Celtics Izaguirre to Man United ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AldoKemp-1

Reaction score
I have heard a rumour from my uncle that he heard about this somewhere not sure where, Apparently a £6million bid he will join end of the season. Does anyone have any insight on this or isit just a foolish rumour ?

Izaguirre has been turning heads for Celtic with his performances so I wouldn't be at all surprised as I don't think fabio is ready to hold down a place or provide good cover for Evra..

I doubt that it's true and, even if it was, Manchester United have already got players that are already at the club, or can be bought to replace Evra.

Fabio is one, but also Rafael can play occassionally down the left flank as a fullback.

Fabio is more than a good back up for Evra. Only problem is Fabio is not getting any game time as Evra is a machine who plays all the games. Fabio was average in very few games, other than that he was very good. He has not had the luxury that Rafael had, free ride to RB spot.

i think its just rumours
fabio is good and will only get better
evra isn't old yet either

Been storys in bullshit newspapers such as the sun a few times lately, but they keep changing their story from Izzy to Kayal and back again. Its a no story imo, they seen Fergi at Ibrox decided that he is tracking Izzy and/or Kayal.

Just lazy journalism. btw. with the way the market is atm Izzy is worth way more than 6mil

i think its just rumours
fabio is good and will only get better
evra isn't old yet either
it isnt for when evra retires, it is because he is linked with Madrid at the end of the season. I have also seen Enrique and Countra (sp) linked to replace him.

i heared on Fox Sports in the Manchester utd vs Manchester City

i thought it was bs anyway he isnt enough quality

IMO I think he could be good enough. Fair enough hes only playing in the SPL but alan Hutton is an example. And with what shay said I think £6mil would be a good price to get him at especially if he continues the way he does.

Obviously it is back up for Evra.. but is he good enough?

I think so and I think even shay would agree that coming from me praising a Celtic player doesn't happen very often after the arguements we have XD But yes I think he is good enough to be a back up player for United, Put it this way he's better the John O'Shea :)

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoSWhfXO66k

Theres a clip of some of the things he does.. Personally think he fits united's team well because it's always attacking fullbacks United have and like to have 'Evra,Gary Neville Etc..' he's the same type of player likes to get forward down the wing

I think so and I think even shay would agree that coming from me praising a Celtic player doesn't happen very often after the arguements we have XD But yes I think he is good enough to be a back up player for United, Put it this way he's better the John O'Shea :)

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

Theres a clip of some of the things he does.. Personally think he fits united's team well because it's always attacking fullbacks United have and like to have 'Evra,Gary Neville Etc..' he's the same type of player likes to get forward down the wing

O'shea is God who scored winner at Anfield and the brilliant chip againt Arsenal and nutmegged Figo (H)

O'shea is God who scored winner at Anfield and the brilliant chip againt Arsenal and nutmegged Figo (H)

To me hes a great player for United because he's always waited and is very very versatile, If SAF says jump he will say how high. But he's not the best football wise.. I would say Izaguirre is much better :p

O'Shea is quality as well ;)

People should just decide he isnt good enough because he plays in the SPL, heis in the same mold as all the best lb in terms of going forward a lot and still getting back to defend. During the last OF whenwe went down to 10 men he had to cover the entire left wing, he did this and still got forward a lot. He has been oneof the most conistantly good player in the SPL this year. Before judging him most of yous should give the game on Sunday a watch.

Personally I dont think Lenny will sell many of our best players. As we are really coming along as a team. With the way the market is atm 6mil would be a terrible price for him even though it is x12 what we paid for him. There arent many good lb in the game atm.

ll get a few links up to ensure the thread stays open!

Cheers mate, Do agree I think people should give him a watch. There is 4 Old Firm games coming up which are always interesting to watch and thats the perfect opportunity to see him playing in one of the biggest derbys in the world. And when I say £6mil being good I mean for united. I think he would fit in there perfectly.

AldoKemp, why would you want to buy a back up for Evra when we have Fabio who is so promising..

AldoKemp, why would you want to buy a back up for Evra when we have Fabio who is so promising..

Because fabio is still a youngster, Who isn't proven.. For example just say and I doubt this would happen but say Evra goes to madrid or even gets a horrible injured (touch wood) and is out for a season do you honestly think Fabio could play 38 games in the league alone and handle it ? I personally don't think he would. Izaguirre has already played in numerous games and is internationally capped. Alot more proven than Fabio is. Yes Fabio has done a good job when he has played but if something bad happened he would have to play say at least 28 games in the league alone a season plus Champions league etc.. he isn't experienced enough yet.

Also the same reason We bought Hernandez when Macheda looked so promising..

Status
Not open for further replies.