Chairman Game - The Championship

FM_TNSSO

Reaction score
Chairman Game

What Is A Chairman Game?

For those who don't know what a Chairman game is, it's essentially a game where 20 people become the chairmen of all the clubs in one league, and they become responsible for setting budgets, changing managers, making key transfers, and managing certain aspects of the club. Everybody who takes part will run their changes through me, I will confirm when/if they are OK and edit them into the game, and then that chairman can announce what they have done in the thread via a "Press Release".

This Year's Game

So this is the first time I'm doing a chairman save (so please go easy on me lads) and I've decided to run it, starting in the Championship in England! Over the years, we can experience the highs and lows of promotion, relegation and of course the excitement of the playoffs, with the Championship playoff final being touted as the biggest money game in football due to the riches of the Premier League that it brings with winning it!

To play, you must meet the following criteria...

1) You MUST have a copy of Football Manager 2019. This is because I will be running my game on so you need the same version to ensure that transfers are done correctly.

2) You MUST be able to regularly come onto this site and check the thread for updates.

3) You MUST contribute. Please don't sign up to play and then never post or respond to anyone's messages...there may be someone on the waiting list who wants to play and will be active!

The Updates

I'll be looking to post updates on the thread on the following weekly schedule...

1) Monday Evening - Summer transfer window opens (game save uploaded)

2) Wednesday Evening - Summer transfer window closes - game simmed to September (up until Champions League and Europa League draws take place) - transfers and game update on thread by me

3) Friday Evening - Game simmed to January 1st - mid season update posted on thread by me - January transfer window opens

4) Saturday Evening - January window closes - transfers announced, game simmed to 1st February and update posted by me

5) Monday Evening - Game simmed to end of season by me and updates posted...cycle begins again with Summer transfer window opening

Hope this is ok with everyone. That means you'll get your mid season post from me on a Friday and your end of season posts on Mondays. Transfer windows will last 2 days (Summer) and 1 day (January).

General Rules

1) You may sack your manager after any update. Doing so will require you pay the remainder of their contract in full.

2) Unemployed managers are first come first serve.

If your manager gets sacked - If this happens the owner will get the choice on the next appointment or keeping there current manager. They can't poach another players manager but can buy them similar to a C2C deal if both managers can agree a fee!

3) You can set your transfer & wage budgets to whatever you like, (for your AI manager)

4) Facilities may be upgraded at any time, however at a cost:

1,000,000 per 1,000 seating increase, Max of 5,000 a season
2,500,000 for a minor improvement to your youth system.
3,000,000 for a minor improvement to your training facilities.
2,500,000 for a minor improvement to your Junior Coaching.
2,500,000 for a minor improvement to your Youth recruitment.
Buying a unowned stadium will cost £1m per 1000 seats

5) INACTIVITY WARNING
If you go through a whole season without any posts ect for a whole season i will message you before the final table update and a failure to reply will lead to you loosing your team and we'll for a new manager to take you spot

Transfer rules

First of all:
There are 7 different types of Signings:

-MON Monopoly transfers - Transfers between all the teams you directly control
-C2C (Chairman to Chairman): Basically signings between controlled teams.
-DOM (domestic - CPU controlled and lower league teams)
-FGN (Foreign): Signing players from abroad,
-u18 -(Aged 18 or under)
-EXP -(Pre Contracts arranged in January)
-FREE (Free signings)

1) To sign a player from player controlled team you must contact the Chairman of that club and agree a value with them. You can then calculate their wage using the rules below.

Both Chairmen will then need to PM me with the agreed amount and quote the message showing you have agreed the transfer/loan, and once I have confirmed it then you can announce the transfer.

If more than 1 club bids for a player in a the FGN, U18s & DOM deal it goes to the club with the league position in the most recent full season and the losing club will get a second shot to use the slot on another.

2) The price & number of players that you can sign is limited per season to the following:

C2C = Agreed by chairmen
Transfers - Unlimited
Loans - 1

DOM = 1.5x Player Value
Transfers -3

FGN = 2x player value
Transfers - 2
Loans from foreign clubs - 1

U18 = 2x Player Value
Transfers - 3

FREE
Free signings - 3 per season
You just need to enter what wages you will offer. Highest bid wins

NOTE: If a player is transfer-listed for a particular value in game or has a release clause, it is possible to sign said player by paying the required amount. If both a transfer fee and release clause exist, the player can be signed by paying the lesser of the two amounts. Please ensure you highlight this in the message to me in case I miss it in the game!

