Chairman Game - The Championship

Right guys I think we have enough to kick this off.....I will get a post up tonight and after that you can start your press releases with transfer lists etc.... the first transfer window will then run right up until next Wednesday night so we can get in line with my schedule above! This should give all players sufficient time to familiarise with your teams and sort out all your transfers and loans etc before the first sim

this sounds mint

Never heard of one of these before can I take Wigan please mate or if they're not available then Preston

Cheers
Daz

Hi, i will be bristol city instead of leeds, involve me as want to be in one of these

Right, we are up to 14 players including me guys....I've taken Brentford! I'm just recording all your details and getting a spreadsheet up and running to record all of your changes for the database updates and then I'll put an update post up!

And We're Off!!!!

And So It Begins...

Evening guys!! With 15 players now registered in total, we are ready to begin the game!

Our final list of players is as follows;
Yeti01 - Aston Villa
bcfc1 - Birmingham
WeArePalace - Blackburn
TheNotSoSpecialOne - Brentford
Meijueiro99 - Bristol City
fmdan18 - Derby
IndiBlue - Leeds
HugoCaldeira1234 - Middlesbrough
LiamCFC88 - Norwich
dporter8999 - QPR
Tobey Mason - Sheffield United
stonecold - Stoke
mathhow - Swansea
savan21 - West Brom
Dquizzy - Wigan

Transfer Window Open!!

To keep in line with my timeline above, we will run the opening transfer window up until Wednesday night, when the window will close and the first update will be simmed and updated! This will give you all sufficient time to familiarise yourselves with your teams and conduct your first round of business....take advantage of the extra time available guys as this window will normally be much shorter!!

Your total available budgets as per your club's bank balances is detailed in the first post of the thread! This is your entire balance (not just the transfer budget) and as chairman you are allowed to use all of it. My only advice as a previous player of this game is to keep an eye on your wage budgets etc, so that you don't end up in ridiculous debt for window after window and unable to do any business without selling a load of your players.....been there before!!

Feel free to start conducting your business lads and private messaging me your deals! Remember, if it's a C2C deal then both managers must send me a message to confirm.

Press Releases

Feel free to post your press releases announcing your new chairman/owners! Just so you are all aware, I will not change the chairman in the editor as from previous experience I'm aware this has caused the game to crash further down the line.

Game Save

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tglnpv1tz9hdg4j/Chairman+Save.fm

Last edited:
“You just have to accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.”

It has been announced that Queens Park Rangers have been taken over by a consortium led by comedian Ricky Gervais. On his decision to involve himself in the ownership of the football club, Gervais told Sky Sports, “When people say to me: would you rather be thought of as a funny man or a great boss? My answer’s always the same, to me, they’re not mutually exclusive.”

In line with the bizarre mixture of professionalism and humour, QPR have announced that popular former manager Ian Holloway has been appointed to the club for a 3rd time, replacing Steve McClaren. When asking for a quote from the club, they responded with the following quote, "Who want's a wolly with a brolly when you can have Ollie!".
Also announced by the club are a list of players deemed surplus to requirements. Offers are negotiable as they look to keep the wage bill down.

Transfer List
GK Matt Ingram £300k
CB Joel Lynch £1m
CB Alex Baptiste £250k
CAM Luke Freeman £4m
ST Matt Smith £1m
ST Idrissa Sylla £500k

View attachment 1195097View attachment 22063

Norwich Takeover Complete!!!

Delia Smith has confirmed today that she has passed on the Canaries to new ownership explaining the move stating; "The only back to the top for this club is a clean slate, a fresh start. From top to bottom". In an unorthodox move, the club has been sold to american TV legend Oprah Winfrey in what is her first move into sports of any kind. Despite her clear lack of inexperience, Oprah remains positive about her vision for the club and for future success.

View attachment 22067

She did however, discuss the real difficulty this job would entail in order to grow this club from the bottom up. Throughout her debut press conference Oprah expressed her positive attitude for the future being quoted.

"The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude and this is what i want to install at this club. A change in attitude. We need to embrace our fullest potential, exonerate our demons and move on. I know little about football, but from my time here I have learned one thing and that is. These fans are special, they deserve more and I for one. Will not stop until they get what they deserve"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Farke Leave Norwich

"Norwich city would like to thank Daniel Farke for his time here and wish him all the best in his future endeavors"

Farke is replaced by Manchester United U23's manager Ricky Sbragia who was apparently hand picked by new Chairwoman Oprah Winfrey.

View attachment 22065

"Ive always said you have to surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher, and Ricky will take us higher. We want to build something here. I believe Ricky is the best man for the job"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Norwich release preliminary transfer list

Alexander Tettey - CM - £1.5m
Timm Klose - CB - £3m
Onel Hernandez - LW - £5m

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Norwich Release Season Targets

League - Promotion
FA Cup - Quarter Final
Carabao Cup - Quarter Final

Oprah's ambitions may seem unrealistic but she has fired back stating "Anything you can imagine, you can create and I imagine our club doing well for our supporters"

Last edited:

Stoke Takeover complete

View attachment 22045

FMBase user Stonecold has completed his takeover of relegated Stoke. "We have to be looking at getting back to the top flight and we will spare no expense in doing so! Manager and squad status's will be confirmed in the coming days however for now here are the players we are looking to move on.

