Chairman Game - The Premier League Edition

Swansea.png

Swansea City AFC have today been taken over by former player and technical director Leon Britton. Britton has announced that he will maintain Steve Cooper as manager following a successful survival campaign in the last season. Britton has also stated that a number of players will be put on the transfer budget and a suggested budget of just over 40 million will be put towards improving the team and its facilities this window.

The transfer list is as follows:
Vicente Guaita - 1 million
Mateusz Klich - 7.5 million
Ivan Santini - 1.5 million
Karl Darlow - 100k
Rafael - 100k
Troy Deeney - 2.5 million

Most players are open to bids and all prices are flexible and negotiable.

Just to ask, can we do anything with the players in the last year of their contracts? Can we choose to extend or release them?

A potential idea. Maybe teams could sell on there designated DOM/FGN transfers during each window for whatever they want? This way the rules stay the same but there is potential for people who want more transfers can try and acquire some.

Man Utd Transfer and Loan list (Final Hour)

TRANSFERS:
Eric Bailly - £15m
Erik Lamela - £10m
Luke Shaw - £17m
Fred - £12m
Andreas Pereira - £8m

LOAN:
GK - Dean Henderson - 25k
RB - Max Aarons - £42k
CB - Axel Tuanzebe - £35k
LB - Brandon Williams - £82k
RW - Samuel Chukwueze - £105k
LW - Giovanni Reyna - £31,500
LW - Daniel James - £50k
ST - Sebastien Esposito - £77k

Let me know if you would like to take any of the following. All negotiable.

Transfer Window Closed

West Ham

FGN - Andreas Schilling - Hertha Berlin - West Ham - £600k - Outbid by another chairman
FGN - Arthur Magalhaes - Braga B - West Ham - £360k

Liverpool

FGN - Andreas Schilling - Hertha Berlin - Liverpool - £570k - £165 - Outbid by another chairman
FGN - Jean-Clair Todibo - Schalke - Liverpool - £103.5mil - £171k
DOM - Adam Flint - West Brom - Liverpool - £280k - £240 - Outbid by another chairman
DOM - Jonathan Acquah - Sheff Utd - Liverpool - £240k - £240
DOM - William Saliba - Arsenal - Liverpool - £32mil - £80k

Junior coaching improved by 2 for £5mil
Youth recruitment improved by 2 for £5mil
5000 seat improvement for £12.5mil

Swansea

FGN - Kaio Jorge - Santos - Swansea - £9mil - £8.75k
DOM - Daniel Iversen - Leicester - Swansea - £9.2mil - £8k
DOM - Andre Horta - Everton - Swansea - £7.25mil - £19.5k

Improve all facilities by 1 for £10mil

Man Utd

FGN - Andreas Schilling - Hertha Berlin - Man Utd - £1mil - £165
FGN - Erling Haaland - Dortmund - Man Utd - £70mil - £150k
DOM - Adam Flint - West Brom - Man Utd - £400k - £450
DOM - Andy Stockbridge - Arsenal - Man Utd - £300k - £2k
DOM - Romiel Elva - Charlton - Man Utd - £300k - £450

Happy
Transfer Window Closed

West Ham

FGN - Andreas Schilling - Hertha Berlin - West Ham - £600k - Outbid by another chairman
FGN - Arthur Magalhaes - Braga B - West Ham - £360k

Liverpool

FGN - Andreas Schilling - Hertha Berlin - Liverpool - £570k - £165 - Outbid by another chairman
FGN - Jean-Clair Todibo - Schalke - Liverpool - £103.5mil - £171k
DOM - Adam Flint - West Brom - Liverpool - £280k - £240 - Outbid by another chairman
DOM - Jonathan Acquah - Sheff Utd - Liverpool - £240k - £240
DOM - William Saliba - Arsenal - Liverpool - £32mil - £80k

Junior coaching improved by 2 for £5mil
Youth recruitment improved by 2 for £5mil
5000 seat improvement for £12.5mil

Swansea

FGN - Kaio Jorge - Santos - Swansea - £9mil - £8.75k
DOM - Daniel Iversen - Leicester - Swansea - £9.2mil - £8k
DOM - Andre Horta - Everton - Swansea - £7.25mil - £19.5k

Improve all facilities by 1 for £10mil

Man Utd

FGN - Andreas Schilling - Hertha Berlin - Man Utd - £1mil - £165
FGN - Erling Haaland - Dortmund - Man Utd - £70mil - £150k
DOM - Adam Flint - West Brom - Man Utd - £400k - £450
DOM - Andy Stockbridge - Arsenal - Man Utd - £300k - £2k
DOM - Romiel Elva - Charlton - Man Utd - £300k - £450

Happy with these transfers, so glad I saw Haaland at the last minute on transfer list, 20m below his value. Wasn’t going to sign first team players and leave that to Solskjaer considering he already signed Ousmane Dembele for £105m before July.

