Chairman Game - The Premier League Edition

I'm just waiting to hear back from another manager then I'll have my January window transfers in @bcfc1

Man, wtf is this??
Summer tr. window 336M,spent only 10M for upgrades, and now 76M,and my manager also didnt made any big transfers

Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg

END OF 2019/20 SEASON REVIEW

1586354806593.png

We ended up the season finishing in 3rd place which means we were able to get ourselves back in to the champions league which is where we need to be. We are hoping to make a closer challenge for the title next year but we know Man City have a strong team and will need to upgrade the team in the summer to try and help achieve this.

1586354936146.png

Over the season we made quite a few signings. A lot of these were mainly for the future as I believe that we already have a strong team at the moment but just need a few tweaks. Most of these will be apart of the U23/18's for the time being. We were lacking in the AMR department so I brought in Chukwueze from Villareal to give us options. We have a lot of attacking players but none who prefer the AMR position. Later in the season we signed more young players but brought in two players on loan (Llorente should have been in July but was delayed). Looking over the team, they did not actually contribute much to the team to my disappointment but that is not my department.

1586355173958.png

Over the season we did not move many players at all There was a lot of players already out but would have preferred to move a few more. Matic was in his final year and at his age I wanted to move him on. The other player to leave permanently was Phil Jones who was not apart of the team and was wasted being our main partnership.

1586355343196.png

As chairman, I am extremely happy to get that first trophy under the belt with us winning the FA cup in a close final.

1586355519507.png

In the Europa league, we were unfortunately knocked out in the quarter final by fellow premier league team Tottenham who managed to get us on away goals. Disappointed to go out in this manor. Hopefully we can progress further next season in the champions league but it will be tougher.

Attachments

• 1586355343844.png
    1586355343844.png
    824.6 KB · Views: 54
1586355707393.png

JANUARY 2021 UPDATE

1586355775266.png

So we are at the half way stage and currently find ourselves in 5th. I am slightly disappointed with where we currently stand but I am happier considering how the season started out for us and glad we are now making strides forward.

1586355879701.png

I made 6 signings while Solskjaer made only two signing. Oyarzabal was his main signing spending big money on the Sociedad player. He also had a pre contract in place with Regulion from Real Madrid (I had him on my list of pre contracts last season so happy with this). I firstly signed James Rodriguez on a pre-contract from Real Madrid in the summer as well to play in the AMC role and looks like he is playing backup to Oyarzabal at present. As part of my summer signings, I went and made a move for Lamela who was transfer listed by Tottenham and thought he could play a great role in the AMR. But as you will see by the outgoings, he has been loaned straight out so I am quite disappointed. Gibbins and Reyna are you players that I am hoping get into the squad in the future. I did get beaten to one of my main young signings this window as I was outbid (Fabio Silva). My big signed was Max Aarons who was looking to leave Norwich this window so I moved to snap up the young RB for quite a substantial fee. He will give Wan-Bissaka a challenge this season. Lastly I saw Matuidi was a free agent so made a move to pick him up as I feel we need a bit more quality in the middle of the pitch.

1586356385409.png

Solskjaer was able to sell some players that I had been looking to move so quite happy with those. Dalot was the big one as we were able to ship him off for an initial £36m which recuperates more than half of what I paid for Aarons who has replaced him. McTominay was next to leave with Matuidi coming in as he moves to Real Sociedad and will be a decent replacement for Oyarzabal. Lingard was also another I was looking to move as I didn't think he would get much game time at this team. The rest of the players was just U23's who are moved out to get more game time.

1586356571715.png

It is great to see that we are still in the Carabao cup and have a tough game against Liverpool.

1586356652031.png

We begin the defence of our FA Cup with a home tie against Middlesbrough in the 3rd round. I reckon we should win this but the FA Cup has been known for quite a few shocks in the past.

1586356883143.png

Overall I am quite happy with how the team has been but I am hoping for a big push in the second half of the season. The fullbacks have been brilliant and good to see the Oyarzabal and Chukwueze are fitting in to the team well.

TRANSFER LIST:
Joel Pereira - 1m
Fred - 16m
Juan Mata - 2m
Alexis Sanchez - £5m

LOAN LIST:
Max Aarons
Daniel James
Mason Greenwood

So, it's going to certain that everyone is for sale. Ronaldo is the clear problem in transfers though I don't know how to fight the debt. DM for offers and I am going to pray I didn't make the wrong decision in signing all these players. Worst thing is we lost Nuno and I don't have the money to bring in a top tier manager.

