Celtic FC - Not even Messi can Messi with us

Reaction score
View attachment 294688

26th December 2012

"In bizarre fashion Celtic manager Neil Lennon has found his contract with the club terminated with immediate effect. In the weekends game against there fierce rivals, RANGERS, Lennon was jeered by a section of Rangers fans behind his dugout, he then proceeded to jump in to the crowd and physically beat on a poor Rangers fan, after he talked about Lennon's mother. So the club have hired first team coach JUNIOR CONWAY at least until the end of the season. This is an unbelievable hire as Conway has not ever been in a management role, but Sir Ian Bankier stated, that they wanted to keep the position within the club, and with Conway being a lifelong fan, would hope that the desire of Conway's passion for the club, would generate a great feeling within the changing room and bring in as much silverware as possible this season. Unfortunetly Conway was unable for comment as he was crying like a little girl at being employed in this major position at his boyhood club."

So this is my first story and i hope that i can keep you all interested... My main aim is to have won the Champions League in at most my first 5 seasons.. Is this possible, i don't know. But throughout my adventure i will keep posting regularly and hopefully entice more of you to have a go at this challenge. As for now im still in pre-season, but once pre-season is over i will post back with my months analysis. So here we go.........

HAIL, HAIL

Last edited:
I think you could have made Lennon go another way...haha but I'll be watching to see how you get on mate, as I am a Celtic fan myself

I think you could have made Lennon go another way...haha but I'll be watching to see how you get on mate, as I am a Celtic fan myself

He was a naughty boy, aye. lol. right only near the end of pre-season as had my daughter making me play with her new toys and colouring in, so ill have my pre-season analysis up later this afternoon. And also once ive figured out how tp put up pics

He was a naughty boy, aye. lol. right only near the end of pre-season as had my daughter making me play with her new toys and colouring in, so ill have my pre-season analysis up later this afternoon. And also once ive figured out how tp put up pics

Haha lol, I on an iPad when I do my stories so if I ever put a pic up there is just a wee picture frame icon with a tree in it, I click that and it says add a pic, I don't know if its different on a pc, sorry mate!

PRE-SEASON

Transfers

View attachment 294728
Unfortunetly, and sadly one of the first moves i made after doing my tactics was to put Scott Brown up for sale. I was dissapointed in myself for this as he is a legend, and the heart of our club in real life, but he was 4th best CM and i really needed to bring in more transfer fees and bump up the wage budget. This period also saw Anthony Stokes on the move, which im happy with as i got a tidy sum for a player that wouldn't get a shout in, in my squad. Paddy McCourt (who looks like a proper alchy in his profile pic) and Kris Commons were the other bigger names to be shifted.
This did help fund for improvements in the squad, which im trying to focus more on Europe with. As you can see Yaya Sanogo (My main man last year) and Manuel Pamic (expensive back up for Izzaguirre) commanded the bigger fees, which i've done in installments to ease the bite out of my current budget. What isn't shown here is the arrivals of Adryan and Urby Emmanuelson, due in a few days. Hoping to add a couple more to add depth for Europe.

Friendlies

Celtic 4 - 1 Celtic Reserves
(Wanyama, Mulgrew, Forrest, Samaras)

Celtic 7 - 0
Glasgow University
(D.Wilson 2, Sanogo 3, Hooper, Ledley)

Celtic 0 - 3 Werder Bremen

Celtic 8 - 0
Milton
(Sanogo 4, Nouioui 2, Ledley, Commons)

Wrexham 0 - 4 Celtic
(Wanyama 2, Hooper, Samaras)

Altrincham 0 - 5 Celtic
(Commons 3, Watt 2)

So as you can see the only test was Werder Bremen and we failed, very misrably, in my opinion. But we haven't failed to find the net in the **** easy games lmao. Stand out performers of pre-season have to be Yaya Sanogo, James Forrest and Victor Wanyama

Tactics

View attachment 294743
I've gone for the tactic that i have used over the last 2 years with Celtic, my beloved 4-4-2 wingers stylie. With Forrest Running down the touchline whipping in drilled crosses and Big Sammy cutting in from the left. Full backs run down the touchline overlapping with the wingers to cross from byline when free to do so. With Kayal and Wanyama we should have a strong and creative centre of the park. And as seen already Big Vic isn't scared to chip in with the goal tally. I do have back up tactics, but haven't used them yet, and hope i don't need to. If this situation arises later on, i will update with the tactic.

