Celtic And Rangers, Catholic Protestant Issue

you probable know from my post im catholic and i have some freinds who are protestant so i defenatly wouldnt dislike some one for that reason
+ @gillrfc that works both ways when boruc blessed hinself the rangers fans went made and tryed to start a roit

its not the issue that he blessed himself he done it to provoke a reaction. i sit in the copland and i see him do it every old firm game..tbh people who get wound up are well stupid but you got to remember its an old firm game. Everything is magnified. pepe reina done it for liverpool did people get annoyed then? No.

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 AM ----------

If you had read my post and saw whom I supported, you could see that I could not possibly be offended. I just find that, people should not argue on something such as the Troubles if they have NO idea what the reasons were behind them. Not just the black and white scenario of Protestant vs. Catholic.

I get what your saying but all im saying is people shouldnt try and justify for and defend the idefendable no matter what team they support or what religion they are.
Im just talking in general dont mean any1 on here specifically.

its not the issue that he blessed himself he done it to provoke a reaction. i sit in the copland and i see him do it every old firm game..tbh people who get wound up are well stupid but you got to remember its an old firm game. Everything is magnified. pepe reina done it for liverpool did people get annoyed then? No.

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 AM ----------

I get what your saying but all im saying is people shouldnt try and justify for and defend the idefendable no matter what team they support or what religion they are.
Im just talking in general dont mean any1 on here specifically.
he dos it before every game so it wasnt to provoke a reation, he did it for the same reason as alot of players do because of his beliefs

It cleary is refering to some of the clubs fans. They set up a protest outside parkhead about it they issued flyers about it. Sky Sports had to mute the crowd last season because they booed the mintes silence on Armistice day. I dont care what team it is that is undefendable you cant justify that.

Of course, I 100% agree. Booing and singing during a minutes silence is disgraceful and they should hang there heads in shame.

Though those are but a minority of fans, I wouldn't label all the fans under that scum.

Listen Lads, Once There Is No Blatent Offence Being Caused To a Certain person, Or People On This Forum, It Should Be alright.

And Mods, I Respect Your Decision To Close This, If You Wish to do So.

he dos it before every game so it wasnt to provoke a reation, he did it for the same reason as alot of players do because of his beliefs

it dm anyway it dont annoy me i dont like him at all whether he blesses himself or not.

What Annoys Me About This Thread Is The Stupid And Unnecessary Use Of Capital Letters At The Beginning Of Each Word. In Fact I've Had To Delete Several Words And Had To Re-Type Again Because I Forgot To Put The Capital Letter At The Beginning Of Each Word In Order To Emphasis My Point. Indeed To Be Sure Its So Annoying I Don't Know Why I Haven't Stopped Typing Yet. Ah Well My Mistake. An Unnecessary Mistake But A Mistake Nonetheless. My Bad.

What Annoys Me About This Thread Is The Stupid And Unnecessary Use Of Capital Letters At The Beginning Of Each Word. In Fact I've Had To Delete Several Words And Had To Re-Type Again Because I Forgot To Put The Capital Letter At The Beginning Of Each Word In Order To Emphasis My Point. Indeed To Be Sure Its So Annoying I Don't Know Why I Haven't Stopped Typing Yet. Ah Well My Mistake. An Unnecessary Mistake But A Mistake Nonetheless. My Bad.

does it really bother you??? hahaha...
well whats your opinion on the thread ? :p

does it really bother you??? hahaha...
well whats your opinion on the thread ? :p

Its Very Annoying Indeed And I Gave My Opinion On Post #11. Just Got Bamboozled By The Capital Letters And The Actual Effort It Takes To Do It. It Really Is Unnecessary.

