Chairman Game - The Premier League Edition

If we struggle to drum up interest, maybe remove the top teams and we play with the lower teams with maybe a little extra money added to start?

If we struggle to drum up interest, maybe remove the top teams and we play with the lower teams with maybe a little extra money added to start?
Chairman games often get interest after they start as well once people can see the game is viable. I would prefer that the top teams be allowed as it does a disservice to first come first served as the people who claimed top 6 teams will then be forced into the more undesirable teams simply as a change of rules. If interest doesn't peak i'd suggest simply starting the game and hopefully as the game progresses people will join in.

What are you thinking about making transfer deadline tommorow, Sunday at 20:00?

I think we have left it long enough now for anyone else to join. Lets start the game now. Feel free to post updates on your takeovers and start discussing and sending me your transfer deals.

The transfer window will be open until Monday 30th March 6pm GMT. This should give everyone plenty of time to discuss any C2C deals and send me their deals and also gives people a chance to join tomorrow and make transfers as well. Don't forget to send your deals in correct format with the correct figures as it will make the game run a lot quicker.

Chelsea Takeover

Chelsea Football Club can announce that Roman Abramovich has today agreed a deal to sell the club to a London based consortium. It is believed that many high ranking former Chelsea footballers have positions within said consortium. The group are believed to have a focus on development off the field and aim to rebuild Chelsea to footballing greatness in England.

It is believed that the board will advocate for progressive, attractive football above results on the park but they do accept that Frank (Lampard) will need time to develop the playing squad to get them to a standard in which they are capable of competing for titles, both domestically and on the continental stage.

Frank.png

Transfer List

***** Caballero - £1m
Olivier Giroud - £20m
Pedro - £15m
Emerson - £20m
Lewis Baker - £5m

Please feel free to message me with any transfer inquiries, every player has a price.

I’ll see if I can drum up some interest with people who I know play it

I’ll get a proper post put up tomorrow but the following a for sale:

Sergio Romero
Lee Grant
Phil Jones
Nemanja Matic
Fred
Jesse Lingard

Willing to discuss others for the right price. Looking for a LB, CM, AMR and ST

Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg

MANCHESTER UNITED TAKEOVER CONFIRMED

It has been confirmed today that the Glazier family have finally decided they have had enough of the game of "soccer" and have decided to sell the club. Andy Clark, a tech billionaire from the north east of England has stepped up and decided to purchase the club from the Americans.

His first words after taking over was that he has given his full backing to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer that he can take the club forward and will allow him freedom of the transfer market.

The first order is players is to clear some players from the books:
Sergio Romero - 9m
Lee Grant - Free
Phil Jones - 12m
Nemanja Matic - 12m
Fred - 18m

Jesse Lingard - 22m

Also willing to discuss others for the right price so get in touch and we can see if there is anything to negotiate. Players also available for loan.

Less than 10 minutes to go until the window closes and I have only heard from one chairman so far. Make sure you send your transfers to me before 6pm.

Transfer Window

Liverpool

FGN - Ruben Dias - Benfica - Liverpool - £70.5mil - £70.5k
FGN - Pedri - Barcelona - Liverpool - £2.35mil - £13.8k
DOM - Ruben Neves - Wolves - Liverpool - £70mil - £120k

Man Utd

DOM - Jude Bellingham - Birmingham - Man Utd - £15.5mil - £240
DOM - Nohan Kenneh - Leeds - Man Utd - £380k - £240
FGN - Samuel Chukwueze - Villareal - Man Utd - £31.5mil - £51,750
FGN - Thiago Almada - Velez - Man Utd - £7.5mil - £11,100
LOAN - Marcos Llorente - Atletico Madrid - Man Utd

Summer 2019 Transfer Window

English Premier Division_ Transfers.png

Not too many other big deals to talk about this summer. The biggest deal done in the game is Man City signing Francis Coquelin from Valencia for £41mil. With the quality already in Man City's midfield, I can't see where he is going to play but we will wait and see. A couple of other deals involving chairman teams are Man Utd selling Matic and Tottenham signing Montes and Mangraviti. None of these deals are big deals though.