So August 1st is nearly upon us bringing Champion's League qualifier against Debrecen of Hungary and a 1st league game at home to Aberdeen. Initial thoughts of the season, i am very confident of taking it by storm, but as this is my 1st save of the 2013, im sure i will encounter a problem here and there. But as i said in my intro, it's all about Europe for me and the Bhoys. Next update will be after August is done!

HAIL, HAIL

Last edited:
Haha lol, I on an iPad when I do my stories so if I ever put a pic up there is just a wee picture frame icon with a tree in it, I click that and it says add a pic, I don't know if its different on a pc, sorry mate!

It's cool mate, i spent more time researching how to pimp up the story than actually play so i can tell a story lmao. Have you done a Celtic Save yet? I thought i recognized your name... You had the Queens Park story last game didn't ye?

It's cool mate, i spent more time researching how to pimp up the story than actually play so i can tell a story lmao. Have you done a Celtic Save yet? I thought i recognized your name... You had the Queens Park story last game didn't ye?

Yeah, I tried the Celtic save, it got a bit boring having no competition, I also had the Queens Park game too, crash dump made me lose that game, I was ragin lol, I might start it again after my current save with Everton and Scotland, I'm doing that story on this so I'm following yours and writing My own haha!

Yeah, I tried the Celtic save, it got a bit boring having no competition, I also had the Queens Park game too, crash dump made me lose that game, I was ragin lol, I might start it again after my current save with Everton and Scotland, I'm doing that story on this so I'm following yours and writing My own haha!

Yea dumps are a *******... Well ill have a follow on yours mate, I was thinking of an Everton save at some point. But i won't until i've at least got the champions league with the bhoys.

Yea dumps are a *******... Well ill have a follow on yours mate, I was thinking of an Everton save at some point. But i won't until i've at least got the champions league with the bhoys.

Thanks mate, you should try one offline, it's really fun, you don't find out how strong a team they are until you look at their squad and play with them, I'm sure you'll get the champions league with the boys, you've got a strong team there, good luck anyway mate :)

AUGUST

So the transfer market is now closed and after a bit of wheeling and dealing, (i think
) i'mhappy with the players i have added to the squad. Urby Emanuelson deal initially fell thru as i didn't have enough cash in the transfer budget, so tried again with a loan, and then Arsenal came and stole him off me! I did however bring back an oldie in Shaun Maloney as back up for each wing, and to also fill a spot of 'homegrown' and 'trained by the club' for Europe. Adryan is the most exciting signing for me, as i haven't signed him before, but have read rave reviews. At the moment i'm thinking of training him as a CM as i don't play with AMC, and am in need of a bit of cover there. Unfortunetly, deadline day didn't bring in any major names, but happy overall with additions

View attachment 294806

So onto the games played thru August, and with an initial shock in first Premier League game against Aberdeen (bastards kept scoring) the rest of my games have pretty much been won comfortably. Got thru to the Champion's League group stages, and have been drawn one **** of a group. But i am actually quite pleased with it, as this is what europe is all about. Group is as follows: A.C Milan, Man City and Anderlecht. Quietly confident of at least a draw away at both Milan and City (i say this atm). I have also had the best draw imaginable so early in the season for the League Cup, at home to RANGERS!!!! Bring it on!!

STARTING SQUAD

View attachment 294827

This is my preferred squad of 18, but every player you see in my squad will get good chances throughout the season, as i think the key to Europe, is making sure you have your strongest fittest squad possible on European match days.

