Chairman Game - Conquering the Premier League

Just get relegated lads and you'll end up with £80 million to spend like I did LOL!

I agree that something needs to be done about the finances. I am surprised how bad the finances have been for some clubs. I am happy to boost clubs finances based on a points table. We would just need to agree on what is on the table. This is the list of things that were proposed before by dwellsync.

1.) Top goalscorer (Chairmen)- 1 pt
2.) Top Assister (Chairmen)- 1pt
3.) Top Finish by Chairmen team- 3pts
4.) Highest Exceeded Season Expectation- 1pt
5.) Win Domestic Cup- 5pts
6.) Win European cup- 6pts
7.) Win League- 7 pts
8.) Pt. value for every finishing position. (think mario kart race point distribution)

If we can decide on the things and the points for them then we can bring it into effect for the next season.

I agree that something needs to be done about the finances. I am surprised how bad the finances have been for some clubs. I am happy to boost clubs finances based on a points table. We would just need to agree on what is on the table. This is the list of things that were proposed before by dwellsync.

1.) Top goalscorer (Chairmen)- 1 pt
2.) Top Assister (Chairmen)- 1pt
3.) Top Finish by Chairmen team- 3pts
4.) Highest Exceeded Season Expectation- 1pt
5.) Win Domestic Cup- 5pts
6.) Win European cup- 6pts
7.) Win League- 7 pts
8.) Pt. value for every finishing position. (think mario kart race point distribution)

If we can decide on the things and the points for them then we can bring it into effect for the next season.

Instead of it being a point table, could it be simply be the team that achieves each options gets a set amount added to balance!

I think it should be a both and, not an either or. There should be a point table that correlates to some balance rewards....

I know I am new to this game with you all, but I have a slightly different opinion. I have gone through the save games and I feel there are primarily two reasons why the clubs seem to always have negative balance.

1. The managers spend beyond what they should.

example: Villa had 14 mil in the bank at the beginning of this season. Yet Manager Andy Scott spent a net 40 mil on transfers alone. Add on another 10 mil on agent fees. As a result Villa has -21 mil on January 1.

my suggestion: Set a low (or zero) transfer budget for the manager, through the editor. I guess that might work.

2. Selling players.

Except (a) exceptional talents like Joao Felix or Ruben Neves or (b) Relegation (Watford or Leicester), AI managers of chairman clubs have done poorly selling players over the seasons. This is even after the chairmen have repeatedly bought high potential players encouraging a moneyball approach.

Maybe setting low or zero transfer budgets might encourage them to sell to buy.

my suggestion (even I am not convinced about this): Like chairmen can buy players for double the value of the player, let them sell a certain number of players each window for a fixed value (ex. Half the value, or half the buying price, whichever higher). This might help getting some much needed cash in or reverse a bad transfer made by the AI (ex. Tom Davies for 46 mil). Now, since we can't force a player upon a club, admin can release the player to sell, on a free, so that any interested club can pick them up.

The main issue that everyone is saying finance's. So maybe we could transfer ban the chairman clubs in-between winter transfer window and the summer so the clubs don't make any signings without our permission?

Also having Financial bonuses in game would make it a lot less realistic, the higher you finish in the prem the more money you get, thats how the prem works.

I think a fair competition would be to create a chairman Team of the season where were Bcfc1 picks a the best players from our clubs, the more players you get a upgrade to your stadium or youth grounds that kind of thing.

just my thoughts on the game, happy to go with the leaderboard too, i just think it gets too complicated if you start boosting prem clubs who are already the richest league in the world.

Last edited:
Leicester is a new projet of young boss Mataa98!

First of all,i was so busy last days so i cant write update about my Leicester takeover. So ill do it now.After a bad season in Burnley,Mataa98 comes into problem with the Burnley fans,they dont want him to be their chairman,and Mataa98 steps down from this position,because he dont want to be in enviroment where he is not loved. In the end Mataa98 said: " I promise to all fans of Burnley,next season i will buy a new club and i would be promoted with this club faster than you,thats my promise and ill work for that.Seee youuu in Championship!" Mataa98 search for a new club and find something interesting.Leicester needs a new chairman,and thats what he want,to be a chairman of this great club. Talks have gone so fast and Mataa98 becomes a new chairman. I told to the all Foxes: " On this day i am so proud to be there,in Leicester,and ill give my best to get back in PL a soon as we can.My first step is to announce a new head coach and he is Leonardo Jardim." It seems like a big movement,and Mataa98 work all what he can to bring Foxes back in PL

The main issue that everyone is saying finance's. So maybe we could transfer ban the chairman clubs in-between winter transfer window and the summer so the clubs don't make any signings without our permission?

Also having Financial bonuses in game would make it a lot less realistic, the higher you finish in the prem the more money you get, thats how the prem works.

I think a fair competition would be to create a chairman Team of the season where were Bcfc1 picks a the best players from our clubs, the more players you get a upgrade to your stadium or youth grounds that kind of thing.

just my thoughts on the game, happy to go with the leaderboard too, i just think it gets too complicated if you start boosting prem clubs who are already the richest league in the world.

