CHAIRMAN GAME - FINISHED AFTER 10 SEASON. NEW LEAGUE STARTING SOON

andy_14clark

Reaction score
Premier League Chairman.png

WHAT IS A CHAIRMAN GAME?

For those who don't know what a chairman game is, it's essentially a game where people become the chairmen of clubs in one league, and they become responsible for setting budgets, changing managers, making key transfers etc. Everybody who takes part will run their changes through me, I will confirm when/if they are OK and edit them into the game, and then that chairman can announce what they have done in the thread via a "Press Release".

To play, you must meet the following criteria:

1) You MUST have a copy of Football Manager 2020. This is because I will be running the game on this, so you need the same version to ensure that transfers are done correctly.

2) You MUST be able to regularly come onto this site and check the thread for updates, speak to other chairmen etc.

3) You MUST contribute. Please do not sign up to play and then never post or respond to anyone's messages...there may be someone on the waiting list who wants to play and will be active!

Plan for Teams and Updates

My plan will be to random each chairman a team. This will require help from two managers within the league to decide these (one will be given the chairman names and to allocate numbers, the other will be given the teams and to allocate numbers)

I also plan to get updates out on Sunday’s and Wednesday’s/Thursday’s, implementing transfers and then simming forward, hopefully completing a half season in each update. It should mean we get through a season every week roughly.

General Rules

1) You may sack your manager after any update. Doing so will require you pay the remainder of their contract in full (will discuss fees for this down below)

2) Manager transfers are on a first come first served basis.

3) If your manager gets sacked then the owner will get the choice on the next appointment or keeping the current manager that has been hired. You cannot poach another players manager but can buy them similar to a C2C deal if both managers can agree a fee!

4) You can set your transfer & wage budgets to whatever you like (for your AI manager).

5) Facilities may be upgraded at any time, however at a cost:

2,500,000 per 1,000 seating increase, Max of 5,000 a season
2,500,000 for a minor improvement to your youth system.
2,500,000 for a minor improvement to your training facilities.
2,500,000 for a minor improvement to your Junior Coaching.
2,500,000 for a minor improvement to your Youth recruitment.

6) INACTIVITY WARNING

If you go through a whole season without any posts etc. I will message you before the final table update and a failure to reply will lead to you losing your team and that club becoming available to other managers.

Transfer rules

There are different types of transfer that can be completed:

C2C – These are fees arranged between each chairman in the game. Transfers are as agreed, and wages will stay the same as they currently stand in the game.
FGN – Foreign transfers are for any player that is signed outside of the English leagues and must be aged 18+.
DOM – Any players signed that play for a club in England and must be aged 18+
U18 – These are players that are 17 or younger at the time of the save file.
FREE – Any player that has an expired contract.
EXP – These are players that are on an expiring contract and can be given a pre-arranged contract
LOAN – Any player can be loaned as long as the club on the game is willing to let you loan the player (any team that states they will not allow this player to leave on loan at all can’t be loaned in). Whatever the loaning club requests on the game MUST be used. So, if there is a monthly fee, this full cost will be taken from the club budget,

Any transfers must be provided within the format as shown below and include the new transfer/wages details you expect to pay based on the transfer rules as stated below:

Type – Player – Current Club – New Club – Fee – Wage

This makes things much each to note and can help save me some time so would be greatly appreciated.

I have put all the rules on transfers in to one table to make it easier to look at. If anything is not clear, then let me know and I can clarify it.

ALLOWED TRANSFER

Type
Max Allowed Per Window
Minimum Fee to pay
Minimum Wages to offer
Main Decision
2nd Decision
C2C​
No Limit​
TBD​
x1​
N/A​
N/A​
DOM​
3​
x2 Value *​
x2​
Highest Fee Offered​
Finish last season​
FGN​
2​
x3 Value *​
x3​
Highest Fee Offered​
Finish last season​
U18​
1***​
x4 Value *​
x4​
Highest Fee Offered​
Finish last season​
FREE​
1​
N/A​
TBD​
Highest Wage Offered​
Finish last season​
EXP​
1**​
N/A​
TBD​
Highest Wage Offered​
Finish last season​
MGR (Employed)​
N/A​
Length of contact (in weeks) x current wage​
+25% of Current Wage​
FCFS​
N/A​
MGR (Unemployed)​
N/A​
N/A​
Provided by Editor​
FCFS​
N/A​

TBD - To be decided by you (and other chairmen)
FCFS - First Come First Served
Editor - When I move anyone (prior to adjusting wages) the editor changes the wages automatically. Whatever it changes it to is what I will leave their wage as.

