Cesc Fabregas in Barcelona Shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Villa signed for Barcelona for £34M. Just to burst your bubble (H)

Ah, i thought it was 34 million EUROS, my bad. Point still stands that Fabregas is worth significantly more than £30m. Also, Valencia have serious financial issues, or at least they did, so had to sell cheaper than they would've wanted.

Ah, i thought it was 34 million EUROS, my bad. Point still stands that Fabregas is worth significantly more than £30m. Also, Valencia have serious financial issues, or at least they did, so had to sell cheaper than they would've wanted.

valencia could have held out im sure man city would have paid upto 50million for him. but villa wanted to join barca so they accepted the first offer.

valencia could have held out im sure man city would have paid upto 50million for him. but villa wanted to join barca so they accepted the first offer.

THEY HAVE NO MONEY! Man City bought Silva instead..
It's a different situation when your club is going bankrupt, Arsenal, as i have already mentioned at least once, somewhere on here, are under no financial pressure to sell, so we can hold out until we receive an offer which matches our valuation of our captain.

joss is absolutely correct. The finances (Or financial difficulties of a club) are important in deciding whether to sell and player and for how much. Arsenal just happen to be financially stable, why on earth sell Fabregas for less than WE want for him when we are not desperate for the money? That would just be poor business sense.

At least as good as Villa

What? Your having a laugh, surely?

Villa the best Striker in the world, or Fabregas, who can't get into the Starting 11....

Villa> Fabregas

What? Your having a laugh, surely?

Villa the best Striker in the world, or Fabregas, who can't get into the Starting 11....

Villa> Fabregas

Whether he is better or not isn't the only thing that affects the price-tag though.

Fabregas should be sold for more than Villa was because:

-Valencia have financial difficulties, Arsenal don't.
-Fabregas is much younger than David Villa.
-Fabregas still has 5 years left on his Arsenal contract.

Fabregas may not be better than Villa at the moment (though it is hard to even say that considering they play different positions. You say that because Fabregas doesn't get in the starting line up for Spain that Villa is automatically better, however, the reason he doesn't get in is because of the Iniesta-Xavi duo. Not because of Villa. It should also be noted that - in ability (in my opinion of course) - Iniesta or Xavi > Villa.) but when he has fully developed as a player I don't think it is so unbelievable to say that Fabregas will be better.

Whether he is better or not isn't the only thing that affects the price-tag though.

Fabregas should be sold for more than Villa was because:

-Valencia have financial difficulties, Arsenal don't.
-Fabregas is much younger than David Villa.
-Fabregas still has 5 years left on his Arsenal contract.

Fabregas may not be better than Villa at the moment (though it is hard to even say that considering they play different positions. You say that because Fabregas doesn't get in the starting line up for Spain that Villa is automatically better, however, the reason he doesn't get in is because of the Iniesta-Xavi duo. Not because of Villa. It should also be noted that - in ability (in my opinion of course) - Iniesta or Xavi > Villa.) but when he has fully developed as a player I don't think it is so unbelievable to say that Fabregas will be better.

This. I may have exaggerated a bit, especially as far as CJ is concerned, but i completely agree with Redrup here.

Puyol: Show Cesc Some Respect Arsenal!!!!

PUYOL has told Arsenal to show Cesc Fabregas some respect and allow him to join Barcelona.

Fabregas, 23, has been the subject of intense interest from the Spanish champions, who had a £29million offer for him rejected last month.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has ruled out the possibility of allowing his captain to leave the Emirates.

But Barca defender Puyol — who along with Fabregas was part of Spain's victorious World Cup squad — says the midfielder should be allowed to move back to the club where he started his career in order to win more silverware.

Arsenal have not won a trophy in five years and Puyol, 32, said: "I think Arsenal need to respect his class and show the same class by giving the guy who has given so much to them the move that he and his family want.

"He isn't just being deprived of moving to the best club in the world, more importantly, he is being deprived of coming home.

"He has tried everything to win trophies at Arsenal and when he sees the success so many of his Spanish team-mates are having at Barcelona, it's only natural that he should want to be a part of that
."

Speaking to a Sunday newspaper, Puyol added: "Cesc is the future of Barcelona and Arsenal can't do anything to stop that.

"I have just spent six weeks with him and there is only one club he wants to be at."

Carles Puyol: Show Cesc Fabregas some respect | The Sun |Sport|Football

Oh **** off you spanish ****. Farca player talking about class. Oh the irony..

