Challenge...Chat :/

Gregor

like a (super) mod
Reaction score
Discuss in here how you're doing, who you've signed etc.

Well Ive just pulled this straight from the other thread because i dint see this thread :bigeyes:

So whos everyone brought in? The transfer window has just closed and ive got:

Pavel Pardo (DM) £7m
Daniel Sturridge (ST) Loan
Victor Anichebe (ST) Loan
Petri Pasanen (DC) £6.25m
Ignacio Camacho (DM) Loan

Huntelaar and Suarez are out for between 2 and 3 months so thats why i brought in emergency cover, finding im having to pay ridiculous amounts for strikers though :?

I'll start this tomorrow I think. Try and plough through it as quickly as possible not gonna bother fiddling with the squad too much.

Well Ive just pulled this straight from the other thread because i dint see this thread :bigeyes:

Don't worry this thread was created after you posted :)

I'm In December already, lost twice in the league, In UEFA group stages, won the super cup, still in the FA Cup.

Ive spent 38m, Sold 10m

Downloading the database now, gonna start tonight some time.

spent 25m mostly on young players and my 2 main buys are Mathieu from Toulouse for 5m and Pandev for 15m

will start this time next week when i move to uni

I was tempted with Pandev but didnt wanna spend 13m

Wow Victor Anichebe 7 in 7 - avg rating 7.71 - I did not think he would do this well :D

Nice, to be fair it is the eredivisie ;)

Transfer window just shut.

I spent all my cash on;

Sankhare - 900k Compensation.
San Roman - 22k
Esparza - 2.5m
Spiranovic - 200k
Leonardo - £3m

Have sent all these to my affiliate club.

Then for my team i bought;

Stancu - 3m
Saivet - 3m (Can't send out on loan yet)
Fazio - 5m (Was getting close to end of window, needed so offered what i thought would be accepted immediately)
Doyle - Desperation Purchase - 8.75m.

Right before the end of the window i made a few more loan signings;

Sarki
Anichebe
De La Red
Ched Evans
Tony Kroos

Don't expect to use any apart from De La Red, much.

Last edited:
Ok so I've just started this. Put in a board request for more money so they gave me a nice £25m to spend on players, as soon as I went to try buy someone it had all disappeared so I was back down to £5m. Stupid game. :(

So far I've brought in...

• Federico Fazio - £4.1m
  • David N'Gog - Loan
  • Diego Buonanotte - £425k *edit* nevermind choose Livorno instead.

Just played my first league game of the season, beat De Graafschap 4-0 with a 39 second wonder strike from Stekelenburg to beat his opposite number.

Last edited:
If you mean work permits no i don't think they do and no limits to loans either :D

i've never had wp issue's. I plan on playing this alot today

i beat PSV 7-4 :S in the super cup then Willem II 1-0 with a last min winner in the league so not sure how i will do.

Yeah im just into december and found the team to be very inconsistent, or that might just be me because thats been my downfall on fm 08. I went 14 unebaten then lost to PSV and Utrecht and drew with Atletico, so im not doing that well, 4th in the league i think.

Oh yeah and Anichebe has dried up, 1 in 7 now haha

I'm only 2 league games in. Won both. Scored 5 conceeded 0. Hopefully will keep plenty of clean sheets as I'm playing quite conservatively and trying to get teams to attack me so I can counter them.

My Transfers

In
Obafemi Martins (Newcastle) £11.75m
Gaetano D'Agostino (Udinese) £4.5m
Jeremy Mathieu (Toulouse) £3.7m
Cicero (Fluminese) £2.7m
Gregory Proment (Caen) £2.5m

Out
Nicolai Mitea (Catania) £2.7m + 40%

You've doen well with who you've got in Sean but D'Agostino was awful for me with Udinese

Oh well hopefully he does alright for me :(