* - If the player is transfer listed then it will be the minimum of either the transfer listed price or minimum value and the wages are x1
** - EXP transfer can only be done during the January transfer window.
*** - I will allow you to sacrifice only 1 DOM/FGN transfer to be able to sign an additional U18 player.

Anything else that is not clear, let me know and I will try to clear up.

Hiring/Firing Managers:
In the first season there will be no charges to firing a manager. However, moving forward, if you want to fire a manager you will be charged the remainder of your managers contract if you sign a manager who is unemployed. If you fire your manager for a manager employed by another club, the cost will be hiring the new manager.

Sale of players:
I will also allow you to sell players on the game. This is restricted to 2 per window. The player must be wanted for transfer on the game (not on loan) but not by another club within the league. However, if they are transfer listed, you will only receive a % based on this and the rules below (any transfer listed fees that are higher DO NOT count and players current value will be used). The fees you will receive is based on the following:

Major Interest from a club – You will receive 75% of fee
Minor Interest from a club – You will receive 50% of fee

Loans:
Each club will be allowed 1 loan signing from foreign clubs in July window per season. This is as long as you check that the club within the game allow the player to leave on loan. Whatever monthly fee / wages % required by that club will need to be paid. Please note these figures on your transfer submission. There is also a 2-player limit on loans per season from chairman clubs and 100% of the wages will be paid. There will be no fees received for loans.

Contracts:
In the January window, I will also allow you to give out 2 contracts. Each will be extended by 2 years and will be a 25% wages increase on their current wages. This means you can cover any potential expiring contracts or improve a contract. If a player has a minimum release fee (not very likely in the PL, then you can pay £2m to have it removed.

Releasing players:
Each window you can release 1 player who is currently at the club (this can not be done if the player is loaned out already). It will cost you the value of the players contract over 1 year no matter the length of the contract.

Teams Available @ 08/07/19 (Game date)
Burnley - £32,885,687
Man City - £272,487,358
West Ham - £29,912,330
Wolves - £22,924,932

Teams will be random so if you would like a team, prepare to be given one from the spin of a wheel haha!

Last edited:
I have updated the page with the rules so please comment if you're interested in joining.

I'd be interested in taking Crystal Palace please.

Put me down for a team mate, I'll watch the thread. Might be worth highlighting that to people, that way they'll be notified when its updated mate :)

Looking forward to it dude, start a conversation with me if its easier mate :)

We could even create a group on WhatsApp or something so we can communicate easier.

Put me down for a team mate, I'll watch the thread. Might be worth highlighting that to people, that way they'll be notified when its updated mate :)

Looking forward to it dude, start a conversation with me if its easier mate :)

We could even create a group on WhatsApp or something so we can communicate easier.

Great. I will put you on the list. I think something like a Whatsapp group could help communicate with people easier, or even something like discord.

I am very interested, Played one a couple games ago and was fun,

If you are struggling with numbers maybe it would be good to go with the Scottish prem or something with less teams to start with??

I am very interested, Played one a couple games ago and was fun,

If you are struggling with numbers maybe it would be good to go with the Scottish prem or something with less teams to start with??

I've noted your interest and that idea is something we may consider depending on interest. We may just go ahead with PL but still random teams if I can get more than half teams interested.

Few changes made to main post (additional managers, addition of releasing players and providing contracts)

Will be looking to get this started around Wed night/Thurs PM when I have access to all the finances etc. Will send everyone a message together so we can get sorted. I have messaged a few others from the previous game who were active so we'll see what happens in the mean time.

Right I will be getting this started tonight and will work on getting the save file uploaded so everyone is working from the same save. People can still join but teams will be getting allocated at some point tonight. If you would still like to join please let me know. I am allowing people to take 2 teams up to now with the amount of members taking part.

If you would still like to join, please comment below.

Looking forward to this - may be worth using Discord to set this up, way easier talking bro!

Contemplating using something like discord for chat purposes but post the story on here