Very disappointing but a lesson learned. Shame there's no way of knowing if you've been outbid s you don't waste your transfer allocation

Last edited:
Very disappointing but a lesson learned. Shame there's no way of knowing if you've been outbid s you don't waste your transfer allocation
Yeah i thought it would be 1st come, 1st serve. It is starting to become pretty impossible for me to compete it is probably best just to withdrw me from this BC as someone else may want to take over West Ham. Absoltely no way can compete with a select few teams massive finances and even when trying to buy younger players to develop the bigger teams are just gonna outbid you. If you ever start another game where it is more of a level playing field be sure to let me now.

All the best guys!

Yeah i thought it would be 1st come, 1st serve. It is starting to become pretty impossible for me to compete it is probably best just to withdrw me from this BC as someone else may want to take over West Ham. Absoltely no way can compete with a select few teams massive finances and even when trying to buy younger players to develop the bigger teams are just gonna outbid you. If you ever start another game where it is more of a level playing field be sure to let me now.

All the best guys!
He is just a player I was after so bid a little higher to show how much I was after him.
This kind of game has always been the same as the lower teams have a lot less money to spend. I have been lower teams before and even been relegated but still enjoy it.

He is just a player I was after so bid a little higher to show how much I was after him.
This kind of game has always been the same as the lower teams have a lot less money to spend. I have been lower teams before and even been relegated but still enjoy it.
If i was in your position i would have did the exact same to get him! lol

It is just no fun when i have had 3 transfer windows and no money to spend. Will wait and see if there is another game and try get a better team next time.

If i was in your position i would have did the exact same to get him! lol

It is just no fun when i have had 3 transfer windows and no money to spend. Will wait and see if there is another game and try get a better team next time.

isn’t that the challenge and having to find those bargains. You can spend more but have to be wary of going well in to debt.
I’ve always had lesser teams so fancied a top team for a change.

@bcfc, to keep things interesting, could I also take over a lesser team as well while they are available?

The issue with doing it that way is it that it requires me to be online constantly as you guys could send your transfers at any time and then I may need to message people to let them know they have been outbid. It would be nice to do but it isn't feasible.

isn’t that the challenge and having to find those bargains. You can spend more but have to be wary of going well in to debt.
I’ve always had lesser teams so fancied a top team for a change.

@bcfc, to keep things interesting, could I also take over a lesser team as well while they are available?

I personally don't have an issue if you or anyone else wants to take over a second team but it will require some changes/additions to the rules so it isn't just used to cheat. For example, if I was the chairman for Arsenal and Aston Villa, it wouldn't be fair for me to spend all of Aston Villa's budget on one player and then transfer that player to Arsenal for nothing in the next window.

If you have any ideas on how to make sure things like this don't happen then let me know and we can think about changing the rules so people can own 2 clubs.

The issue with doing it that way is it that it requires me to be online constantly as you guys could send your transfers at any time and then I may need to message people to let them know they have been outbid. It would be nice to do but it isn't feasible.

I personally don't have an issue if you or anyone else wants to take over a second team but it will require some changes/additions to the rules so it isn't just used to cheat. For example, if I was the chairman for Arsenal and Aston Villa, it wouldn't be fair for me to spend all of Aston Villa's budget on one player and then transfer that player to Arsenal for nothing in the next window.

If you have any ideas on how to make sure things like this don't happen then let me know and we can think about changing the rules so people can own 2 clubs.

Totally get that, don't plan on cheating. Just would like to see what I can do with a lower valued team. May loan a player or two to this team but don't plan on doing anything else unless I see it as a benefit to the lower team.

Maybe restrict the amount of transactions between teams run by same person, like 1 a window. And then a rule saying that they can't be transferred back once done.

Summer 2021 Update

I've skipped to the end of the summer window so lets see what has happened in the window.

