Carlos Tevez is STAYING

ugh, it's becoming so easy for footballers to do this now. First Rooeny & now Tevez.. It's about time footballs realise that they're getting enough money as it is, yet the 'World Class' footballers think they deserve more.

Tevez should be ashamed, even if he didn't get a new contract. Good on Mancini & Manchester City Board not to offer him a new one like Manchester United did with the Rooney Saga.

He wants to retire early so he is trying to get as much as he can. Give the (Po) man a break! Haha.

Moved to correct section.

Regardless of the official line, his agent Kia Joorabchin (the slimiest dodgiest man in football) has clearly brokered a deal here. It wouldn't surprise me if the Sheikh has payed Carlos and Kia 10 million each as a one off payment.

This is greed at its upmost. Add Tevez to the list of players that will get booed around the country.

Its absolutely pathetic Tevez never even heard of Man City about 5yrs ago, Man City don't deserve to be where they are yeah No problem with clubs getting taking over but for Man City getting a take over like they did the owners I bet thought they were buying Utd. fucken pathetic. At least with Chelsea they were a top 6 team when they got taken over. But City! it's pathetic! FACT!

It's obvious he doesn't care about City at all, just the money it brings

Let's not turn this into yet another City hate thread.

Brilliant news this for City fans and for me aswell, as I personally like to see lots of brilliant players add sparkle to to the top flight, makes it more exciting. Also as some people have said it's good to see City challenging purely for unpredictability, and they need their top players in order to do that.

I'm sure money was involved but it's not like City don't have it. I'm sure we'd all be thrilled if this was our club, regardless of the means used to keep him there.

Some people really deserve to earn more money. No way does he deserve to earn this much money, my Mum works her *** off everyday and receives what he does in a week in 7 years. Pathetic, would like to see him live off the money my mum gets.

ugh, it's becoming so easy for footballers to do this now. First Rooeny & now Tevez.. It's about time footballs realise that they're getting enough money as it is, yet the 'World Class' footballers think they deserve more.

Tevez should be ashamed, even if he didn't get a new contract. Good on Mancini & Manchester City Board not to offer him a new one like Manchester United did with the Rooney Saga.

Spot on man, it's sick the amount of power and greed the top footballers have, not a good combination.

The fact is that footballers don't live in the real world, never have and never will.

Wayne Rooney mark II. Some footballers make me sick they really do.

LOL from a Chelsea fan but anyways.

This whole saga is just ridiculous, more and more players will try and do this now - he's shown absolutely no loyalty at all to his club, and entirely to the dosh. Apparently he buggered off for a holiday to Tenerife too when he was meant to be with his family in Argentina..

The sheer greed of players -.- . This reminds of something today in FM , Giuseppe Rossi got free, then Real Madrid, Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Arsenal, etc, and in the middle, Everton got it the way. I thought.. lool these guys have no chance.

In the end he signed with Everton, who offered him 600k a month when he only asked 300 !
May seem off topic but I think it's a good comparison, even it games it happens.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/2010/12/tevez_request_snubs_city_and_t.html

McNulty raises some decent points, as do the comments below the article.

We are all forgetting that Tevez and Joorabchin are essentially money grabbers, as demonstrated by the way they went about engineering the move away from Old Trafford, coupled with (and i use Mascherano as another example) Joorabchins clients almost clockwork desire to sign a new and improved lucrative deal every 2 years or demand a move away for whatever (probably made up) reason.

So it looks as if instead of a massive wage hike, Kia has secured Tevez a bumper one off payment, and i bet thats only to get him to stay until the end of the season

If anyone truly believes the official line that no money has changed hands then they need to stop being so naive.

Wayne Rooney mark II. Some footballers make me sick they really do.
before you are quick to judge, you'd do well to remember the actions of your captain not too long ago.

Power started shifting towards footballers ever since the Bosman ruling

before you are quick to judge, you'd do well to remember the actions of your captain not too long ago.

My dad always says that. The Bosman ruling was necessary otherwise players could be held against their will, but now it has gone way too far the other way. To be honest we might be better off scrapping that rule but it would never happen in a million years.

So it looks as if instead of a massive wage hike, Kia has secured Tevez a bumper one off payment, and i bet thats only to get him to stay until the end of the season

If anyone truly believes the official line that no money has changed hands then they need to stop being so naive.

This, or he'll get a significant percentage of the fee that takes him elsewhere in the summer.

LOL from a Chelsea fan but anyways.

This whole saga is just ridiculous, more and more players will try and do this now - he's shown absolutely no loyalty at all to his club, and entirely to the dosh. Apparently he buggered off for a holiday to Tenerife too when he was meant to be with his family in Argentina..

Amazinly i don't have any say in the wage structure at Chelsea.

I have never excused Terry of what happend. The difference is Terrys reasons why he waited to sign his contract was much more believable than both Rooney's and Tevez's. Not once did Terry say he wanted to leave or hand in a transfer request massive difference i would say.

My dad always says that. The Bosman ruling was necessary otherwise players could be held against their will, but now it has gone way too far the other way. To be honest we might be better off scrapping that rule but it would never happen in a million years.
it was done with the right intentions, but the balance has completely gone.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Amazinly i don't have any say in the wage structure at Chelsea.

I have never excused Terry of what happend. The difference is Terrys reasons why he waited to sign his contract was much more believable than both Rooney's and Tevez's. Not once did Terry say he wanted to leave or hand in a transfer request massive difference i would say.
not at all, please dont try and convince people that it was different, and you can include gerrard in that. all 4 players effectively held their clubs to ransom. There is no disputing that

it was done with the right intentions, but the balance has completely gone.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

not at all, please dont try and convince people that it was different, and you can include gerrard in that. all 4 players effectively held their clubs to ransom. There is no disputing that

Im not saying he didn't i said he didnt hand in a transfer request or say he wanted to leave. For me that is a big difference.

Im not saying he didn't i said he didnt hand in a transfer request or say he wanted to leave. For me that is a big difference.
different methods, same outcome. Terry isnt different from any of them, they all just used different ways to strongarm the clubs. All very distasteful.

Having said that, is this a case of football reaping what it sows? Money talks far too much in the game, and there seems little impetus to change that, so perhaps clubs shouldnt complain too much

I agree i don't have any respect for clubs who give into players. Imagine if their was a wage cap lets say you cant earn no more than 75 grand a year after tax no matter who you are. Imagine how much better off clubs would be??

To be fair, they said his contract is unchanged so maybe that means he will just stay until the end of the season and then leave.

He hasn't got an extension, and he probably took that reported pay-off to stay for the rest of the season and will leave in the Summer. He hasn't come out and said that he loves the club and was never going to leave either. I still expect him to leave in the Summer.