Agree with you on that. Boosting would be too unrealistic. To balance the books for now, we can do a one time equal cash infusion of (say) 50 mil into all clubs (that is even AI clubs) and justify it by saying a natural increase in TV money after 3-4 seasons. But after that it will be our duty to limit our managers into financially prudent transfer budgets.

Agree with you on that. Boosting would be too unrealistic. To balance the books for now, we can do a one time equal cash infusion of (say) 50 mil into all clubs (that is even AI clubs) and justify it by saying a natural increase in TV money after 3-4 seasons. But after that it will be our duty to limit our managers into financially prudent transfer budgets.

I'd agree to that, makes sense if even the AI teams get the TV money good point.

My opinion about finances!

Hello guys,now i have free time do write my opinion about your and our problems with finances. Luckily,i havent got these problems yet,to work with minus budget,but i havent got more than 28M in 5 or 6 transfer windows that i play till today. I think it is to small budget but also i think these games with points and adding money to budget if you be a manager of the year and all other unrealistic thing are also bad ideas. Only what can i say is that althought i havent got so much money i never work in minus and i think that is becuase i carefully pick my head coaches and players. Its normal to have problems when you must pay some cash for head coach and use a head coach who wants a big salary like Conte and others. Second thing is free players,some of you doesnt watch finances and wage budget before signing high demanding players. Its fully normal when you want Lewandowski,Suarez,David Silva or other players on free that these players wants to have a big salary,sometimes you need to pay attention on that.
Now i will write my proposals to improve a game and budgets.
1. If owner of the game bcfc1 have in game editor it would be good that we (chairmens) can in private message to him send a few players which he can make unavailable for transfer or set a very high asking price. Thats because i lost 2 good players for about 90M and they are sold from my head coach,but if they were unavailable for transfer i would have them now,and if get in PL league instantly they wouldnt be unhappy and the price would be higher.I think that happens also to other chairmens.
2. Before every season we get some money injections but no more than 30-40M.(in game editor)
3.It also would be good if we can some players put on transfer list without head coach,also throught editor.
4. It also would be good if we can some of staff team signing.
Thats all for now,if i remember something new i will write.
Plss write your reply and opinion about my post.
Thanks,Chairmens

Just to let everyone know. I have tried to message a couple of people recently and it is telling me that their inboxes are full. Can we make sure we keep our inboxes empty enough to receive messages.

dwellsync - I am trying to message you based on your transfers for this window but I can not get through. Can you clear you inbox and let me know so that I can speak to you about that.

There has been a quite a bit of talk about money and how best to tackle the issues some clubs are facing. I am going to try and bring some of those ideas together from what I have read so far into one post and let you know which of them I like/dislike and which if any are not possible on the editor (as far as I am aware anyway).

1. Points Table

I personally like the idea of a points table whether people gain money for each category or just based on their overall performance in the table. I do see 2 potential issues with this though. Firstly, I would not be able to do it myself as it would take too much time and slow the game down. dwellsync has already offered once to run it but I am unsure on whether he would still be happy to do this. Secondly, we have clubs in the Championship and I am unsure on how we could fairly include them. They could just not be included and the reward for being in the Prem is that you are involved in this table but I am unsure on whether that is fair either.

2. Banning ingame managers from spending

I am firmly against this one. Not only am I unsure on whether this possible, but it also goes against the point of hiring a manager. Part of the challenge of a chairman game is to work with the ingame manager who can make different decisions to you. If you want to be in control of everything then that is just a normal game of FM.

3. Releasing players as a way selling them

I am against this idea also. It will create a **** of a lot more work for me if every club involved suddenly wants to release 5/10 players for the current value which will slow the game down dramatically, and I know from experience that the thing that kills chairmen games is when the updates are too slow.

4. Team of the season

This was similar to the points table but based around a team of the season with teams getting X amount based on how many players are involved in the team. I like the idea but unsure on how to implement it. Do I choose the players based purely on average rating or do I make my own judgement. This could lead to arguments where one team has a LB who has an average rating of 7.4 while another team has a LB with an average rating of 7.3 but he scored more goals and got more assists. For this reason I am not too sure on how to use this one.

5. Set all balances to a number and leave it alone

This one is probably the easiest to implement but I am not sure on how fair it is to everyone. Some people have offered ridiculous wages to players to bring in some of the best players while others have gone for cheap youngsters to try and develop a winning squad and save money. It would be unfair on this second group to now just let everyone have £50/100 Million again so they can spend whatever they like again.

6. Make players unavailable for transfer so you dont lose players in game

As far as I am aware, this is not possible on the editor.

7. Transfer list players in game

As far as I am aware, this is not possible on the editor.

8. Staff signings

Similar to point 3 where it will take me a long time if every club now wants to bring in 10 coaches each and 10 scouts each and all the other roles that clubs have. It would take me days to make all of those changes so this is not something I am willing to do.

9. Do nothing

The default option really. If we can't agree on anything then I won't do anything and those clubs that are struggling financially will need to find their own
solution to their issues.

