Celtic And Rangers, Catholic Protestant Issue

Gooner_Jay_96

Reaction score
Right Im irish Yeah. And Out Of The Two, i Prefer Rangers. If I Say This To any Of The Lads The amount of Abuse I Get Just Because Apparently Rangers are protestant and celtic are just so catholic. :S

Im a catholic but i see no problem with supporting rangers in the SPL.
i have no issue With any Other Religion Whatsoever, And People Who Do Are generally Just Up Their Own arses In My Opinion.

id Love Your views On This, particularly the irish lads.

Jay.

im irish and wouldnt dream of suporting rangers, but that probable just from the way if been brought up, irish people feel a conection with celtic as it was set up by an irish priest and tbh if i was with you i would prob give you abuse about it but only messin like, our can support who you like

Last edited:
im irish and wouldnt dream of suporting rangers, but that probable just from the way if been brought up, irish people feel a conection with celtic as it was set up by an irish priest and tbh if i was with you i would prob give you abuuse about it but only messin like, our can support who you like

Yeah Sure When You Think About It, Im sure 95% of The Clubs In England Are Set up By Protestant People.
Like My Dad Would Support Aberdeen In The SPL.
Would You Give Him Abuse About that ?

Yeah Sure When You Think About It, Im sure 95% of The Clubs In England Are Set up By Protestant People.

Why exactly did you start a thread on such a edgy topic and decide to start up, what seems to be, an argument?

It's really a religion politics thing, neither should be mixed with football in my view.

Why exactly did you start a thread on such a edgy topic and decide to start up, what seems to be, an argument?

No i Didnt Mean Offence Or Intimidation In That Post.. i'm just asking him.. i knew this would be an edgy topic but thought it would be interesting, not meaning to offend anyone at all mate!

No i Didnt Mean Offence Or Intimidation In That Post.. i'm just asking him.. i knew this would be an edgy topic but thought it would be interesting, not meaning to offend anyone at all mate!

Just out of curiosity, where about in Ireland are you from?

no i wouldnt give him abuse about that because they are not rivals, if i suported Man U and you supported City i would give you abuse
+ i think this is a good thread if anyone feels offended y it then they shouldnt read it

no i wouldnt give him abuse about that because they are not rivals, if i suported Man U and you supported City i would give you abuse
+ i think this is a good thread if anyone feels offended y it then they shouldnt read it

Good Point Mate :p.. And Thanks Yeah If Your Offended, No need To Spam <)
So Whats Your Opinion On people Disliking People Who Like Rangers For The Sole Reason They are Seen as Protestant ???
(you know none of my posts mean offence yeah)

---------- Post added at 06:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------

This thread is destined for arguments..

I Just Thought It Would Be a Good Topic, If The Moderators Dis-approve, or there is arguements it shall be closed.
but i do want to just keep it at a sharing of opinions, everyones entitled to one of those i guess:p

iTS MUCH MORE THAN PROTESTANT AND CATHOLIC. WAS AT THE LAST OLD FIRM GAME AT IBROX AND THERE WAS MEANT TO BE A MINUTE'S SILENCE BUT THE CELTIC FANS WHERE TALKING AND SOME SHOUTING "IM GLAD THE ORANGE ******* IS DEAD."
ITS MORE THAN RELIGION..YOUR TALKIN ABOUT BRITAIN AND IRELAND. A TEAM WHO SOME OF ITS FANS ARE AGAINST HAVING A POPPY EMBROIDERED ON THEIR TOP FOR ARMISTICE DAY BUT YET THEY WILL HAVE A THING FOR FAMINE DAY.
IM NOT TALKING ABOUT ALL CELTIC FANS BUT SOME OF THEM.

Sorry for the caps..

I'm Irish, I'm a Catholic but I couldn't care less about Celtic this, Rangers that. Support a team that plays good football that you enjoy.

What does my head in is clowns that find it appropriate to wear Celtic tops to Ireland international matches. If you want to support Celtic during international matches then go watch Scotland (and vice versa)

So Whats Your Opinion On people Disliking People Who Like Rangers For The Sole Reason They are Seen as Protestant ???

