Cesc Fabregas in Barcelona Shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
they haven't tapped him up, they havent met with him behind arsenals back now have they like chelsea did with cole???? if lampard wanted to play his last years at west ham(which wouldnt happen as he hates them and they hate him) im pretty sure chelsea would respect his wishes. lampard dosent rule our team yes he makes it better but thats all.

Hardly a comparason is it? a player in his prime, or a player at the end of his career?

its still the same situation.

It's not tho, selling a player who is 30/31 or so, back to the club he supports for a cut price fee, I can see the logic in that.

But when it's one of ,arguably, the best midfielders in the league, in his prime, I don't see why they should have to sell, he's only going to get better over the next 5-6 years, so why let him go for less than he is worth. Hes signed a 6 year contract or something in similar length.

It's not tho, selling a player who is 30/31 or so, back to the club he supports for a cut price fee, I can see the logic in that.

But when it's one of ,arguably, the best midfielders in the league, in his prime, I don't see why they should have to sell, he's only going to get better over the next 5-6 years, so why let him go for less than he is worth. Hes signed a 6 year contract or something in similar length.

the difference is they have reportly offerd 40million surely thats enough for a club like arsenal who are making money every year this would help fund for a replacement and still have 15-20 million spare. i just think it shows what arsenal have become trying to keep a un-happy player at the club when their is good money on the table.

It was just a bit of friendly banter,dont know why everyone is making such a big deal about it

the difference is they have reportly offerd 40million surely thats enough for a club like arsenal who are making money every year this would help fund for a replacement and still have 15-20 million spare. i just think it shows what arsenal have become trying to keep a un-happy player at the club when their is good money on the table.
they have only made one offer for 29 million. and have not made an offer since then, while of course making lots of noise

If they had actually bidded £40m, I am sure Arsenal wouldn't complain.

But they haven't.

your missing the point fabregas supports barcelona whether he has just signed a 5 year deal or not this is a one in a lifetime oportunity to play for his boyhood club. at the end of the day money talks its not chelseas, man city, madrid or barcas fault we have money and you know most players strive to earn as much as they can. it just shows what type of club arsenal have become trying to keep a player when he wants out. i remember last year when utd fans knew ronaldo wanted to go to madrid their wasent all this yer well he owes us bullshit, its because utd are in a totaly different league to arsenal now days.

You are completely disregarding the fact that Wenger would accept an offer if it was high enough. It's not Arsenal's fault Fabregas is still with us, it's Barcelona's for refusing to meet the valuation.

While all this has been going on have Arsenal lodged any sort of complaint to Uefa for tapping up. They seem to be very quiet on the situation which is unusual for Arsenal and Wenger not to comment to the media.

While all this has been going on have Arsenal lodged any sort of complaint to Uefa for tapping up. They seem to be very quiet on the situation which is unusual for Arsenal and Wenger not to comment to the media.
very true, wenger is not one to hide his displeasure when the situation warrants it

I notice that one of the main players in the 'This is Not Tapping Up' scenario is a Chelsea fan. Now, while I understand some of the points you're trying to get across, I would like to know what your views were when Manchester City tapped up your Captain John Terry a few years back and came very close to signing him. Barcelona are doing the same thing as City did back then, so did you feel it was ok for City to do this to your club. If you did, then fair enough, but if you thought City acted out of order, then you must be able to see Arsenal's point of view?

Last edited:
from sportinglife http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal...7/17/SOCCER_Arsenal_Quotes.html&TEAMHD=soccer :

WENGER WANTS FABREGAS TALK TO STOP
By Jim van Wijk, Press Association Sport

Arsene Wenger has declared speculation linking Cesc Fabregas with a move to Barcelona "has to stop" - and is confident his captain will remain at Arsenal next season.

The Gunners opened their pre-season campaign with a comfortable 4-0 win at npower League Two side Barnet, but Wenger continued to be dogged by the question of the future of his talisman, who has been given some extra time off after the World Cup

Fabregas, who has five years still to run on his contract, may have told Wenger before the World Cup he wanted to return to the Nou Camp, but Arsenal remain determined to retain the services of their captain and have already knocked back one £30million offer.

Indeed, new Barcelona president Sandro Rosell admitted the Spanish club would not "go mad" to land their former youth team player - who was embarrassingly forced into a Barcelona shirt during Spain's victory celebrations in Madrid - in time for the new campaign.

The Arsenal fans displayed an X-rated anti-Barcelona banner at Underhill, and Wenger had been left equally unimpressed by the public courting of his captain, as a string of Barcelona players, many of whom are international team-mates of the World Cup winner, urged Fabregas to complete a move 'home' to the club he left as a 16-year-old.

"There was a lot of unneeded talk. It is not pleasant to read that every day. Now, the story has to stop," Wenger declared.

"Cesc is our captain, he is so important to us and we want to keep him, that is why we were not listening to any offers.

"It was not a problem of money, just the desire to keep him at the club."

