Was a bit shocked with the Javi Martinez deal though, surely there were better localish options or people to bring up through the youth

There was and I brought them through. We have Gerard Guambau (CM: 31 first team appearances), Sergi Palencia (RB: 3 apps'), Wilfrid Kaptoum (CM: 3 apps') promoted to the first team. B team has Jean-Marie Dongou (ST: 3 apps') and the U19's have Inaki Pena (GK: 4 apps') and Carles Perez (RW: 3 apps')

I've promoted 3 players to the first team; sold two foreign players and invested in a Spanish player. I bought One player, just one. That sounds like internal promotion to me.

What exactly did you expect if my one and only signing this transfer window (a Northern Spanish player from the Basque region) upsets you; while I've also cut down the squad to accommodate more B team players?

P.S. Nothing personal, just wanted to be through about what I've done and the reasons for doing so.
Love ya, peace :)

Last edited:
View attachment 186097
View attachment 186096
View attachment 186095

View attachment 186094
Sergi Ruiz

The 15 year old Goalkeeper that grew up less than 10km from the Camp Nou could be world class!

Inaki Pena now has very real competition from Sergi Ruiz. This pair has brought comparisons to
Victor Valdes and Pepe Reina's competitive partnership 15 years ago. Both Goalkeepers have the
potential to be World Class so the Barcelona B No.1 **** will be hotly contested.

Ramon Pi

Another player was really excited to see make the steep up was Ramon Pi. His excellent teamwork,
Technique, Determination and Natural Fitness mean's we could have a relentless technically gifted
workhorse in midfield. These sorts of players are so rare so developing him should be a priority.

View attachment 186091
*Reference. Iniesta = 3star CA. Messi = 4.5star CA

Fantastic read so far mate. Just read the lot.

View attachment 185843
View attachment 185842

We managed to get through our injury crisis and Suarez is back in training. It did however cost us
in the Champions League as we lost 2-1 in the Round of 16. Unacceptable result and I'm deeply
disappointed to go out as defending champions so early. I'll be looking to do a League and cup
double to make up for the early exist from Europe.

View attachment 185841
View attachment 185840
We have a 9 point lead with 7 league fixtures remaining. I'm going to increase the squad
rotation to include more Barcelona B players so I don't loose any Key Players to injury
before the Copa del Rey Final against Real Madrid.

Squad Performance across all competitions 2015/16 Season.

View attachment 185838

Any particular reasons you've opted to start Claudio Bravo more than Ter-Stegen?

Any particular reasons you've opted to start Claudio Bravo more than Ter-Stegen?

He performed better in pre-season and has not really had a dip in form since. I've been using ter Stegen in the Champions League and Spanish Cup and he's made 3 league appearances but overall, his performances haven't been as good as Bravo's.

They're both as good as eachotehr but I've not really wanted to develop Ter Stegan since I'm planning on selling him eventually in favor of using a local youth prospect GK.

I was lucky enough to get Sergi Ruiz to compete with Pene; both of them are expected to be as good as Ter Stegan; and Ruiz is expected to be much better (4.5star PA) so I'm opting to focus on developing him rather than Ter Stergan.

Interesting thread, I've played a "No signings, only youth intake" game on every FM at least once with Barcelona.

I'm surprised Gumbau performed that well. Never rated him too high, neither in FM nor in real life. There are rumors his contract might just be rescinded if he gets caught in the "purge" FC Barcelona's youth system is currently undergoing.