Raikan007

Reaction score
Yes the thread name does rhyme :p

I have been dabbling with a new tactic that I am going to be making for Fm12 when I get my copy later next month! I have tried to capture the attacking play of United and the defence of Barcelona mixed with an Arsenal team of early 2000's and just good plain football :)

I hope it works out well for you as it has for me recently :)

I am not going to make a huge big thread for it as FM12 is around the corner, it is just for fun and if anyone wants to give it a go feel free :)

Brand new updated version, home and away tactic pack! Touchline shouts have been updated too: Enjoy!

Formation screenshot:

Home_________________Away:
View attachment 196145View attachment 196144

Touchline Shouts: (are extremely important)

• Get ball forward
  • Pass into space
  • Work ball into box
  • Hassle opponents
  • Stay on feet

Opposition instructions:

Ask Assistant Manager, I suggest showing all their Attacking players to their weaker foots and closing down their main playmaker as well as hard tackling on their quicker strikers and wingers

Match results:
View attachment 196057View attachment 196054View attachment 196053View attachment 196052View attachment 196050View attachment 196045View attachment 196044View attachment 196043View attachment 196042View attachment 196058

New Updated Fixtures/Match results:
View attachment 196152View attachment 196149View attachment 196146View attachment 196153View attachment 196150View attachment 196147View attachment 196154View attachment 196151View attachment 196148

Fixtures/League Table:
View attachment 196055View attachment 196048View attachment 196047

Top player screenshots
:
View attachment 196041View attachment 196051View attachment 196049View attachment 196046

Updated player screenshots: Tottenham:

View attachment 196157View attachment 196155View attachment 196156

Suggested player types:

Goalkeeper:
Good old fashioned Keeper normal shot stopper etc
(Maarten Stekelenburg, De Gea, Cech)

Full Backs:
Good on defense and positioning, high work rate, good marking, plus: good at running with ball and passing
(
Schwaab, Fucile, Jonathan, Gabriel Silva)

Centreback: Left hand side:
Composed and determined, pacey and good anticipation is a must
(Ferdinand, Kjaer)

Centreback: Right hand side:
Big, strong, composed and good pace
(Evans, Cahill, Mario Fernandes/Jan Vertoghen)

Centre Mid Left:
Good stamina, work rate, teamwork, passing and positioning, good old fashioned Centre mid:
(Moutinho, Jucilei, Javi Martinez, Carrick)

Centre Mid Right:
Work horse Midfielder, stamina, tackling, marking, passing, concentration, fitness, strength and heading ability a bonus
(Palacios, Fernando, Airton, Mariga, Hargreaves, Fletcher)

Wingers/Wide Playmakers:
Good decision makers, good passers of the ball. Good off the ball movement, teamwork, stamina are also very important. These are your wide playmakers
(Thiago Neves, Giuliano, Renato Augusto)

Attacking Mid centre:

Good passing, creativity, decisions, stamina, technique, off the ball, first touch, dribbling are all important, he is the hub of the team and playmaker!
(Renato Augusto, Pastore, Dzagoev, Van der Vaart)

Striker:
Poacher, quick and good at finishing, off the ball is beneficial.
(Hernandez, Lavezzi, Welbeck, Pato)

Match prep:

Team blend until most are fluid then attacking movement/positioning
When about to play big teams set it to defensive positioning

Additional notes/tips:
  • Pitch size: Minumum/standard
  • The new tactics have been updated and need to be donwloaded, they are in WINRAR and need to be extracted
  • Put both tactics in your match prep and change per game, of course if you are playing a weak team away from home you can use the Home tactic :)
  • If you are using a weakish team, then set philosophy to counter/standard and strategy to balanced
Cheers, enjoy

Last edited:
I wouldn't go with the defence of Barcelona and Arsenal this season LOL :) I will have a little look once i finish looking at
XeNoNF50 new tactic

hahhaaha :) no not this season currently for the Gunners, and also not Barca exactly as I have mentioned before, as soon as clubs can play quickly vs Barca after committing the amount of players they do to close down their opponents, there is a lot of space to take advantage of and in the past couple of games, especially Valencia have taken advantage of that, that is why I have made it that 2 players at most will commit to the tackle and pressure :)

cheers retsinnab, I look forward to your critique :)

I wouldn't go with the defence of Barcelona and Arsenal this season LOL :) I will have a little look once i finish looking at
XeNoNF50 new tactic

Maybe it isn't worth looking at really. It seems to me that it only works with Barcelona where I have played 8 league games won 8 league games scored 17 and conceded 0. With other teams it's not too effective/great. I've seen and made better lol. CCC's galore seems great though! Gotta check this one out and pick it apart instruction by instruction :)

hahhahahaa, looking forward to it Xenon :S

I must say Barca are one easy team to manage, I have never played with them EVER in any Cm or Fm before! Just tried them recently with a few tactics and everything seems to works for them! going to actually try and play a save properly this time though with Tottenham and see how it goes :)

I got over it hey :) football is not just about possession :) I enjoy my tactics to be a bit quicker, taking players on and spreading the ball nicely! I tried to incorporate all of that into this tactic though!