The Arsenal boss continued: "We can only influence our own behaviour, and I believe things have now gone straight again with Sandro Rosell.

"We always had a consistent attitude and were always reluctant to talk about Cesc's departure.

"It is very important we give the impression that just because somebody wants a player from us, we do not just give in."

Whether or not Fabregas can be persuaded to stay on for at least one more season remains to be seen, with the Spaniard not due to link up with the Arsenal squad again until the Emirates Cup on July 31/August 1.

However, Wenger said: "We have shown our love and care for Cesc since the start.

"I believe Cesc loves the club, has shown his attachment to the club many times and I am very confident the story will end there.

"We want Cesc to be part of our club next year, and that is it."

Arsenal gave debuts to summer signings Laurent Koscielny and Marouane Chamakh on Saturday afternoon as the Gunners ran out comfortable winners, with youngster Jay Simpson netting a first-half double.

Goalkeeper Manuel Almunia, who has seen his position as Arsenal number one come under question over the summer, was absent from the squad because of illness.

Arsenal have been linked with a £4million move for Fulham's Australian international Mark Schwarzer.

When asked whether he was interested in a deal, Wenger replied: "Not really", before adding: "We are still looking at various situations, but I would not like to come out on any individuals.

"At the moment, in pre-season, there is no number one - you have to give a chance to everyone to show how good he is. You cannot decide that today."

The Arsenal manager continued: "It was an opportunity to see everybody, including some young players.

"Both new signings did well over the 45 minutes, Koscielny adjusted slowly to the required challenges in the air, and you could see Chamakh was very good at bringing players in, and with creative midfielders, that will be suited to our game."

The Arsenal manager maintained Arsenal were "still active in the transfer market", but would not be drawn on targets - which are said to include free agent Joe Cole and Udinese centre-half Cristian Zapata.

Wenger, though, confirmed he expected both William Gallas and Mikael Silvestre to leave with their contracts now expired, but veteran Sol Campbell could yet sign a one-year deal.

The Arsenal manager's own future has to be resolved soon, with his current agreement finishing in the summer of 2011.

He said: "I don't think anyone can question my own commitment to this club.

"The important thing is the feeling that I have, that I do well enough for the club."

I notice that one of the main players in the 'This is Not Tapping Up' scenario is a Chelsea fan. Now, while I understand some of the points you're trying to get across, I would like to know what your views were when Manchester City tapped up your Captain John Terry a few years back and came very close to signing him. Barcelona are doing the same thing as City did back then, so did you feel it was ok for City to do this to your club. If you did, then fair enough, but if you thought City acted out of order, then you must be able to see Arsenal's point of view?

I didnt think they tapped jt up they didnt have a secret meeting with him they just declaired they wanted to sign him. I also was thinking well if he goes we still got alex, carvalho and brana i wasent moping but i knew it wouldnt go through. What chelsea did with ashley cole in 2003 was wrong barca in my eyes have done nothing wrong and the same as city.

I didnt think they tapped jt up they didnt have a secret meeting with him they just declaired they wanted to sign him. I also was thinking well if he goes we still got alex, carvalho and brana i wasent moping but i knew it wouldnt go through. What chelsea did with ashley cole in 2003 was wrong barca in my eyes have done nothing wrong and the same as city.

Fair play m8. I was just wondering if your opinion would hold up if the boot was on the other foot as, so often the case on football forums, people laugh and tell other fans to stop whining -- only to whine just as much (or more) when the same thing happens to their club.

your missing the point fabregas supports barcelona whether he has just signed a 5 year deal or not this is a one in a lifetime oportunity to play for his boyhood club. at the end of the day money talks its not chelseas, man city, madrid or barcas fault we have money and you know most players strive to earn as much as they can. it just shows what type of club arsenal have become trying to keep a player when he wants out. i remember last year when utd fans knew ronaldo wanted to go to madrid their wasent all this yer well he owes us bullshit, its because utd are in a totaly different league to arsenal now days.

No, you're missing the point, why would he sign a 6 year contract if he didn't love Arsenal? Why would he dedicate the WC to us? Also, he has not once, publicly said that he wants out, just that if he does go, it would be to Barca, the papers put words in his mouth and your believing it, he has not handed in a transfer request, and no one apart from him and Arsenal know what he said when he met Wenger in private. R. Madrid offered £80 million. Of course we would accept the offer if we got that kind of money. As it is, the offer, which was actually 29 million EUROS, and about £25m was a ridiculous offer, there was no way Arsenal would let him go for that, or indeed £30m. If Rossel wants him, he's going to have to go back on what he said about not going for break trying to sign him. Stop using this repetitive, and frankly misguided argument that Man Utd and Chelsea are in a different league, because we won't let our captain go for £30 million? Because of course, United would definitely do that if Rooney wanted to go...

