Chasing Acceptance - A Clark_Messi Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark_Messi

"Football is everything"
Reaction score
Diego Maradona

The name itself sparks a reaction to anyone who has ever kicked a ball. Arguably the best footballer in the history of the beautiful game, his genious and ability have always been shrouded in controversy.

maradona_worldcup_argentina.jpg

The prodical son of Argentina was born in Lanus on the outskirts of Buenos Aires. While playing for his local team at aged ten he was spotted by a talent scout and moved to the junior team of Argentinos Juniors. He would amuse the spectators of Argentinos Juniors at half time of games at the age of twelve, with his dazzling skills etc. He made his Juniors debut at the age of fifteen, making him the youngest player in the leagues history, and played for five years at the club before making a £1 million transfer in 1981 to Boca Juniors, where he won his first medal, as Boca won the league in 1982. Interestingly Maradona could have been applying his trade for Sheffield utd but Juniors rejected their bid.

MARADONA.JPG.jpeg

Maradona made his international debut against Hungary at the age of sixteen. His first world wide fame was when he made his world cup debut for his native Argentina where he scored two goals but was sent off in a defeat to arch rivals Brazil, making him a villain in the eyes of the country for a few years, however his next world Cup would make him a hero.....
His performances at that world cup caught the attention of the world's best and he was transferred to Spanish giants Barcelona,
In his time at Bracelona he won the Copa Del Ray and the Sper Cup. However his time in Spain was plagued by disappointment, first with the news of hepatitis and then with a broken leg which jeporadized his career, but his physical and mental willpower pushed him to overcome the trials and he became fully fit.

Maradona-in-Barca-wallpaper-5-307x497.jpg

His partying lifestyle threatened his career at Barcelona and as he grew more disalussioned with life there he handed in a transfer request. He made his move to Italian outfit Napoli where his true light shined and the world saw his brilliance. Maradona single handedly led Napoli to it's most successful period in it's history. He became a hero and he was labelled the best player in the club's history. He won the Balon'dor twice and World player of the year.
However his personal troubles started to unfold here and his cocain abuse increased. He was fined for missing matches and claims over an illegitament son dampened his reputation.

maradona-napoli-online-1.jpg

Maradona's finest hour came at the 1986 world Cup where he single handedly took Argentina to the cup, cementing his place as the best player in the world at the time, scoring what is regarded as one of the, if not the best, goal ever, dribbling past most of the England team and in the same game scoring one of the most contreversial goals ever when he puched the ball into the net.

diego_maradona.jpg

Unfortunately his career and reputation went rapidly downhill and his drug abuse became worse and worse, including being banned from the 1990 World Cup for use of a banned substance. He reached rock bottom when a terribly obese Diego Maradona created a riot at an airport in Buenos Aires. His footballing career finished with stints at Seville, Newall Old Boys and an emotional return to Boca Juniors where he is still regarded as godlike. However, Maradona turned around his life, lost weight and became the manager of the Argentinian national team. Critics heaily doubted Maradona's ability to cope with the media pressure and managerial ability, which was proved right when Argentina crashed out of the 2010 World Cup after a less than impressive qualification campaign. Maradona parted company with Argentina and his managerial career is currently lying in pieces, a failure.

_45222235_maradona_pa.jpg

Just a quick history on Diego Maradona, the next update will be more about the story.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Please comment and tell me what you think.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the next update about the story.

sky-news-logo-rectangular-450x101.jpg

The breaking news coming in this hour is that Diego Maradona has been arrested in Buenos Aires for the possession of Class-A narcotics. The Argentinian who has been out of a job since his departure from football management and as many feared it seems he has gone back to his drug abusing days. Maradona will appear in court in three days to decide his fate. The Argertinian hero has refused to comment.

SpeakOutHelenFospero.jpg

Same title as Ed's but in English no? Good luck anyway, are you still doing Ross's story?

Same title as Ed's but in English no? Good luck anyway, are you still doing Ross's story?

Really, are you sure?
I'll change the name if it is.
And yes I am

Last edited:
la poursuite du bonheur or summat = the persuit of happiness in french.. you may not need to, better off asking him.

la poursuite du bonheur or summat = the persuit of happiness in french.. you may not need to, better off asking him.

I've asked a mod to change it
Thanks for the heads up,
will you be involved in Eds new story mate?

OK mate, no worries, looks good btw, good luck, hope you can juggle two stories (and escape the mod's notice!)
And: No comment.