For Sell
GK A Federici £4m
DL E Pieters £6m
MC D Fletcher £2m
MC S Clucas £4m
MC C Adam £1m
MR M Diouf £5m
ML J McLean £6m
AT S Berahino £4m

Open to offers on these guys and my other players

WEST BROM ALBION SOLD!

View attachment 1195131
View attachment 1195133In a surprise move, West Brom Albion was sold to Indian Businessman Savan Shah before the start of the 2018/19 season. Savan Shah, who is involved into Finance, is a huge football fan and has decided to buy out the club to pursue such a hobby. He aims to take back the club immediately to Premier League and is known to be a pragmatic and prudent spender of money.

Looking to establish a stable and financially prudent club, he is here for the long haul and is not too keen on making any short-term or major overhaul as he looks to make a stable club and a stable team.

Transfer List

Sam Johnstone - 10 Mn
Boaz Myhill - 2.5 Mn
Conor Townsend - 2 Mn

---

Open to transfer of other players as well if an appropriate offer is made.​

View attachment 21991

Shock news has emerged from Birmingham today as Aston Villa owners NSWE Group have held a press conference at which they advised they had reached a deal in principle with world renowned yogi, Divine Starlight Bliss.

View attachment 21990

Divine Starlight Bliss’ fame comes from the cult like following he has developed after establishing, well cults, in the form of yoga studios all over the world that extol the virtues of both yoga and another activity with Indian origins, tantric ***. His fame is only eclipsed by the eccentricity as he lives by the motto “Just breathe it”. Of course, how Bliss has thus far evaded being sued to the wazoo by Nike for blatant copyright infringement is anyone’s guess…

After being asked how he would implement this philosophy in running The Villa, he simply replied, “Well, I find whenever I have a difficult decision, a few guttural ‘oms’ always helps to clear the mind and illuminate the path that must be taken.” I don’t think anyone, Bliss included, actually knows what that means so guess what Villa fans, you are in for a ride….

When pressed to shed light on any potential transfer targets or players that he may have deemed surplus to requirements Bliss explained that he now avoids exchanging funds for goods and noted that he would much rather be involved in transactions where each club exchanges a player like a barter, "by giving and receiving, we help each other rise to a higher level of consciousness."

Bliss continued, "That said, we have a definite list of players in mind who we would be open to bartering with."

BARTER LIST

CM/DM Mile Jedinak
ST Scott Hogan
GK Mark Bunn

Last edited:
Proposal to change of schedule

Proposal To Change of Schedule

Hi guys...I'm getting the impression a few of you are keen to get this going and don't want to wait right around until next Wednesday for a first sim and update....so I'm proposing the following change to schedule....

1) Sunday midday - Summer window closes! By Sunday evening I will have simmed up until the Champions League and Europa League draws in September and posted an update on the thread!

2) Monday evening - Game simmed to January 1st - mid season update posted on thread - January window opens!

3) Wednesday evening - January window closes - transfers announced, game simmed to February 1st and update posted by me!

4) Friday evening - game simmed to end of season and update posted on thread. Summer transfer window opens until Sunday midday when the cycle starts again!

This way, we'll get a season a week done and should be at a good pace! Please let me know what your thoughts are guys...it does mean the current window will close on Sunday at midday so you'll need to get your business done a bit quicker though!

If there is a majority vote to go with this new schedule then we'll role with it. With 15 players registered, we need 8 confirming on the thread by 9pm tomorrow night for me to change the schedule! If so, we'll do it!

PS. You can class this as my vote to change the schedule! Especially as the new schedule will suit me better around work and kids! However, if the majority would like to keep it as it is (detailed in opening post) then that's fine too!

View attachment 21932

Club legend returns to St Andrews

Birmingham City Football Club have announced that there has been a change in ownership at the club. Trillion Trophy Asia have decided to sell up and leave the West Midlands club in the capable hands of club fan BCFC1. The new chairman seemed to be delighted at the chance to take control of his lifelong club.

“I am incredibly honoured to be tasked to lead this club. I am a child of the city and hold this club dear to my heart. It is public knowledge that club is currently in a lot of financial trouble and the books will need balancing. This may lead to players leaving the club in the near future but we will always make sure that the club is equipped to compete at this level. I am very pleased with Garry Monk leading the players and I hope to see him deliver exciting football for the fans."

With the club looking to get on a sound financial footing, the new owner has announced a new transfer list of players available. No prices have been set for the players but all offers are welcome.

GK – Tomasz Kuszczak
GK - David Stockdale
GK – Lee Camp
CM – Craig Gardner
RM - Jota
LM – Jacques Maghoma
ST – Che Adams

Last edited:
I am happy to move to the new plan for the week. Up until Sunday should be plenty of time to get any transfer dealings done.

Leeds Takeover Announcement

Big News coming from Leeds

View attachment 21889

Andrea Radrizzani has decided to sell majority stakes of the club to Indian businessman and former liqour baron Kingfisher Mallya.

After having to go on hiding in United Kingdom, Mr. Mallya has declared an interest to invest in football out of boredom. Having owned various sports franchises throughout his life, Mr. Mallya has decided to try his hand in English football.
" I believe dirty Mallya and dirty Leeds are an instant fit. I want to take this club and put it back where it belongs, the premier league. Beer will be served for free for all fans at the stadium. "