RESULTS

Celtic 7 - 1 Debrecen (CL)
(Sanogo 2, Samaras 2, Ledley, Wanyama, O.G)

Celtic 6 - 4
Aberdeen
(Sanogo 3, Hooper 2, Izaguirre)

Debrecen 0 - 1 Celtic (CL)
(Samaras)

Ross County 0 - 2 Celtic
(Maloney, Nouioui)

Molde 1 - 3 Celtic (CL)
(Sanogo 2, Hooper)

Celtic 4 - 1
Molde (CL)
(Hooper, Watt, Sanogo, Forrest)

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

Without a doubt it has to be my man Yaya Sanogo, as always for me he has been a beast. 8 goals in 4 games, one assist (not great) and 2 M.O.M. I'd like to say Big Vic Wanyama was a close second, but Yaya stormed it. Young James Forrest is also looking good. But first 'PLAYER OF THE MONTH' goes to Mr. Sanogo

View attachment 294807
So September brings the first (hopefully of many) Old Firm derby, and the Champions League proper. Let's hope next update i have alot to shout about.

HAIL, HAIL

Last edited:

SEPTEMBER

View attachment 294858

RESULTS

Celtic 2 - 2 Hibernian
(Samaras, Sanogo)

St. Johnstone 2 - 3 Celtic
(Watt, Beerens 2)

Celtic 4 - 0
Anderlecht (CL)
(Forrest 2, Hooper, Ledley)

Celtic 2 - 0
Dundee
(Wanyama, Lustig)

Celtic 3 - 2
Rangers (League Cup)
(D.Wilson, Sanogo, Hooper)

Motherwell
0 - 2 Celtic
(Nouioui, Ledley)

Well so were into the 2nd month of the journey, and my initial confidence has taken a bit of a whack, as it seems that all though we haven't lost yet, our defence is enjoying letting our attackers do the hard work. Had to come from 2-0 down to draw with Hibs. Went 1 down to St. Johnstone, and the game that i so badly wanted to win, put the ***** up me as Rangers went 1 up, then when we equalised went up 2-1. When Sanogo and Hooper secured the win in the last 6 minutes. The 4-0 win over Anderlecht wasn't as dominant as it may have seemed as was 1-0 up until they had 2 guys sent off!! Still on the plus, we went through another month unbeaten........ just. The squad is getting rotated nicely, but been a few times, i've fielded a squad and not had 100% faith in it. Next game up is away to Man City in the Champion's League, so this will be the real test. Thankfully i have a fully fit squad of players to choose from, and i'm not going to be overly optimistic, and will still be more than happy with a draw. This month did see me gain my first 'Manager of the month' award (hopefully more to come).

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

Mikael Lustig

View attachment 294860

To be fair, he initially wouldn't get as many starts if Adam Matthews wasn't injured, but Lustig has taken his chance and proven that he is a worthy contender for the RB position averaging a rating of 8.06 over the last 5 games scoring once, assisting once and gaining 2 M.O.M awards. Matthews is going to have to challenge for his position back now as Lustig in no way deserves to be dropped.

So that was September, and although it hadn't gone exactly the way i wanted, after reading back maybe i was being a bit too optomistic.
October brings my biggest 2 matches to date, so this will definetly be a test of character for the Bhoys. 2 draws there and i will be a happy chappy. So till next month.....................

HAIL, HAIL

Last edited:
Good luck and a good start, I have a Celtic save going right now as well going into the 2016/17 season and Victor Wanyama is a beast. I have him playing CB though. Also James Forrest is pretty good as a AP A as an AML or AMR.

Good luck and a good start, I have a Celtic save going right now as well going into the 2016/17 season and Victor Wanyama is a beast. I have him playing CB though. Also James Forrest is pretty good as a AP A as an AML or AMR.

How you been getting on in Europe? I know a lot of people play Santana cb, but I'm a bit of a purist lol. As he only plays there irl when were short I like to keep him in his natural position. Forrest is immense too, shame he's in a team with Sanogo and Wanyama because he deserves more credit. I took Roy Beerens in on loan just for cover, but he's smashing it on the right wing aswell

Europe has been extremely difficult for me seeing as I haven't been out of the Champions League group stages yet, I did make it to the Europa League semis last season finally and I feel I can push for the CL this season.

