Celtic will run away with it

I agree with you Martin the standard is shocking especially when you think that 10 years ago Rangers could buy the superstars of Europe with Advocat and co but now, because of the finances, Scottish football is pish so when a player like Joe Ledely comes along who is half-decent he is better than everyone in the SPL, but we don't think he's Jesus. Larsson, the De Buer's, Laudrup they were the prophets.
Joe Ledley is nothing special, and definatly not better than everyone in the spl.

Anyone here who honestly thinks Celtic will run away with it is clearly not right in the head. Scott Brown is shocking never mind our holes in the defence. I still think Celtic somehow will win this league oh and also anyone who thinks Lennon will leave Celtic and that'll be that talk's *****, The Green Brigade have already said if Lennon gets sacked they WILL boycott "our" board. They are even worse than the pish we play in defence.

Last edited:
Look there's something everyone has failed to realize here , both Celtic and Rangers are poor , it's embarrassing , when yous see the likes of Celtic and Rangers losing to the likes of Unirea and Hapoel Tel Aviv. What has Scottish football become??? Scotland was one of the first countries to play the game we call football along side England and now we are one of the worst. I wouldn't be proud if I was a Rangers or Celtic fan because at the end of the day it'll be the team that is not as weak that will win the SPL not the teams that are truly great , and I just think its a disgrace.

I love a good scottish arguement! ;)

I think Rangers are running away with it, and will do for the following years.

Celtic have lost their best managers down the line, and are at the stage of losing their best players i.e McGeady.

Rangers have lost toooooooooooooooooooooo many first team players ( BOYD, THOMPSON, WILSON, NOVO and possibly BOUGHERRA) therefore Celtic will win the title by about 8/9 points

i aint been funny but how can people say we`ve lost so many 1st team players fair enough boyd was 1 outwith european and old firm games novo was a sub apart from when he was there with big dado thomson was there for 3 years twice he didnt last the season wilson only really got going in the last 6/12 moths and big bougy aint away yet if he is to go so take what you may from that we`l still win the league

I'm finding it hard to beleive both sets of fans on here (only some, not all) honestly think there side will run away with it, get real.

I'm finding it hard to beleive both sets of fans on here (only some, not all) honestly think there side will run away with it, get real.

Exactly, bang on. This will be the closest title race for a few years now, and may well include a third team seriously in the mix.

Rangers have much better chemistry and understanding with each other than Celtic, but I think Celtic will just edge it.
And as for the third team, I don't think any other team is strong enough to compete with the old firm but the rest are certainly catching up on the old firm

Im a season ticket holder and I honestly think we will struggle this year. the team looks no better than last year and the players Lennon has bought are average at best.

Nice post. All very good points. There are a few sites that I’ve registered at in order to comment, but they are few and far between.

Weve brought in nearly a whole new squad who need time to gel. Rangers have players who know each others game and work well. And we are still lacking talent in vital areas. Infact all through the middle we are incredibly weak and we need a new captain who can lead by example and good play rather than by bad tackling.

who acutal made this thread who ever it was deserves to get send to a hospital quick !!!
Celtic run away with it ? run away with what Lennon's virginity ?
pre-season tells u what this season going 2 bring and what i have saw of rangers i have been impressed with the likes of : Broadfoot , Webster , Whittaker and Naisy....
2 win's over two EPL teams ie : Newcastle and Blackburn and uses got beat 2-1 of Blackburn and comon i am glad uses have spent money on players because if we had that money we would have spent on decent players not DARYL MURPHY and CHARLIE MULGREW !!!!!
53!

who acutal made this thread who ever it was deserves to get send to a hospital quick !!!
Celtic run away with it ? run away with what Lennon's virginity ?
pre-season tells u what this season going 2 bring and what i have saw of rangers i have been impressed with the likes of : Broadfoot , Webster , Whittaker and Naisy....
2 win's over two EPL teams ie : Newcastle and Blackburn and uses got beat 2-1 of Blackburn and comon i am glad uses have spent money on players because if we had that money we would have spent on decent players not DARYL MURPHY and CHARLIE MULGREW !!!!!
53!

I think Charlie Mulgrew is a good signing, especially for under £1 million.
Although I agree with you on Murphy, what was is like £2.4 million.
Joke.
Hooper looks decent though and we have just signed an 8th player.

Being honest, if Hughes could get his tactics right Hibs would be in for a fair shout, we have the quality of players to do it and took points from both OF clubs last season. Admittedly our defence is leaky but that seems to be a common problem *cough* Celtic *cough* however its more the fact our manager insists on playing a 4-2-2 (or 4-3-3) with Big, Strong, Clumsy + Useless Colin Nish as a targetman who is meant to win the ball and hold it up for Stokesy, Deek, De Graff, Miller etc, now its all good in theory, until you realise how useless Nish is... we need a LB aswell.

:L
No team outside the old firm will catch them this season or in season to comes but they are getting closer.

I think we will give Walter a great send off by winning the league, I'd like to think in addition to Beattie, we'd sign 2 or 3 more, and by that I mean 2 or 3 quality players :) Celtic look decent enough, but I tihnk the OF games will decide the league this year :)

Look i dont support any team in scotland and the fact is that it could barely match the championship.. and my question is why does everyone make a big deal out of it ?? God, celtic sign joe ledley and they think he's jesus but then he look where he came from CARDIF and david james turned you's down for bristol city .... and im dissin celtic even though i prefer them to rangers but i do support whoever plays the best football This season ....

The SPL may not be as good as other leagues , but i bet rangers and celtic would do better than Sunderland and a few others in the EPL , if we had been aloud into the EPL we would get better investment and get better players and do alot better thn other teams :p