Got 3 decent players for loan if anyone is interest. I think West Ham wanted to loan Greenwood, if this is still the case let me know and you can loan him for the rest of the season.

Anyone interested in Max Aarons, Daniel James, Sebastian Esposito or Mason Greenwood on koan? Still 40 minutes of the window to go. Just let me know asap

Also have Chris Smalling, Eric Bailly, Alexis Sanchez, Fred and Mata for sale. Just DM me if you are interested in anyone.

Transfer Window Closed

Liverpool - Warringtini

FGN - Jonas Taffarel - Olimpo U20's - Liverpool - £219k - £1.65k
FGN - Carlos Palacio - Boca U20's - Liverpool - £2.25mil - £6.3k

5000 seat upgrade for £12.5mil
All facilities upgraded by 1 for £10mil

Man Utd - andy_14clark

FGN - Josef Svancara - Slavia Prague - Man Utd - £800k - £975
FGN - Luiz Pedro - FLA - Man Utd - £600k - £3.9k
DOM - Shelby Johnson - Blackburn - Man Utd - £225k - £1.35k
DOM - Carl Allsop - Leicester - Man Utd - £10mil - £240
DOM - Martin White - Swansea - Man Utd - £340k - £1.35k
EXP - Gianluigi Donnarumma - Milan - Man Utd - n/a - £275k

Last edited:
End of January 2021 Update

Now that the January window is closed, lets check in on what has happened.

English Premier Division_ Transfers.png

Not many big deals coming this window with only one deal from this window making the first page of transfers. That deal is Chelsea signing Donny van de Beek from Ajax for £58mil. Chelsea are clearly looking to push up the table before the end of the season.

English Premier Division_ Stages-2.png

Just one more month into the season and a little has changed. The top 2 are still joint with each other as Man City and Liverpool fight for the title. Tottenham, Arsenal and Man Utd are still fighting out for the other 2 Champions League places. Chelsea are pushing up the table as they sit in 7th and are joint 6th. There is a big gap up to the top 5 but they will be hoping to make that up over the rest of the season. Wolves and West Ham are still fighting for safety towards the bottom but are in a much better place than they were earlier in the season.

April 2021 Update

Just 2 months of the season to go so lets check on how everything is going.

Man City have a slight advantage in the league as they lead Liverpool by 3 points. Tottenham are then another 3 points behind as they have left Arsenal and Man Utd behind and could maybe push for a title chase. Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea now find themselves in a 3 way race for the final remaining Champions League place. Arsenal are in the driving seat at the moment but any one of them could get that place by the end of the season. Wolves have clearly pushed away from the relegation zone now and look like they are going to finish in a comfortable mid table position. West Ham also look like they have pushed away from the relegation zone put will probably need one more win to make sure of it.

Carabao Cup_ Fixtures & Results.png

Somehow it has happened again but our chairman team has lost in the final of the League Cup to a team they would be expected to beat. Man Utd would have gone into the final has heavy favourites but it is Bournemouth who come out of the final lifting the trophy. It looked like a good game with both teams taking the lead at different times but it was Bournemouth who take the trophy.

English FA Cup_ Stages.png

The FA Cup is at the Semi-Final stage and there are two chairman teams left. Liverpool will face Brighton in the first tie while Chelsea face Bournemouth in the second tie. Both will hope to add the FA Cup to their trophy cabinet. On a side note, there is a chance that Bournemouth could win both domestic cups if they can fight their way to lift this trophy as well.

European Champions Cup_ Stages.png

The Champions League is at the quarter-final stage and all 3 English teams from the previous round still remain. Man Utd will now face PSG, Liverpool will face Atletico Madrid and Tottenham have Bayern Munich. This is already a lot better than last season when all English teams were out in the first knockout round. Hopefully we will get an English team lifting the trophy this season.

EURO Cup_ Stages.png

The Europa League is also at the quarter-final stages but we only have one English team left here. Wolves went out in the first knockout round to Lille but Man City are left flying the flag as they face Lyon in the next round. With the teams left in the competition, Man City will be looking to win the competition with maybe Dortmund providing the only real threat to this.

June 2021 Update

The season has now finished, so lets see who won what.

