of the city to give away in the first place. (6)

Heart says 2-1 Birmingham after coming back from 1-0 down, head says 2-0 to Arsenal.

So in your heart you want the Brum to win :O, deep down you have some blue in that heart eh :p lol

So in your heart you want the Brum to win :O, deep down you have some blue in that heart eh :p lol

Nah, I just feel sorry for them. That and my friend is an avid Arsenal supporter. ;)

Just hope no-one gets injured then.. Clearly Carling cup is you top priortiy. Well only think you can really win.

PL is priority. We're in four competitions, consistency is the key: We could easily win 2 if you slip up either at OT or in the league with Chelsea looking good again and Arsenal winning almost every home game unlike at the start of the season.

You say Wenger is putting pressure on his players by saying they can do quadruple, but we're taking each game as it comes. Every game is important and the CC could be massive if we win it.. huge momentum for the rest of the season.

PL is priority. We're in four competitions, consistency is the key: We could easily win 2 if you slip up either at OT or in the league with Chelsea looking good again and Arsenal winning almost every home game unlike at the start of the season.

You say Wenger is putting pressure on his players by saying they can do quadruple, but we're taking each game as it comes. Every game is important and the CC could be massive if we win it.. huge momentum for the rest of the season.

Chelsea looking good? talk about a media hyped response to one good result.. LOL. and you can just as easily end up with nothing.

25-1 for united to do the treble, i put a tenner on it this morning.

You going to put your money where you mouth is.

Chelsea looking good? talk about a media hyped response to one good result.. LOL. and you can just as easily end up with nothing.

25-1 for united to do the treble, i put a tenner on it this morning.

You going to put your money where you mouth is.

I'm a poor student, so no. And I'm not a betting man...

Not really. Looked better vs Everton but were a little unlucky with not being able to finish chances/Baines being awesome at FKs, outsmarted by Dalglish, but 4 wins and 1 draw in 5 games before that. Slowly coming out of crisis.

Of course we could end up with nothing. I'm not saying we WILL, but Utd aren't exactly in scintillating form and as I said: Take each game as it comes, Brum on sunday is huge - both in terms of ending drought, and momentum.

Last edited:
As a Manchester United fan, I wan't Birmingham to win, so Arsenal continue their long wait for a trophy :)

Bendtner - We'll take Final very seriously

Nicklas Bendtner insists Arsenal will be deadly serious when they look to end their six-year wait for a trophy this weekend.

Arsène Wenger's side are firm favourites going into Sunday's Carling Cup Final against Birmingham but the Gunners are no strangers to Wembley shocks - they lost League Cup showpieces they were expected to win in 1969 and 1988.

Bendtner knows there is no room for complacency and he is ready to make a major contribution of his own.

"I’d love to say that I have trophies to show for my time at Arsenal," he told the Official Arsenal Programme. "That’s why I’m here, to win things and play with the best players.

"Everyone wants to be a part of that so it’d be nice if we can start off with some silverware on Sunday, it’s a very big game and we need to take it seriously to make sure of it.

"There have been ups and downs for me this season but I think things have turned - I’ve finally overcome my injury 100 per cent and feel much sharper, more myself."

Source: http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/bendtner-we-ll-take-final-very-seriously

Jerome: Underdog tag suits us just fine.
http://www.bcfc.com/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10412~2301536,00.html

Arsenal are a fantastic team and everyone knows how much they love to play football if you stand and admire them and let them," said Jerome.

"But every time we've played them, we've matched them and given them a good game and this is a cup final, on a neutral ground and anything can happen.

"Arsenal are obviously the bookies' favourites but we are calm and confident at what we've got in our dressing room and confident we can cause an upset.

"We've got to go in there and get amongst them and get stuck into them like we always do.

"We have a good go at them, especially when they come up here.

"The fans get behind us and they don't like it when people get in their faces.

Last edited:
Hope Koscielny doesnt play for Arsenal.

Martins on Squilaci would be hilarious.

2-1 Brum.

Hope Koscielny doesnt play for Arsenal.

Martins on Squilaci would be hilarious.

2-1 Brum.

Doesn't look like he will. And I agree, Squillaci has been so poor this season, he would get destroyed by the Birmingham strike-force.

Doesn't look like he will. And I agree, Squillaci has been so poor this season, he would get destroyed by the Birmingham strike-force.

The sheer pace of Martins alone would run him into the ground.

WOW lads, Birmingham strike force and "destroy" is a bit strong!

Martins i agree has the quality, but Cameron, even though he has awesome pace and is probably quicker than Oba, can't hit a cows **** with a banjo!

They may be able to get passed but to make the net bulge is another story :$

Don't forget, Squillaci put Stoke to bed last night :$

Hard fought 2-0 win for the Gunners, been playing exceptionally well recently.

Arsenal Report will be covering this game by the way guys.. All the tactical analysis and graphics will be up on Monday =)

Anyways.. That's enough plugging for now. Squillaci was excellent against Stoke and Djourou is quick. Hope Koscielny plays though, I know the injury is only short term but I don't know HOW short that is. It's a back complaint so it's not impossible he'll play, then miss Orient (which he will anyway) and come back for either Sunderland or Barca.

No news on Cesc either. Walcott will definitely miss it and faces a fight to be fit for Barca away.

craig gardner to smash one in, from 25yards in 76th minute and then a very nervous 14mins+5added on nervous mins to finally lift some silverware after all these years!!!!!!! forget about arsenal not winning in 5or6 years!!!! we havent won in 48 years!!!! cmon u blue boys!!!

Cesc Fabregas is out of the Carling Cup Final.

The Arsenal captain hobbled off in the early stages of the win over Stoke on Wednesday night with a hamstring problem and, immediately, fears were raised about his involvement in Sunday’s showpiece.

Speaking exclusively to TV Online on Thursday evening, Arsène Wenger confirmed the bad news. But, thankfully, his absence is not expected to be long.

“It is a very small injury but certainly Cesc will be out for Sunday,” said the Frenchman. “For how long [beyond that] I don’t know but definitely for Sunday.

“He is disappointed. We all feel sorry and sad for him. The only way we help him now is to win the Carling Cup as he contributed a lot in this competition.”

While the manager was clear on the captain’s involvement this weekend, He would not be drawn on the chances of Fabregas being fit for Barcelona on March 8.

“It is very difficult to give a deadline,” said Wenger. “It is impossible.”

Theo Walcott will also miss the Carling Cup Final after being stretchered off in the same game. Again, the problem may be relatively short term.

“I saw him this morning,” said Wenger. “He has a classic ankle sprain. We don’t think there is any more damage to it. But it is still a sprain. We are sad for him too. He is out for Sunday and maybe one or two more weeks more.”
Source:http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/cesc-fabregas-out-of-carling-cup-final

:':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':):):):)(

******* typical when we get to a final our best players get injured

Maybe Wilshere could slot in to replace him?

Status
Not open for further replies.