I don't need to say good luck cause all your story's are great
Hope this time it won't happen like the West Ham

I looked up at the judge with his beady eyes, looking at me as if I am not as good as him. I am as good as him. I'm regretting the drugs already. It was a terrible idea. I wonder how many chances they'll give me. Last time was apparently my last chance. Hopefully Carlos [my lawyer] can get me off with it. God I hope so. I'd be screwed in jail. Looking at the audience in the court I realized there was little pity for me. No family. That saddens me. They have all left me. Fortunately I don't need them.

The proceedings went quite well, Carlos was fantastic and I thought I'd get off with it for sure. Then a majestic acting performance from me, including such classics as "I'm a changed man" and "The stress just got to me", loooked certain to earn my freedom. Here we go.

"Diego Armando Maradona, I see that you have changed and this was a slip up from a career set back and I will understand that and you will not be given a sentence in jail"
Yessssss
"However, to keep you from relapsing again I rule that you must find an occupation within two weeks. I reccomend a job in football considering your history and reseme. Case dismissed".

Oh no. not more of this ****. I'm disalussioned with the game. I don't want another role in football. Then again, I'm definetely not doing anything else. Ughh. So I guess football is the only option. But ****, where am I going to find a job in two weeks, certainly it aint' going to be a big club unless theres a miracle. I'll look for available jobs tomorrow, maybe after a quick party tonight. Opening the door to the court and feeling the fresh air hit my face I caught sight and heard what must have been a hundred commoners, chanting my name, with supporting banners. "Someone still loves me" I though as I got into the back seat of a Mercedes F class and I was sped away.

439x.jpg

Maradona tiered of football?:O

I think he is.
He was after his playing days and was only interested in partying etc which is why he became fat.
I doubt in real llife he'll get into football again any time soon.
Thanks for following btw

sky-sports-logo.gif

Boca Hire Maradona

NatalieSawyer04.JPG

Yes the news coming out of Aregntina is that former Argentina manager and Balon'Dor winner Diego Maradona has signed for Boca. The twist is that it is not Boca Juniors where he is worshipped. He has signed a contract with second tier side Boca Unidos. The reasonably unknown side were looking for a manager and given Maradona's recent court ruling it was "benefitial to both parties" as Unidos put it in a statement made earlier. Maradona's first press confrence will take place tomorrow where he will meet the press, players and get to know his way around the club. Maradona has been labelled by the Argentina press as "A failure of a manager" and dounts remain everywhere in the country. However Maradona has said that he is not a failure and he will prove the critics wrong.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

As I walked throught the shabby halls of this run down club I didn't at all miss the nice, air conditioned halls of the FA building. That had just been one big disaster and anything was better than that. Besides, it reminded me of my childhood, growing up in one of the many run down areas of Buenos Aires. To be honest after my childhood in that setting I had never got used to the expensive, flashy lifestyle that I found myself in, truth be told it made me uncomfortable. Turning the corner I was greeted by my new chairman. "Diego, how are you? Are you nervous?" he asks without giving me time to answer the first question. "I don't get nervous, but you seem a bit on edge." "Yes well I'm not used to this media attention, but I'll be fine, now get out there and meet the press".

2309742807_9dae52cacf.jpg

The press room looked recently refurbished and done up, for the image of the club when the media came I guess. As I emerged from the left of the room I was greeted with a small applause and whisers.
"The press confrence can begin".

"Diego, how does it feel to go from national team manager to this second tier club"

Good. I enjoy the realism here and I am happy to be back in day-to-day management. This club may not mean a lot to me now, but I'm sure it will end up with a special place in my heart after success.

You said to the press just three weeks ago that you hated managing and you'd never do it again.

I must have been drunk. Next.

How do you think supporters will take to you knowing that you are court ordered to be here and don't really care about the club.

That is a completely unfair statement. I am court ordered to be at a club. And I chose this one and I'm sure success will bring the supporters and myself together.

What about the structure of the club. Will you make any changes?

There is not a lot of money to spend. I will try to get a couple of loans in but apart from that I have no current plans for transfers, although that will probably change once I get a reading on the ability of the players.

How long do you expect to be here, given that your court order is for 191 days?

191 days. <laughs> No I joke. I want to bring success, whether that is long term or short term success will be achieved.

How can you be assured of that?

"Because I'm the best."
I got up and left. That should give them something to write about. Now to meet the players. I was shown through more shabby halls which I feel accustomed to already and into a dressing room where a group of nervous looking boys awaited. I introduced myself, asserted my authority while at the same time I like to think I bonded with them and I'm sure we'll have some banter. I'm that type of guy. First training session went well. Light training and 5-aside games to get started and so I can see their footballing ability. I'll be honest, they don't look that special. Tactics will have to be spot on for success to be achieved. I need some signings, but from where. I guess I'll enquire about loans.

soccer-practice.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:11 PM ----------

What do you think?
I though going Boca Juniors would be too easy so .....
Please comment

This is great stuff- like all your stories- check mie out c what you think...