---------- Post added at 06:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------

I Just Thought It Would Be a Good Topic, If The Moderators Dis-approve, or there is arguements it shall be closed.
but i do want to just keep it at a sharing of opinions, everyones entitled to one of those i guess:p

I know muslim, sikh, catholic etc Rangers fans. They hate us for who we are i couldnt tell you why they hate us cos thats the team i support lol.

iTS MUCH MORE THAN PROTESTANT AND CATHOLIC. WAS AT THE LAST OLD FIRM GAME AT IBROX AND THERE WAS MEANT TO BE A MINUTE'S SILENCE BUT THE CELTIC FANS WHERE TALKING AND SOME SHOUTING "IM GLAD THE ORANGE ******* IS DEAD."
ITS MORE THAN RELIGION..YOUR TALKIN ABOUT BRITAIN AND IRELAND. A TEAM WHO SOME OF ITS FANS ARE AGAINST HAVING A POPPY EMBROIDERED ON THEIR TOP FOR ARMISTICE DAY BUT YET THEY WILL HAVE A THING FOR FAMINE DAY.

Sorry for the caps..

And In My Opinion, Those People Are A Disgrace To Football And The Integrity Of The Game. No matter What Religion, People Are People, And a Football Match is a Football match.

Pulling examples of the extremes of one side does not better your argument. I'm positive Rangers fans have shouted things far worse than that.
As for the Celtic fans against the Poppy, that's not a point against the clubs fans, that's referring to the Nationalist Community.....

I think a mod should close this thread, many people here are far too young and do not understand the politics behind the troubles to get into an argument about it.

People are people, but there are those that ruin it and take it completely too far. Some of my best mates are Rangers fans. ****, half my family are Rangers fans and we just take the **** out of each other at times :p.

Pulling examples of the extremes of one side does not better your argument. I'm positive Rangers fans have shouted things far worse than that.
As for the Celtic fans against the Poppy, that's not a point against the clubs fans, that's referring to the Nationalist Community.....

I think a mod should close this thread, many people here are far too young and do not understand the politics behind the troubles to get into an argument about it.

i Dont Mean To be Disrespectful mate, But If You Dont Like The Thread Dont post On It, Im Sure There are Some Mods who Have An Opinion On This Too.

---------- Post added at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

People are people, but there are those that ruin it and take it completely too far. Some of my best mates are Rangers fans. ****, half my family are Rangers fans and we just take the **** out of each other at times :p.

Yeah a bit of Banter Is always allowed(A)

It cleary is refering to some of the clubs fans. They set up a protest outside parkhead about it they issued flyers about it. Sky Sports had to mute the crowd last season because they booed the mintes silence on Armistice day. I dont care what team it is that is undefendable you cant justify that.

i Dont Mean To be Disrespectful mate, But If You Dont Like The Thread Dont post On It, Im Sure There are Some Mods who Have An Opinion On This Too.

If you had read my post and saw whom I supported, you could see that I could not possibly be offended. I just find that, people should not argue on something such as the Troubles if they have NO idea what the reasons were behind them. Not just the black and white scenario of Protestant vs. Catholic.

you probable know from my post im catholic and i have some freinds who are protestant so i defenatly wouldnt dislike some one for that reason
+ @gillrfc that works both ways when boruc blessed hinself the rangers fans went mad and tried to start a riot

Last edited:
If you had read my post and saw whom I supported, you could see that I could not possibly be offended. I just find that, people should not argue on something such as the Troubles if they have NO idea what the reasons were behind them. Not just the black and white scenario of Protestant vs. Catholic.

Well Im just Saying I Didnt Intentionally Create This To make Arguements, Thats Daft, Just Thought It Would Be a great Discussion, But If the Mods Dis-approve, Cant do anything about it i guess :S

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 AM ----------

you probable know from my post im catholic and i have some freinds who are protestant so i defenatly wouldnt dislike some one for that reason
+ @gillrfc that works both ways when boruc blessed hinself the rangers fans went made and tryed to start a roit

Yeah Im Catholic Aswel, And Proud To be :) Im Just Looking From It From A Football Point Of view, and I Prefer Rangers. no harm In That :D See I Have No Problem At All, It Wouldn Even Bother Me IN THE SLIGHTEST that you support celtic, i really couldnt care. its just the people who do take it to the extreme :S