My first game using this tactic. It was a CL game:

barcelonavdinamostatsma.png

barcelonavdinamostatsho.png

Impressive possession and ccc and a good amount of passes too. I love the RCM player instruction and AMC instructions and the crossing/target man settings for the advanced players. Interesting idea, I think it works well. I don't really see the point in the AML position though. Maybe it's for a left footed player? Iniesta wasn't really involved too much. AMR had great movement and all the defensive settings on this tactic were good. Wouldn't let the opposition get into the game at all. I'll carry on for a few more games now! ST is nice but my only reservation was that he only had to cross the ball 2 times across the face of goal but shot instead. Would have been 2 more ccc's and 2 more goals.

thank you for the kind and elaborate feedback so far Xenon :) I had noticed that too with the striker, I did not want to set his crossing to always, I am hoping the strikers decision making will ensure he does choose the correct option, teamwork stat also has a few things to do with him being selfish too!

The Aml position worked really well for me with Iniesta there, a more naturally left sided/footed playmaker would be better though, you are correct in that. It uses the wingers when it needs to, they are not the go to players, they help bring the play together in the final third..

you could select the playmaker to be Iniesta at the Aml position if you wanted to to get him involved a tad more :)

will have a bash with Newcastle
good luck mate :)

what I suggest is buying Alan Dzagoev and McDonald Mariga as well as Nolan Roux/Seydou Doumbia/Vagner Love/Emmanuel Emenike/Kevin Grameiro/Cristan Benitez/Vaclav Kadlec for the striker position :)

Ben Arfa and Jonas should be quite useful in the wide positions ;)

also maybe even Marvin Martin and a lot of people have gotten Benzema on loan for Newcastle, this would be absolutely ideal if you can :)

good luck and I hope it works out well for you, when playing vs the top 4 teams, play on the counter instead of attacking :) or if you want to really go for it leave it as is :)

A bit more play and some things I've noticed. Oh I did win the next game 3-0 with 5 ccc's. The defence gets a RIDICULOUS amount of interceptions. from right to left last game: 3, 8, 5, 5! Game before 6, 4, 5, 6. Strange but nice. Secondly, The MCR player instructions is the most perfectly accurate instruction I've seen for the way Michael Carrick plays in real. I'm an admirer of Michael Carrick so I notice most/every thing about his game. And in this article I wrote for my own personal blog, I wrote about the role that Michael Carrick plays: Michael Carrick – The England Player That Never Was « IconicNumber7

Basically it is about the role he now plays and I'm sure you'd agree that there are similarities with the way the MCR role plays.
I'm glad that you have shared this tactic, it may be something I may incorporate into my future tactics.

MCL role. It did improve 2nd game and had a 95% pass completion with 45 passes but I think it can do a bit more. However your ST AMC and AMR make some perfect triangles in the game. Beautiful to watch. Tempo width timewasting is just right for what you've done. I'm already quite a big admirer of the tactic but still think AML and MCL roles (more emphasis on AML for me) may need some kind of improvement. Still, 2 3-0 wins in a row with a shedload of CCC's is better than most tactics. Not really perfection but close to it! Highly recommended!

Last edited:
thanks for the suggestions will take that in mind :)

thanks mate :) really appreciate the time and effort!

I'm an admirer of Michael Carrick so I notice most/every thing about his game.

you and me both bud, you and me both :) cant stand when people say he is useless and does not deserve to play for United, yes he does make one or two mistakes, but look at Anderson vs Chelsea when he passed the ball STRAIGHT to Torres 5m outside the box! people dont remember that, only mistakes Carrick and Evans make (I do not like Evans)

I am glad to have helped you in some small way as well :) I respect and admire your tactics! The Aml could be given a bit more attacking emphasis as well as running with the ball a little more as well..

thank you again bud for taking the time to give it a go! I am about to get a cup off Joe and read your article on one of the most underrated English mids in the country :) (he should really be starting for England instead of Barry, even though Gary has had 2 good games for England and a good start with City, but last season he was horrible)

thanks mate :) really appreciate the time and effort!

you and me both bud, you and me both :) cant stand when people say he is useless and does not deserve to play for United, yes he does make one or two mistakes, but look at Anderson vs Chelsea when he passed the ball STRAIGHT to Torres 5m outside the box! people dont remember that, only mistakes Carrick and Evans make (I do not like Evans)

I am glad to have helped you in some small way as well :) I respect and admire your tactics! The Aml could be given a bit more attacking emphasis as well as running with the ball a little more as well..

thank you again bud for taking the time to give it a go! I am about to get a cup off Joe and read your article on one of the most underrated English mids in the country :) (he should really be starting for England instead of Barry, even though Gary has had 2 good games for England and a good start with City, but last season he was horrible)

Hehe cheers, totally agree with you, I think I covered most of them points somewhere in that article. If not I wrote one on the fans who make scapegoats out of certain players and shown how effective them players are. Covered both the Carrick and Evans point and maybe touched on Gibson too. It's on the homepage of my blog because it's the latest I wrote so it shouldn't be too difficult to find!

Barry < Barton < Carrick.

Carrick is just sooooooo bland, which is likely one of the biggest sticking points to him.
And where does a fit Hagreaves fit in?

this is not really an English midfield discussion thread :) but Hargreaves is a great player and would do really well in the Mcr role in this tactic! he has a similar game to Carrick! Barton was one of the best English mids last season in my opinion!

Hargreaves is very injury prone, I would stay far way from him^^)

May have to give this tactic a twirl, then adjust it... quite a bit as my team is woefully under quality :D

I am hoping it will work for the smaller teams as well Roymo! Once I have seen it more in action I will give it a go with weaker teams and edit it accordingly :)

let me know how you get on..