PyGOF.png

Pre season

Today when I woke up I felt something I hadn't felt in a long time. I was excited. I wanted to go to work. I can go and do what I want. I'm in charge of this team, it's mine and I'll do right by it, taking it to the top. However that may prove to be difficult. The finances arn't so good. Still better than a lot, we may only be worth £1.2 million but at least ther is no debt. As you can imagine that meant not a lot of money to spend. I would have to rely on loans and freebies. It was going to be hard but not impossible.

After watching my team hold firm against first division side Colon, I thought maybe I didn't need many signings. The next game changed my views completely.....
A 2-0 defeat against a non league side highlighted the need for new arrivals and more quality. That's where my transfer delving comes into play. Let me introduce my new stars.

First up Angel. This is what I consider to be a fantastic piece of business as we secure the Spaniard who spent most of his career at tenerife on a free. I think he will be essential to our sttacking options.

21FOq.jpg

More nice freebies continue with versatile Michael Dingsdag starting us off. He is by far the best defender at the club now and in my opinion the league.

f7VOT.jpg

The other player that I feel I must share his ability with you is new midfield maestro Anderson who we again picked up on a free.

yjZyy.jpg

He will be the Mikel Arteta of my club.

Here is a list of all other transfers so far :

ZPfOJ.jpg

I found it quite funny how Jakupovic's club wanted £1 for him, symbolic I guess. I think my team now possesses the quality to see off most teams in the league. I am being very ambitious and I want to be in the Premier Liga next season. At this point in time I have no plans to boulster the squad further but anything can happen...

The rest of pre-season went very well, winning four out of five, I'll forget that humiliating defeat against the non-league club. I was even more ambitious, perhaps wired to the moon as they say as I tries to sign Rafael Sobis and Mark Viduka, using my cunning persuasion skills.....it failed.

Now I'm looking forward immensly to the start of the season, I really believe we can win the league.

Sorry the update was not in the usual perspective as much as I'd like, I just wanted to introduce my new players an so on.
Please comment on your opinion on the transfers and any reccomendations on transfers and staff are welcome.
Thanks.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:50 PM ----------

gF2ZT.png

Disasterous start

As I showed the 4-4-2 journalist out of my new penthouse condo in the middle of the city, I wondered what he thought of my continual arrogance during the course of the interview. His perfectly innocent questions had turned into what I thought was personal attacks at the end when he asked questions ranging from my illegitament son to my great rivalry and what is turning into hate for my Brazilian counterpart Pele. Oh well, every time he made, what I felt was a questionable statement or question I had a host of things to remark about him, starting from his bright yellow tie with purple lining to his glasses the width of a football park. However he had the better material to work with in this personal battle after my first month in charge of Unidos.....

I had been so confident, sure we could even win the league. Then I got the shock of my life, as I find myself bottom of the league after the first month. I don't know what happened. Sure we had injuries in some games but that didn't change the fact that we were pretty dire. it was like watching five year olds on occasions. There are only two players that I didn't give a rolicking to and that was fans favourite Cardenas and new signing Dingsdag. They were playinh pretty well in a dismal team. But enough, here are the results.

42QhG.png
Fd5Dl.png
nW14i.png
ux6vV.png
KtWiJ.png

I didn't know what to expect from the team's and I had no idea who the good teams were and the teams we were expected to win, so I just decided to expect all wins, which did not turn out as you are about to see....

VsY9M.jpg

Terrible, just terrible. But before I do exile all my players I must remember that I did just create a new team and it will take time to gel. Hopefully my new stars, who by the way are more than capable of winning, can show their ability next month and we can climb the table. The absolute most disappointing thing is that in a formation with three strikers we have only scored one goal in five games which is unaccaetable. Rami got out only goal. And here is our league position.

ULlL3.jpg

Rock bottom with nerry a win in sight. Next month better be better. Now it is not only about not going to jail, now I am determined to do right by this team. This club deserves it. They put their faith in me and I will re pay them. As I said, next month better bring good results and goals.

It's deadline day and I don't know if I should quickly try and get a couple of new players in or have faith in my new players. I better decide soon with less than twenty-four hours to complete the deal. Another bad month for Diego Maradona.

Status
Not open for further replies.