Its Very Annoying Indeed And I Gave My Opinion On Post #11. Just Got Bamboozled By The Capital Letters And The Actual Effort It Takes To Do It. It Really Is Unnecessary.

oh alright, well then ill stop doing it, just for you ;)<)

i live in scotland, about 40 minutes from glasgow, and everywhere in scotland i covered in rangers and celtic fans, where i live its friendly batner but over glasgow way it gets more rough,

Neil Lennon, a celtic legend and now manager is a Protestant, thats why he got death threats and was hospitalized before, this was done by Rangers fans as they seen him as a Traitor.

stupid really,

i live in scotland, about 40 minutes from glasgow, and everywhere in scotland i covered in rangers and celtic fans, where i live its friendly batner but over glasgow way it gets more rough,

Neil Lennon, a celtic legend and now manager is a Protestant, thats why he got death threats and was hospitalized before, this was done by Rangers fans as they seen him as a Traitor.

stupid really,

Lennon Is Just managing Them For The Love Of The Club, Which i Think Is Great. And I bet If You offered any Of Those People Calling Him a "traitor" money to manage celtic , im sure theyd ditch their jobs for it in a heartbeat :p

Seems an all right thread to me really , i cant really comment as i dont know much history between the fighting or what not , i pay attention to the clubs and i dislike rangers fans for banter because they are rangers fans not because they believe in something different , i am not a catholic or anything else , my beliefs on religion causing most of the wars in the world is beyond the point here , the fans who sing sectarian songs or whatever at the games are just being stupid , as if faith or religion or beliefs matter when we beat rangers all that matters is " we beat rangers" or vice versa , religious beliefs and political bs just take the spotlight away from football which is the opposite of what i want lol

I dont know why Celtic and Rangers fans bring religion into a football match/rivalry though, I really dont understand it, I dont think I've seen/heard of any other teams doing it before.

stupid really,

Neil Lennon is a Catholic and played for Celtic. That's why he got death threats. Its also why people like Shane Duffy, Mark Wilson and Darron Gibson have decided to play for RoI but that's for a different argument on a different forum

Yeah Sure When You Think About It, Im sure 95% of The Clubs In England Are Set up By Protestant People.
Like My Dad Would Support Aberdeen In The SPL.
Would You Give Him Abuse About that ?

I believe Man U and Liverpool were both Catholic clubs back in the day. Tottenham is Jewish. Don't know about the other ones in England though, but I think Feyenoord make a "sssssssssssssssssssssssssssss" sound to emulate gas, as Ajax were founded by Jews. I also know Muslims who support Celtic, but in general, Celtic supporters are at least nominally Catholic due to their heritage.

But yeah, Gooner_Jay, stop capitalising every single ****** word, or "Ah'll stab ye!";)

Its ashame really thats its looked on tht you have to support a certain team because of your religion. Im half and half so i was never brought up religious but I was the only not protestand and only Celtic fan in my class all through primary (While rangers were winning 9 in a row) so I got alot of hassle but in my experience its more from the Rangers side. The protestand side of my family are alot more bigoted than the catholic side and they would call me a traitor and that jokingly and my rangers fans mates are allways saying bigoted stuff where as my celtic fan mates dont bother as much. But I think between mates you have to be able to have a bit of banter and a joke about it but its when you get hassled in the street there becomes trouble.

Its ashame really thats its looked on tht you have to support a certain team because of your religion. Im half and half so i was never brought up religious but I was the only not protestand and only Celtic fan in my class all through primary (While rangers were winning 9 in a row) so I got alot of hassle but in my experience its more from the Rangers side. The protestand side of my family are alot more bigoted than the catholic side and they would call me a traitor and that jokingly and my rangers fans mates are allways saying bigoted stuff where as my celtic fan mates dont bother as much. But I think between mates you have to be able to have a bit of banter and a joke about it but its when you get hassled in the street there becomes trouble.

Click play -> http://www.nrk.no/kultur_og_underholdning/1.7055163

It's from a Norwegian program about Celtic and Rangers. Couldn't find the full thing as it's been taken down temporarily, but Rangers didn't come out well.

Last edited:
they had an irish famine badge on there top because celtic was started up by a IRISH priest not a BRITISH priest