This

No, they haven't offered £40m, and i doubt we'd accept that either, we value him at about £45-50 million, the only way that's going down is if Fabregas hands in a formal transfer request, which won't happen. And how the **** do you think we can get a good replacement for £20m these days. We've reportedly lined up Gourcuff, who'd cost at least £25m. He's not unhappy, he wants to move back to his boyhood club one day, he's just won the WC, and had his best ever season by some way, he dedicated the WC to us, i keep saying this because it's true, and you won't accept it.

This. This. This. This. This.:wub:

No, you're missing the point, why would he sign a 6 year contract if he didn't love Arsenal? Why would he dedicate the WC to us? Also, he has not once, publicly said that he wants out, just that if he does go, it would be to Barca, the papers put words in his mouth and your believing it, he has not handed in a transfer request, and no one apart from him and Arsenal know what he said when he met Wenger in private. R. Madrid offered £80 million. Of course we would accept the offer if we got that kind of money. As it is, the offer, which was actually 29 million EUROS, and about £25m was a ridiculous offer, there was no way Arsenal would let him go for that, or indeed £30m. If Rossel wants him, he's going to have to go back on what he said about not going for break trying to sign him. Stop using this repetitive, and frankly misguided argument that Man Utd and Chelsea are in a different league, because we won't let our captain go for £30 million? Because of course, United would definitely do that if Rooney wanted to go...

This

No, they haven't offered £40m, and i doubt we'd accept that either, we value him at about £45-50 million, the only way that's going down is if Fabregas hands in a formal transfer request, which won't happen. And how the **** do you think we can get a good replacement for £20m these days. We've reportedly lined up Gourcuff, who'd cost at least £25m. He's not unhappy, he wants to move back to his boyhood club one day, he's just won the WC, and had his best ever season by some way, he dedicated the WC to us, i keep saying this because it's true, and you won't accept it.

This. This. This. This. This.:wub:

if rooney wanted to leave then im sure ferguson would do they same as he did with ronaldo and let him leave simple as that.

if rooney wanted to leave then im sure ferguson would do they same as he did with ronaldo and let him leave simple as that.

Ferguson would let Rooney go for £30m?? I don't think so. We received an inadequate offer, not £80m.

Ferguson would let Rooney go for £30m?? I don't think so. We received an inadequate offer, not £80m.

i never said 30million for rooney a reasonable offer his worth much more than that. i think 30million for fabregas is a reasonble enough offer.

i never said 30million for rooney a reasonable offer his worth much more than that. i think 30million for fabregas is a reasonble enough offer.

WTF? These days, £30m is nothing for a player that scored 20 odd goals and another 20 odd assists... Berbatov was £32m, Robinho was a little more, Fabregas is better than both of them. At least as good as Villa = £40m. A lot better than Adebayor = £25m. Besides, we're going massively off topic, as fun as this argument is, the point is that Barcelona have made only one bid for our Captain, and the rest has been talk. Admittedly they haven't met with Fabregas behind Arsenal's back, but they did promise not to make a bid/unsettle Fabregas, and they have. Even if this is not tapping up, which i believe it is (whatever Wikipedia says...) - it is unprofessional and as a fan of football, not Arsenal, i want it to stop because it's not good for the game. And please don't say that speaking to every paper you can find, and getting your players to talk **** about Fabregas to every single paper isn't deliberately unsettling a player, in order to push through a move that the club doesn't want to happen. He's our player, he's under contract and that's that, if he wants to go, then he can hand in a transfer request, and lose all of his loyalty bonuses, not to mention the respect of a lot of Arsenal fans, as it is, he is being professional, and by and large refusing to talk about it in public.

Anyway. it looks like he will be an Arsenal player next season, so we can suspend this thread until next summer, when inevitably, they'll do it again, and i suspect they'll cough up around £50m if not more and Cesc will move. :'(

WTF? These days, £30m is nothing for a player that scored 20 odd goals and another 20 odd assists... Berbatov was £32m, Robinho was a little more, Fabregas is better than both of them. At least as good as Villa = £40m. A lot better than Adebayor = £25m. Besides, we're going massively off topic, as fun as this argument is, the point is that Barcelona have made only one bid for our Captain, and the rest has been talk. Admittedly they haven't met with Fabregas behind Arsenal's back, but they did promise not to make a bid/unsettle Fabregas, and they have. Even if this is not tapping up, which i believe it is (whatever Wikipedia says...) - it is unprofessional and as a fan of football, not Arsenal, i want it to stop because it's not good for the game. And please don't say that speaking to every paper you can find, and getting your players to talk **** about Fabregas to every single paper isn't deliberately unsettling a player, in order to push through a move that the club doesn't want to happen. He's our player, he's under contract and that's that, if he wants to go, then he can hand in a transfer request, and lose all of his loyalty bonuses, not to mention the respect of a lot of Arsenal fans, as it is, he is being professional, and by and large refusing to talk about it in public.

Anyway. it looks like he will be an Arsenal player next season, so we can suspend this thread until next summer, when inevitably, they'll do it again, and i suspect they'll cough up around £50m if not more and Cesc will move. :'(

David Villa signed for Barcelona for £34M. Just to burst your bubble (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.