English Premier Division_ Transfers.png

The biggest deal was done in game as Man Utd signed Dembele from Barcelona. There were quite a few other big deals done in game as most of the big teams made at least one big deal. Man City signed Bentancur, Arsenal brought in Depay, Tottenham signed Tielemans and Chelsea signed Ferro. The biggest deal leaving the Premier League is Diogo Jota leaving Wolves to join Real Madrid for £70mil. That should help with their bank balance.

English Premier Division_ Stages-2.png

The league is still very early so it is hard to judge anything so far. Man Utd will be happy with the start but lets check in later to see what happens.

What a start, quite happy with that. Would it be the end of the season I could take over an additional team?

November 2021 Update

10/11 games into the season now and things are starting to take shape. The top 6 are the traditional big 6 teams and they are all pretty close with Chelsea being just 6 points off of top place. Outside of the top 6, we then have Wolves sitting in 9th which is a much better start to the season compared to last season. The other chairman team are Swansea who are not having a great start and sit in the bottom 3. They will be hoping for a big improvement in form before the January update.

Carabao Cup_ Stages.png

The League Cup is into the quarter final stages and we have 4 chairman teams left in the competition. There is one in every tie as Liverpool face Leicester, Man City face Arsenal, Swansea face Bristol City and Man Utd face Southampton. It could be that we have semi-finals made up entirely of chairman teams or with none if everything goes against us.

European Champions Cup_ Stages.png

3 of the 4 English teams in the Champions League are our chairman teams and they are all doing well at the moment. Man City are doing the best so far as they have won all 3 games and have scored 11 and not conceded any while doing that. Man Utd are 2nd and joint top in their group which should see themselves and Milan battle for the top 2 places. Liverpool are second in their group as well and should get through as long as they don't throw it away.

EURO Cup II_ Stages.png

We don't have any chairman teams in the Europa League but we do have one in whatever the other one is as Chelsea sit top of their group. The competition is one that they should be aiming to win as the clubs in the competition are not the highest level.

January 2022 Update

Half way into the season now and we have a clearer picture of what is happening at the top. Man Utd are starting to pull away at the top and will begin to be confident of winning the title. The race is far from over though as Spurs are 4 points behind and then Liverpool are another 2 points behind that. After that. it looks like Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea will all be battling for a place in the top 4 to get into the Champions League for next season. Wolves have stayed in 9th position but still have a good chance of breaking into the European places if they can put together a good run of form. The big issue at the moment is Swansea who are sitting at the very bottom of the table. The defence seems to be the big issue as they have conceded 46 goals in just 20 league games.

Carabao Cup_ Stages.png

For the first time we are definitely going to have a chairman club win the League Cup. All 4 chairman teams won their quarter finals so everyone left now is a chairman club. Swansea face Liverpool in the first tie while it is a Manchester derby for the second tie.

European Champions Cup_ Stages.png

The Champions League is into the first knockout rounds and all of the chairman teams qualified from their groups. Man Utd have the easiest draw as they face Genk while Liverpool will face Milan and Man City will have to face Barcelona.

Chelsea qualified from their group in 1st place which means they don't play in the first knockout round of their competition and go straight in the second knockout round. I will discuss that in the update during the second half of the season.

English Premier Division_ Manager Movements.png

No managerial changes affecting the chairman clubs yet. The fact that there have been only 3 changes in management so far is surprising.

January 2022 Update

Team Budgets

Arsenal - £17mil
Aston Villa - (-£29mil)
Bournemouth - (-£16mil)
Brentford - £38mil
Brighton - £300k
Burnley - (-£3mil)
Chelsea - £324mil - LiamCFC88
Everton - £2mil
Fulham - (-£600k)
Leicester - (-£9mil)
Liverpool - £71mil - Warringtini
Man City - £208mil - Mataa98
Man Utd - £212mil - andy_14clark
Newcastle - (-£37mil)
Sheff Utd - £16mil
Southampton - £13mil
Swansea - £700k - TheMaestro
Tottenham - £255mil
West Ham - (-£24mil)
Wolves - (-£90mil) - Reifi

Transfer Window

The transfer window is now open. The window will be open until Wednesday 15th April 6pm.

Game File

January 2022 Chairman Game

Poor start and not much room to maneuver in the window - going to have to rely on the squad and Steve Cooper to try to keep us up!