Cesc is the future of Barcelona and Arsenal can't do anything to stop that.

What a **** he is.

in all fairness we dont know when puyol said that. for all we know he might have said it 5 days ago, but the media chose to print it then, its not unheard of

in all fairness we dont know when puyol said that. for all we know he might have said it 5 days ago, but the media chose to print it then, its not unheard of

It doesnt matter when he said, the words he used make him **** and Farca is not godly club and .uccess is not their birth right to say Fabregas will surely win titles there . We all know 2 season back they finished behind Villareal.

It doesnt matter when he said, the words he used make him **** and Farca is not godly club and .uccess is not their birth right to say Fabregas will surely win titles there . We all know 2 season back they finished behind Villareal.
they are being up front in wanting fab, they could be doing worse

Xavi has claimed Arsenal are "delaying the inevitable" by trying to block Barcelona's attempts to sign Cesc Fabregas and that the transfer target told Barcelona's Spanish stars during the World Cup he wanted to join them at club level.

GettyImages

Will Cesc Fabregas be playing alongside Xavi next season?

• Barca seek to build bridges

Fabregas has made up his mind about moving to Barcelona, according to Xavi, and although his respect for Arsenal's fans and the English club's resistance to sell could delay the switch for a year, he would effectively be "on loan" from Barcelona such is the certainty of his eventual move, Xavi said.

Fabregas was the subject of a reported £30million approach by the Catalan club prior to the World Cup but Arsenal appeared to gain the upper hand in the protracted saga when Barca coach Pep Guardiola conceded on Monday that the north London club would have the final say on the 23-year-old's future.

"We know where Cesc wants to be this coming season, but perhaps there is not enough time for Barcelona and Arsenal to agree a deal,'' Xavi told the Daily Express. "Arsenal need to understand they are only delaying the inevitable. If we don't manage to get his signature this season then Arsenal only really have him on loan for a year - because there is nothing they can do to stop him joining next summer.

"I haven't given up on him joining us this season but, if he doesn't, it won't be more than a year before he is back home. His people will have a whole season to sort out the deal between the two clubs and it will happen at the very latest next summer.''

Xavi claims Fabregas told his international team-mates he was keen on joining Barcelona while on World Cup duty.

"We were all with him for five weeks in South Africa and we know he wants to be at Barcelona, he made it very clear,'' Xavi said. "But he will under no circumstances do anything that will upset the Arsenal fans. And that's probably why we are going to have to wait for him for another year.''

Xavi: Arsenal 'delaying the inevitable' on Cesc Fabregas move - Transfers - ESPN Soccernet

"Arsenal need to understand they are only delaying the inevitable. If we don't manage to get his signature this season then Arsenal only really have him on loan for a year - because there is nothing they can do to stop him joining next summer.

603px-Stop_it.png

Pepe should've said "take that off, and get a liverpool one on! PLEASE!"

hey guys just thought id put in my opinion

- Fabregas is a world beater/World cup winner so deserves such a price tag of more than £30/29 million
- To Barca he is a product is worth to fit into the team £30/29 million but to arsenal he is a product which is key and a leader as captain and worth much more
- Barca should've left it at rosell's comment saying they would like to sign him but wouldn't put pressure on this move through the media
- Xavi, Iniesta and Puyol should not have said what they did to the papers because this had meant arsenal are more against of the idea of selling him and because its not the right way to go about business.
- Arsenal should keep him until either him hands in a formal transfer request or they get a substanial fee for the player that he is and the player he will develop into
- Barca is his boyhood club and because of their current success he was always going to want to have a slice of that pie.

thats my view which may not be exactly right and what do you guys think about it?
cheers guys

hey guys just thought id put in my opinion

- Fabregas is a world beater/World cup winner so deserves such a price tag of more than £30/29 million
- To Barca he is a product is worth to fit into the team £30/29 million but to arsenal he is a product which is key and a leader as captain and worth much more
- Barca should've left it at rosell's comment saying they would like to sign him but wouldn't put pressure on this move through the media
- Xavi, Iniesta and Puyol should not have said what they did to the papers because this had meant arsenal are more against of the idea of selling him and because its not the right way to go about business.
- Arsenal should keep him until either him hands in a formal transfer request or they get a substanial fee for the player that he is and the player he will develop into
- Barca is his boyhood club and because of their current success he was always going to want to have a slice of that pie.

thats my view which may not be exactly right and what do you guys think about it?
cheers guys

you pretty much covered everything my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.