Chairman Game - The Premier League Edition

bcfc1

Reaction score
Chairman Game – The Premier League Edition

EVEN IF YOU HAVE PLAYED A CHAIRMAN GAME BEFORE, PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS FIRST POST ON THE THREAD TO FAMILIARISE YOURSELF WITH HOW I WILL RUN A CHAIRMAN GAME!

What is a chairman game?

For those who don't know what a chairman game is, it's essentially a game where people become the chairmen of clubs in one league, and they become responsible for setting budgets, changing managers, making key transfers, and managing certain aspects of the club. Everybody who takes part will run their changes through me, I will confirm when/if they are OK and edit them into the game, and then that chairman can announce what they have done in the thread via a "Press Release".

To play, you must meet the following criteria

1) You MUST have a copy of Football Manager 2020. This is because I will be running my game on this game so you need the same version to ensure that transfers are done correctly.

2) You MUST be able to regularly come onto this site and check the thread for updates.

3) You MUST contribute. Please don't sign up to play and then never post or respond to anyone's messages...there may be someone on the waiting list who wants to play and will be active!

Updates

My plan will be to give 3 or 4 days for updates and transfers to be done and to then spend a day implementing transfers and then simming forward. It should mean we get through a season every week roughly. This may be quicker or slower depending on my own work so at the start of every transfer window I will announce when it closes.

General Rules

1) You may sack your manager after any update. Doing so will require you pay the remainder of their contract in full (will discuss fee’s for this down below)

2) Manager transfers are first come first serve.

If your manager gets sacked - If this happens the owner will get the choice on the next appointment or keeping their current manager. They can't poach another players manager but can buy them similar to a C2C deal if both managers can agree a fee!

3) You can set your transfer & wage budgets to whatever you like, (for your AI manager)

4) Facilities may be upgraded at any time, however at a cost:

2,500,000 per 1,000 seating increase, Max of 5,000 a season
2,500,000 for a minor improvement to your youth system.
2,500,000 for a minor improvement to your training facilities.
2,500,000 for a minor improvement to your Junior Coaching.
2,500,000 for a minor improvement to your Youth recruitment.

5) INACTIVITY WARNING

If you go through a whole season without any posts etc. I will message you before the final table update and a failure to reply will lead to you losing your team and that club becoming available to other managers.

Transfer rules

This is the format I want transfers to be sent to me with a couple of examples

Type – Player – Current Club – New Club – Fee – Wage

C2C – Jamie Vardy – Leicester – Arsenal - £30mil - £140k
FGN – Lionel Messi – Barcelona – Man Utd - £219mil - £3.6mil

If transfers are not sent in this format then I will not note them down. This may sound strict but it can take hours to go through all the transfers sent in and correct them if they are not sent in properly, so I do this to make sure the game runs quickly.

I have put all the rules on transfers in to one table to make it easier to look at. If anything is not clear then let me know and I can clarify it.

Type​
Max allowed​
Minimum Fee​
Wage​
Decision​
2nd Decision​
C2C​
No Limit​
TBD​
x1​
None​
None​
DOM​
3​
x2 value*​
x2*​
Fee​
Fin last season​
FGN​
2​
x3 value*​
x3*​
Fee​
Fin last season​
FREE​
1​
N/A​
TBD​
Wage​
Fin last season​
EXP​
1​
N/A​
TBD​
Wage​
Fin last season​
MGR​
1​
Rep x2mil​
Editor​
FCFS​
MGR FREE​
1​
None​
Editor​
FCFS​

TBD - To be decided by you
FCFS - First Come First Serve
Rep x2 - Star reputation x 2mil. e.g. 4star manager is 4 x 2mil = 8mil
Editor - When I move a manager, the editor changes their wages. Whatever it changes it to is what I will leave their wage to be
* - If the player is transfer listed then the minimum fee is the transfer listed price and the wages are x1

Anything else that isn't clear let me know and I will try to clear up.

Loans

Each club will be allowed 2 loan signings per season at 100% of the players wages.
If you are loaning from a non-chairman club, the player must be loan listed in the game.

Club Budgets - Summer 2020

Arsenal - Nathwalker - £163mil
Aston Villa - (-£7mil)
Bournemouth - £18mil
Brighton - £6mil
Burnley - £24mil
Chelsea - LiamCFC88 - £386mil
Everton - £58mil
Fulham - (-£14mil)
Leicester - £8mil
Liverpool - Warringtini - £117mil
Man City - Mataa98 - £336mil
Man Utd - andy_14clark - £434mil
Norwich - £41mil
Nottm Forest - (-£8mil)
Southampton - £33mil
Swansea - £5mil
Tottenham - Disclaimer89 - £256mil
Watford - £16mil
West Ham - victorhugo4222 - £29mil
Wolves - Reifi - £80mil

Newcastle - Peeptm - £93mil

Game File

Chairman Game Summer 2019

Last edited:
Are teams assigned or is it first come first serve?

I'll take Liverpool if no top 6 Everton based on what the protocol is

Last edited:
Man City for me but i think its better to lock top 6 teams like last year

I hadn't planned on locking out the top 6 and just having this as an open chairman game to every club in the Premier League. Should mean we get more domestic transfers C2C transfers with the smaller clubs buying off of the bigger clubs which is something that was missing last time.

I have added the game file to the first post in the thread so that those already joined can start planning out their transfers if they wish.

I have added everyone to their respective clubs on the first post. I plan on leaving this open for people to join for one more day and then making a start with however many people are in the game.

There are not as many people involved as I would have hoped so I'm going to leave it open for anyone to join for another day or so before we start running the game.

Just to ask, there is no U18 transfers, like double their value? And what about transfer listed players, can you buy them for what they are listed for? Would there wage be the same or still x2/x3 times depending if they are dom/fgn?

Just to ask, there is no U18 transfers, like double their value? And what about transfer listed players, can you buy them for what they are listed for? Would there wage be the same or still x2/x3 times depending if they are dom/fgn?

U18 do not have their own category. They will be part of any DOM or FGN transfers and use the same rules to sign them.

I hadn't thought about transfer listed players. I think it is fair that you pay the listed price and that the wages stay the same. I will add this in to the original post.

U18 do not have their own category. They will be part of any DOM or FGN transfers and use the same rules to sign them.

I hadn't thought about transfer listed players. I think it is fair that you pay the listed price and that the wages stay the same. I will add this in to the original post.

Think that’s fair for transfer listed players. So is it ok to have Man Utd or Wolves?

I missed that post. I have added your name to Man Utd.

I’ve have just noticed someone above wanting United before me. Not sure what you want to do but I’m easy. Although £393m to spend would be nice haha.

I’ve have just noticed someone above wanting United before me. Not sure what you want to do but I’m easy. Although £393m to spend would be nice haha.

They messaged me privately to let me know they can no longer take part in the game. So Man Utd are yours.