OCTOBER
View attachment 294894
RESULTS

Man City 4 - 0 Celtic (CL)

Celtic 3 - 1 Hearts
(Sanogo 2, Hooper)

St. Mirren
0 - 2 Celtic
(Beerens 2)

A.C Milan
3 - 0 Celtic (CL)

Celtic 2 - 0 Kilmarnock
(Hooper, Sanogo)

Falkirk 3 - 6 Celtic
(Mulgrew, Samaras, Sanogo, Nouioui 3)

Weirdly I am actually really happy with the team over this month, I know we got drubbed in both games of Champions League, but performances in the league as a whole, have been far better. Starting to gel well, and play the controlled, fluid football i was trying to achieve. Several players have been key, and both Hooper and Sanogo are playing very well together. October also say myself gain the 'Manager of the Month' award for the 2nd month in a row. Despite the positives Falkirk from the 1st division gave us a massive scare going 3-0 up!!! whilst also having a goal disallowed, before we seemed to want to retaliate. 70 minutes in 3-1 down, I had to get the boys to overload, which ended up paying of very well, scoring 5 goals in the last 20 minutes, with a nice little hat-trick from back up striker Nouioui. I'm still trying to find out what i can get from Adryan, who has put in a solid performance the few times he has played. Maybe i can give him more games if we can gain a greater point advantage over 2nd place.
Also a good month with money as had 1m transfer fees left, and the board bumped it up to 11m. Nice surprise, but nobody i can find worth using it on.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

Roy BeerensView attachment 294896

This was a very very hard descision between Yaya Sanogo, James Forrest and Roy Beerens. I think if Yaya hadn't already got a 'POTM' he'd of got this months, But i'm giving it to Beerens for 2 goals and 6 assists in the 3 games he appeared in. If he carries this on i might just have to buy him permenently. Nice one Roy!!!

Right, so again another month gone and in domestic terms we still remain unbeaten run and are on a six game straight win streak. Champions league (realistically) has gone the way it was written, but i would of liked to have conceded less goals, lol. Let's try and get at least one home win against either A.C or Man City. It's not impossible, but this defence just need to sort there **** out and get tighter. A.C Milan are next game at home. So hopefully i have some good news come November's report.

HAIL, HAIL

Last edited:
He's a beast mate.... if i had him starting every game he'd have been in double figures already, but trying to rotate as regularly as possible, and keep a healthy team for champs league

So the start of the brought along the first defeat of the league this season against a steady Dundee Utd tea. It didn't help that i had an important Champions' League game a few days later, so many players were rested. This CL game though would turn out to be the first time Celtic had put out a world class performance, narrowly beating A.C Milan, thanks to an injury time winner from 'The Man' Yaya Sanogo! The rest of the month saw a very steady finish to keep us top of the league by several points.

RESULTS

Dundee Utd 2 - 0 Celtic

Celtic 3 - 2
A.C Milan (CL)
(Wanyama, Sanogo 2)

St. Johnstone 2 - 2 Celtic
(Sanogo, Hooper)

Aberdeen 2 - 6 Celtic
(Hooper 4, Beerens 2)

Anderlecht 0 - 1 Celtic (CL)
(Sanogo)

Celtic 3 - 1
Inverness CT
(Maloney, Mulgrew, Ambrose)

Hearts 1 - 3 Celtic
(Mulgrew 2, Watt)

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

Gary Hooper

View attachment 295511
Gary was an absolute badboy this month with 5 goals and 3 assists. Loving the fact that him and Yaya are forming one **** of a partnership, and seem to score for fun now. He's even had Roy hodgson sniffing around Celtic park, and an England call up looks very likely to be on the way. Lets hope this carries on, because i'm looking to bring in another striker, worthy of battling for a 1st team place.

So another month gone, inflicting the 1st league defeat, and an abysmal draw against St. Johnstone, only to have a historic victory in the Champions League overshadow the pain of losing points in the league. With one more Champions League game left at home V. Man City, we sit 2nd in the table and need only a draw or even better another glorious victory to see the Hoops through to the Knockout stages. If not it will be 2nd string European competition 'Europa League' and nobody really wants that.... do they!!

HAIL, HAIL