I will do an update when I have simmed to the end of October and will then sim again to 1st January where the winter transfer window will open.​

November 1st Update

English Premier Division_ Profile.png

As we reach November, we have played 10 League games and it is still very tight at the top with just 3 points separating top from 9th place. It is still very early on though so anything can change. Aguero seems to be dominating the league as he tops the goals, assists and average rating tables. Liverpool are clearing having some fitness issues though as they top the injury table with 6 players currently out. I had a look and those 6 included both Salah and Mane which probably explains why they are not higher in the table.

Carabao Cup_ Stages.png

Onto the League Cup and we have just finished the 4th round and we still have 4 chairmen teams left in the competition. All 4 of them will be feeling confident of winning the competition as it is the first real silverware of the season.

European Champions Cup_ Stages.png
EURO Cup_ Stages.png

Checking on Europe and everyone seems to be doing well. The only team not in a qualifying position at the moment are Liverpool but they are joint second in the group and have every chance of qualifying like everyone else. The January update will show who has qualified for the knockout rounds of the Champions League and the Europa League.​

January 1st Update

English Premier Division_ Stages.png

Halfway through the season and Man City are building a lead at the top of the table. Liverpool are 7 points and have a game in hand so they are definitely still in the race for the title. Tottenham and Man Utd complete the top 4 but will need a great second half of the season to really have a chance at the title. Arsenal are down in 8th and Chelsea are in the middle of the table in 10th. Both will need to have a real change in form to meet the expectations from the start of the season. The chairman team under the biggest threat though is Newcastle who are sitting 2nd bottom and are in real danger of being relegated. Big changes may be needed in January to save themselves.

Carabao Cup_ Stages.png

The league cup is into the semi-final stages and only 2 chairman teams are left, and they face each other. This means we will definitely have at least one chairman team in the final. The other leg is Crystal Palace v Southampton so whichever chairman team progresses will be the heavy favourites to lift the trophy.

European Champions Cup_ Stages-2.png

On to the Champions League and we have only 3 out of the 4 chairman teams left in the knockout stages as Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea all qualify from their group while Tottenham were only able to finish 3rd in their group. I had a look at their group and they were unfortunate as they gained 10 points and finished joint 2nd but missed out to Bayern Munich and surprise group topper Lyon. Back to the teams still in it though and they don't have the easiest draw as Man City face Leipzig, Chelsea face Valencia and the real though draw, Liverpool face Barcelona in what will be a great game.

EURO Cup_ Stages.png

Their 3rd place finish in their Champions League group means Tottenham are now in the Europa league along with Man Utd and Arsenal who both qualified from their group. They all have decent draws in the first knockout rounds and there is a good chance that we will have an English winner of the Europa League this season.

English Premier Division_ Manager Movements.png

A couple of managerial changes in the league and one including our chairman teams as Chelsea decided to part with Frank Lampard pretty quickly into his contract and have replaced him with Massimiliano Allegri.

LiamCFC88 - You have the choice of either reinstating Lampard, keeping Allegri or finding your own new manager to bring in. If I don't here from you before the end of the transfer window then the default will be to leave Allegri as the manager.

I will post the club budgets and the save file in a moment and open the transfer window.​

January 2020 Transfer Window

Budgets

Man City - Mataa98 - £169mil
Liverpool - Warringtini - £12mil
Tottenham - Disclaimer89 - £211mil
Man Utd - andy_14clark - £242mil
Arsenal - NathWalker - £210mil
Chelsea - LiamCFC88 - £245mil
Newcastle - Peeptm - £65mil

All other clubs in the league are available if anyone is interested in joining the game.

Transfer Window

The transfer window is now open. It will stay open until
Thursday 2nd April 6pm GMT. Make sure you have sent me your transfers before then.

Game File

Chairman Game January 2020