Champions League Final 2009/10 - Inter Milan v Bayern Munich

That final was the worst of the decade as we would expect more goals, but this was an epic match on the tactic spot. Two of the best managers worldwide(or, if you want, the student Mourinho and the teacher Van Gaal) were faced each other. Mourinho showed he was a nerd with van Gaal besides him, and he played with the most succesful tactic, reminding old-fashioned football.Tonight he showed why he is the best manager in the world. Well done to him and Inter.

"That final was the worst of the decade as we would expect more goals"
You should never expect a lot of goals when an Italian team is involved, they score then play a 9-1

That final was the worst of the decade as we would expect more goals

It was the worst of the decade because of a lack of goals? 4 other finals this decade have had 2 goals or less in them - Bayern 1-1 Valencia 2000-01, Milan 0-0 Juventus 2002-03, Manchester United 1-1 Chelsea 2007-08, and last years final, Barcelona 2-0 Manchester United.

the student Mourinho and the teacher Van Gaal

Bobby Robson was seen as Mourinho's "teacher", as Mourinho was his translator at Barcelona, not Van Gaal. If you're talking about the age difference, surely Jose is well-established enough to be considered a great manager in his own right and not an understudy to someone else just because they're older.

Mourinho showed he was a nerd with van Gaal besides him

Nerd? How? Because he was taking notes? Don't see how that makes him a "nerd" to be honest.

Is mourinho going to Madrid really a good idea?
i mean the fans will probably want him out after a season
as he doesn't play the type of football Madrid fans want to see or Madrid players play.

Is mourinho going to Madrid really a good idea?
i mean the fans will probably want him out after a season
as he doesn't play the type of football Madrid fans want to see or Madrid players play.

If he wins the treble, I doubt they shall give a **** about how he wins it :)

you'd be suprised. this is a club who got rid of capello after he won the league cos he was too boring. and decided not to the renew the contract of their most sucessful manager in recent history becasue he didnt like them interfering with the team citing "he wasnt good enough"

as true as that is,
he won''t be able to get Madrid to play how he wants, they have to many attacking players :S
and tbh, i can't see them breaking Barca's dominance.

I found the game pretty boring but Mourinho is not known for champagne football, his are usually a bit robust and aggressive like Don Revie's Leeds, they don't always play fairly which was displayed today after a number of challenges on Arjen Robben. A great win for Inter though, poor defending by Bayern for the first goal though, it was such a simple move but Milito's execution was exquisite. Even with pocession, Bayern really failed to break Inter down and even if they did have Ribery, I don't think they could of won the game.

you'd be suprised. this is a club who got rid of capello after he won the league cos he was too boring. and decided not to the renew the contract of their most sucessful manager in recent history becasue he didnt like them interfering with the team citing "he wasnt good enough"

The league isnt the treble.

To be honest, since the L'pool vs Milan final all the ones after that haven't been that great to watch.
But I found this one better than last years one for sure.

How Cambiasso and Zanetti aren't in the Argie team is beyond me. Despite his age, Zanetti is still a quality player and great leader and Cambiasso, well he is an absolute tank.

I wonder where Mourinho went after the match, it looks certain he will be at Madrid next year but it's more than just winning at a club like Madrid.

To be honest, since the L'pool vs Milan final all the ones after that haven't been that great to watch.

How Cambiasso and Zanetti aren't in the Argie team is beyond me. Despite his age, Zanetti is still a quality player and great leader and Cambiasso, well he is an absolute tank.

I wonder where Mourinho went after the match, it looks certain he will be at Madrid next year but it's more than just winning at a club like Madrid.

Maradona is mad, Cambiasso is clearly better than Javier Mascherano as well, Zanetti is one of the most experienced and versatile players around, the only solution must be that they have fallen out with Maradona.

Maradona. Mentalist. Drugs. Etc.

The league isnt the treble.
you miss the point. mourinho isnt likely to win the treble off the bat, and his style is not as pleasing on the eye as real might want. capello could have delievered the treble in his next season but we willl never know because they sacked him.

I was ****** off about Inter / Mourinho's victory :/

But really happy about Diego Milito.