Loans
All loans will be for 3 per season at 100% wages. 1*FGN, 1*DOM, 1*C2C
Player must be either loan listed or be back up or worse in his squad status. No loaning Messi for the year!

You can cancel 1 loan a season, C2C loans must be agreed that both sides want to cancel before and agreement ends!

Player Wages

Ages 20 or under = x1.5 current wage
Aged 21-30 = x1.5 current wage
International players aged 21-30 = x2 current wage
Ages 30+ = x1.25 current wage
Chairman sales - No change

Managers

Unemployed managers rate based on reputation
World wide or Continental - Current managers rate x2
National and below - Current managers rate x1.5

If you wish to sack your manager, then you will have to pay up to the end of their current contract as compensation. Also, if you hire a manager who is already contracted to another club, then you will have to pay up the rest of their contract as compensation to that club!

If the AI sacks a manager then you will be able to choose a replacement or resign the old manager at the January or summer transfer window.
Current International Managers can not be used

Transfer template to complete, Must be filled in for EVERY transfers you plan to make, if two teams make a offer the team with the highers rep will always win

Template
Transfer Type - Player Name - Current Team - New Team - New Wage - Transfer Fee

E'G
Trf Type - Player Name - Current Team - New Team - New Wage -Transfer Fee
DOM - Alan Browne - Preston - Bristol City - £9.8 million

Selling

If you wish to sell players then you need to post them in the thread as available. Other Chairmen can then make offers for them if they wish. If they are not sold to another Chairmen in the league then I will set them as transfer listed in the game, this does not guarantee that they will be sold however.

I am very open to making changes,additions or cuts to the rules as I've jut copied the base rules that are used in chairman saves but made changes i think will make it a better save

As far as picking teams goes, it's first come, first served so post here on the thread who you'd like and I'll add you to the list below. I'll let you guys take some teams before I choose mine to keep things fair...

TeamBank BalanceChairman
Aston Villa£22 millionYeti01
Birmingham£0bcfc1
Blackburn£10 millionWeArePalace
Bolton£0
Brentford£7.5 millionTheNotSoSpecialOne
Bristol City£12.5 million
Derby£8 millionfmdan18
Hull£2.9 million
Ipswich£250k
Leeds£16.5 millionIndiBlue
Middlesbrough£25.5 million
Millwall£7.5 million
Norwich£16 millionLiamCFC88
Nottingham Forest£12 millionNathWalker
Preston£6 million
QPR£10.5 milliondporter8999
Reading£5 million
Rotherham£500k
Sheffield United£10 million
Sheffield Wednesday£2 millionAnderson883
Stoke£20 millionstonecold
Swansea£8.3 millionmathhow
Sunderland (Promoted)£18.6 millionandy_14clark
West Brom£40 millionsavan21
Wigan£5.5 millionDquizzy

Here's the download link guys....

Chairman Save

Last edited:
Can i take Norwich please mate, if you need help with anything dm me, realized last year when i tried to run one just how difficult it is

Can i take Norwich please mate, if you need help with anything dm me, realized last year when i tried to run one just how difficult it is

Cheers mate, Norwich is all yours

Is it sad i have transfer/manager plans already and im still the only player?

Is it sad i have transfer/manager plans already and im still the only player?

It's the effect that only a chairman save can have on you!! Lol!! We'll see how many players we have between now and tomorrow night as to when I kick this off!

I feel like I might regret this decision with how much money other teams have but I can I take Birmingham City.

Fantastic that your running this! Can I jump in with QPR, I do love a challenge!

Blackburn

Hey I've never actually done this before so i hope i dont screw this up entirely, but could i try Blackburn please mate?

If you were to take a team TNSSO, then we could potentially get going and hopefully people would jump in as we play. How many players you looking for?

I'm interested in joining the game but just wondering when your planning on starting as I don't know whether I can give much time to it this coming weekend.

If I join I'd like to take Swansea.