Loving this story and idea. Will definitely be following. You going to go in for some young Spanish talent like Muniain, Koke and Oliver? or thrust some kids into the spotlight?

Loving this story and idea. Will definitely be following. You going to go in for some young Spanish talent like Muniain, Koke and Oliver? or thrust some kids into the spotlight?

Cheers mate. Glad you like the idea.

Of the three players you mentioned, Only Muniain would satisfy my criteria for singing; being North Iberian and Basque, so he'd share the I'm not Spanish, I'm (Insert non-spanish leaning region) mentality.

Koke is a Madrid born and based player so he essentially represents the "enemy" in the eyes of the Catalans.
Oliver was born in Navalmoral de la Mata, roughly halfway between Mardrid and Lisbon but he spend his entire career in Madrid, so he's Spanish, not Catalan - I'd be more open to signing him since he'd have been "brought into the Madrid" setup but he's still not Barcelona.

The Barcelona vs Spain is like a local rivarly playing out on a national scale.

If a Madrid player came through the youth system, so be it. He may not be from here, but he's one of us: He lived with us, trained with us, eat at the same table and drank from the same fountains, ect.

Looking forward to following this one, best of luck.

Cheers mate :)

Note: Power went out so I lost my pre-season. The Neymar injury is gone so I'll update the previous posts where I overtake them in the save.

Okay, this is why noone reads mine. Absolutely brilliant mahe. First one I've subscribed to

Okay, this is why noone reads mine. Absolutely brilliant mahe. First one I've subscribed to

Haha, don;t worry mate. I'm 3-4 years into writing these things by now. Please don't go looking for my earlier stuff, it looks horrid :p Glad you're enjoying the story though mate :)

Great start to this Brendn! :)

Cheers :) The hue teams can be boring to do stories about so I gota spice it up with something fun to read :p Honestly, these kind of stories are great practice for the pressure cooker middle table team stories :p

View attachment 193480
View attachment 193479

Both came on as late 2nd half substitutes. Not much to comment on bu it's always great to see new
players break into the first team. They must now maintain this level of performance and training.
The front 3's injuries allowed these two youngsters the room to come into the squad but it's now
up to them to stay here.

I like you tactic very much my friend ! Will be following this since Barca is my team from Spain ! I was absolutely amazed when I visited Camp Nou and Barca museum !!

View attachment 191120
View attachment 191119

View attachment 1008431

View attachment 1008433
1st leg

2nd leg

View attachment 191100

Bitterly disappointed but Bilbao deserved the cup in the end. We couldn't make our home advantage count and the away goal killed us.

View attachment 191097
View attachment 191093
Suarez and Messi were back in time for the League kick off and we had a score to settle with
Bilbao. Our 3rd successive game so I knew how to counter their attacking threat this time round.

View attachment 191091
View attachment 191090
Our front 3 of Neymar, Messi and Suarez resumed their trio and almost got all three names on the score sheet. A missed Penalty from our Captain meant we ended with a 2 goal win.

Liga BBVA

View attachment 191089

September Fixtures

View attachment 191088

I just envy the pictures you put before each game report! ha ha !