Liverpool lift the league title after putting together a great run of form and winning their final 5 games while Man City dropped points late on. Tottenham kept 3rd place, even after a poor end to the season and Man Utd took the last Champions League place. Arsenal and Chelsea have had to settle for qualifying for the Europa League and whatever that new one is called. I have no idea. If anyone does then let me know. Slightly further down the table and Wolves and West Ham both secured mid table finishes pretty comfortably by the end. They will be hoping for much more successful seasons next time.

English FA Cup_ Fixtures & Results.png

Bournemouth have to be in the argument for having the most successful season as they add the FA Cup to their League Cup from earlier in the season. Incredibly, both chairman teams lost their semi-finals to Brighton and Bournemouth and then Bournemouth won the final on penalties. In 2 seasons, our chairman teams have only won 1 out of the 4 possible domestic cups.

European Champions Cup_ Fixtures & Results.png

Man Utd win the big European trophy as they beat Real Madrid in the final on penalties. It looked like we had a good chance of a chairman team winning the competition and in the end Man Utd were able to make sure that it happened.

EURO Cup_ Fixtures & Results.png

On to the Europa League and we have a chairman team winning this one as well. Man City would have felt unlucky to not get through the group stages in the Champions League after getting 10 points but finishing 3rd, but the fact that they drop into the Europa League and have gone on to win the competition should be adequate consolation.

Competition Winners

Premier League - Liverpool
League Cup - Bournemouth
FA Cup - Bournemouth
Champions League - Man Utd
Europa League - Man City

How are Newcastle doing in the championship?

They ended up winning the league and will be back in the Premier League next season. I haven't heard anything from their chairman though so they will be available to anyone.

Absolutely delighted to somehow win the League!

July 2021 Update

First of all, I haven't heard back from any of the chairman that I posted about at the start of the season so all of them have been removed from their teams. If you are interested in joining the game then let me know and you can take any currently available team.

Team Budgets

Arsenal - £126mil
Aston Villa - (-£10mil)
Bournemouth - (-£5mil)
Brentford - £23mil
Brighton - £5mil
Burnley - £18mil
Chelsea - £351mil - LiamCFC88
Everton - £52mil
Fulham - (-£2mil)
Leicester - £65mil
Liverpool - £282mil - Warringtini
Man City - £271mil - Mataa98
Man Utd - £351mil - andy_14clark
Newcastle - (-£40mil)
Sheff Utd - £600k
Southampton - £40mil
Swansea - £43mil - TheMaestro
Tottenham - £251mil
West Ham - £3mil - victorhugo4222
Wolves - (-£29mil) - Reifi

Manager Movements

Manager Movement.png

Both West Ham and Wolves sacked their managers in the second half of the season. For both chairman, you have 3 options. You can either reinstate your previous manager for no fee, keep the manager the in game chairman decided to bring in, or find a new manager to bring in. Let me know which one you are interested in doing. If I don't hear anything then I will leave it with the in game decision of the manager.

Transfer Window

The transfer window is now open. The window will remain open until Sunday 12th April 6pm.

Game File

Chairman Game Summer 2021

Last edited:
Hopefully we can drum up some interest in this. And is that wolves balance after the Ronaldo adjustment? If so they’ve done a great job recovering that.

And so chuffed to win the champions league :)

Thank you BCFC for running this. Still considering taking a team? I think if you want to take part, you maybe could try playing around with the bottom teams and see if you can work your magic for a challenge?

And any idea if the person who wanted Swansea is still joining?

Hopefully we can drum up some interest in this. And is that wolves balance after the Ronaldo adjustment? If so they’ve done a great job recovering that.

And so chuffed to win the champions league :)

Thank you BCFC for running this. Still considering taking a team? I think if you want to take part, you maybe could try playing around with the bottom teams and see if you can work your magic for a challenge?

And any idea if the person who wanted Swansea is still joining?

That is after the Ronaldo money came off. I imagine they made a lot of money from sponsorship and European money.

I'm still not sure on joining the game myself. I don't think I will have enough time to do both things properly.

Can I take Swansea now please? Thank you.

No problem. I will add you to Swansea. Feel free to post your takeover post and start looking at transfers.

Is there any change in transfer rules or not? I mean number of fgn transfers and x3 value+ x3 wage?

Is there any change in transfer rules or not? I mean number of fgn transfers and x3 value+ x3 wage?

I'm not planning on any changes for this window. I only consider changes to the game if I get multiple comments/complaints from people about it. I haven't got that yet so transfer rules will stay as they are for now.