I am personally in favour of the points table whether it is people get money for each category or whether you for just your overall points. A lot of the others will take a lot of time away from the game which will slow updates down to a point where I am probably only doing one update a week meaning it will take 2/3 weeks to do one season rather than what I am trying to do now which is around 8/9 days per season.

Last edited:
January Transfers

Aston Villa – theKaustuv – (-£21 Million) Budget

FREE – Martin Serrafiore - £6k

EXP – Thomas Delaney – Dortmund - £50k – Outbid by another chairmen

LOAN – Martin Calderon – Real Madrid
LOAN – Dzenio Burnic – Dortmund
LOAN – Alessandro Russo – Genoa

Bournemouth – Linecoigne1998 – (-£15 Million) Budget

No transfers made

Brighton – Reifi – (-£7 Million) Budget

No transfers made

Crystal Palace – WeArePalace – (-£1 Million) Budget

No transfers made

Everton – Pledgey - £1 Million Budget

Transfer – Lucas Paredes – Lanus - £100k - £4k - Outbid by another chairman
Transfer – FCSM - £500k - £15k
EXP – Axel Witsel – Dortmund - £150k

Manager In – Eusebio – FREE

Fulham – KillerRoo – (-£17 Million) Budget

EXP – Thomas Delaney – Dortmund - £80k

Huddersfield – Telstar – (-£27 Million) Budget

No transfers made

Leicester – Mataa98 - £25 Million Budget

Transfer – Serge Gnabry – Bayern - £18mil - £127.5k
Transfer – Adil Sebbar – PSG - £2.5mil - £7.5k
Transfer – Guillermo Costa – Barcelona - £4.5mil - £31.5k

LOAN – Reece James – Chelsea

Newcastle – LiamCFC88 – (-£29 Million) Budget

No transfers made

Southampton – Benncfc24 - £3 Million Budget

No transfers made

Watford – TheNotSoSpecialOne - £18 Million Budget

Transfer – Jimmy Hurst – Ross County - £500k - £600
Transfer – Phillip Blaswich – Leverkusen - £2.5mil - £175
Transfer – Pelayo Vega – Marbella - £750k - £3.3k
Transfer – Giovanni Ackermann – Basel - £250k - £2.1k

All facilities improved by 1 for a total of £10.5mil
Stadium seating increased by 2000 for £2mil

Wolves – dwellsync - £27 Million Budget

Transfer – Eduardo Plascencia – Chivas - £700k - £12k
Transfer – Horacio Luis – Sporting - £500k - £1.6k
Transfer – Vojislav Kovacevic – Vojvodina - £1.5mil - £480
Transfer - Lucas Paredes - Lanus - £400k - £3.3k

EXP – Jay Dasilva – Chelsea - £6k

Manager out – Luciano Spalletti - £950k
Manager In – Jose Mourinho - £3.7mil

Youth improvement +2 for £4mil
Traning facilities +2 for £4mil

Last edited:
I would be happy to do the point table. I think we can make it as broad as possible to allow as many options for bonuses. While not making it entirely subjective to avoid the issues.

Top Chairmen Goalscorer
Top Chairmen Assists
Player(s) in team of season EPL
Golden Glove
Top Rated
Points per finish
Points for exceeding expectations
manager of the year

Then we could vote on:
Chairmen of the season
Signing of the season
Funniest Post of the season

Could be a fun way to keep this going and incentivize creativity

I fully understand and second bcfc1 on most of those.

However, I have contrasting opinions on two cases.
1. I am still doubtful whether this reward system is fair, because the AI clubs won't get the same boost even if they have better seasons or players. We already get to prize their wonderkids away for peanuts.
2. Regarding releasing players for money,
(a) we can limit it to 1 per window
Or
(b) the 5 transfers per window limit can be extended to include both incoming and outgoing transfers. So then, the admin won't have too much extra work to do.

1. Points Table

I personally like the idea of a points table whether people gain money for each category or just based on their overall performance in the table. I do see 2 potential issues with this though. Firstly, I would not be able to do it myself as it would take too much time and slow the game down. dwellsync has already offered once to run it but I am unsure on whether he would still be happy to do this. Secondly, we have clubs in the Championship and I am unsure on how we could fairly include them. They could just not be included and the reward for being in the Prem is that you are involved in this table but I am unsure on whether that is fair either.

9. Do nothing

The default option really. If we can't agree on anything then I won't do anything and those clubs that are struggling financially will need to find their own
solution to their issues.

This seems the best options don't change too much. An Option could be to keep the leaderboard pretty standard for now and so we can add more if we need too.

Having like 10 categories is overkill instead just have categories like in FM19

Chairman of the season (based on season preview who finishes higher than expected).

Player of the Season

Young player (21 and under)

And maybe the bonuses could be something other than finances.

For example if you get youth upgrade if you have young player of the season?

Anyway i would just like to say this is the best save i've had in FM19 and its getting better, thanks to Bcfc1 for making this.

New solution for budget!

For me is the best to get only some "arab money cash injection" before every season. It would be around 20M for Championship and 30 or 40M for Premier League and thats all. All other ways to get more money are not realistic and that makes games more complicated.