Carroll cool on Torres comparison

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
New Liverpool striker Andy Carroll does not feel pressure to replace former Reds favourite Fernando Torres.

More...

Because he knows he's not going to? :p

Carroll and Suarez > A miserable, uninterested Fernando Torres who has had a face like a slapepd **** for the past year.

I personally think Carroll and Suarez is going to be a more successful partnership than Drogba/Torres, purely because the latter are both used to being in the limelight as a lone striker. Torres will shine more when Drogba is gone.

I personally think Carroll and Suarez is going to be a more successful partnership than Drogba/Torres, purely because the latter are both used to being in the limelight as a lone striker. Torres will shine more when Drogba is gone.
agreed, the first two compliment each other and are used to playing in partnerships, whereas Torres and drogba have both excelled as the lone forward more than anything else

and you know that because.....? :p

I don't, but to be fair, Torres > Carroll anyday. Agree with Joel's post though.

Kinda contradicting myself there, but hey, who gives a ****.

Caroll is nowhere near Torres. Torres --> Caroll tbh.

well he is 5 years younger so he has time to prove you wrong right? :p he certanly has pottential but his bad temper is worrying (6)

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

I don't, but to be fair, Torres > Carroll anyday. Agree with Joel's post though.

Kinda contradicting myself there, but hey, who gives a ****.

well u are right atm...torres is proven class,but carrol is yet to show what he can do (H)

Read my post.

I did...i didin't reply to it. i just said my personal opinion. I compared them to each other. Caroll is not as quick as Torres. And he is not very explosive. he only beats Torres in the air.

Overpriced...and not very good business by Liverpool IMO. Might prove me wrong later but i just dont think so.

I did...i didin't reply to it. i just said my personal opinion. I compared them to each other. Caroll is not as quick as Torres. And he is not very explosive. he only beats Torres in the air.

Overpriced...and not very good business by Liverpool IMO. Might prove me wrong later but i just dont think so.

overpriced? yes definitley...we payed 20 million more than his real value but he is not that bad,strikers are judged by their statistic and this season carrol scored 11 and torres 9 so...he can't be that bad?

You might as well be talking about Torres there tbh as well.

And jesus christ, a City fan talking about overpriced? i've heard it all now

LOL! I know City have bought many overpriced players. i admit that...but 35m is just silly!
Torres might be overpriced but the only reason for that is his age.

If you look at the list of the most expensive players of all time. Carroll comes slighlty behind players like Zidane....it's just hilarious.

Lescott, Jo, Adebayor, Bridge, Milner, Robinho.. there are a few overpriced City players. But i didin't pay those amounts. So does it mean that i can't say that Carroll is overpriced because the club i support have done the same to many players?

I dont understand the logic behind that.

So kiss my a**!

Last edited:
LOL! I know City have bought many overpriced players. i admit that...but 35m is just silly!

If you look at the list of the most expensive players of all time. Carroll comes slighlty behind players like Zidane....it's just hilarious.

So kiss my a**!
look if you cant be bothered to offer point without the sillyness, then dont bother

So kiss my a**!

and how would you call 33milions for anelka? played one season at real madrid and left....oO)

Impossible to say yet whether he is bad business since he hast played so your argument is very flawed madridsta.

And yet Carroll is 4 years younger than Torres. So why is Torres not being based about as overpriced and Carroll is, if of course, it's based on age as you've told me here. Explain me that one please.

Your argument is so incredibly flawed it is unreal.

Suck it. It seems like all my opinions are ****. Just because i dont support a glorious BPL club like manchester united or liverpool.

Wonder how many here put they supported club as ManU just to get some respect. Or because they always win.