Ched Evans Jailed

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you fail to society you must pay, no matter who you are

I'd say Evans career is pretty much over which is a shame, and i'm not sure how the other fella got off with nothing.

He'll tet off on appeal. All sounds very suspect in the bbc write up.

How convenient. Dons have Sheff United tomorrow, what are Sheff United without their top scorer? :)

How convenient. Dons have Sheff United tomorrow, what are Sheff United without their top scorer? :)

about 20 points worse off i think i saw someone put.

Glad he's gone down, not because i support Wednesday but because no matter who you are you should be put in prison for doing things like this. Not sure how the other one got off though ?

I am in no position to slate him as I support Birmingham who have Marlon King playing well and I cheer when he scores. If it is 5 years I suspect his only football career when he gets out will be conference, scottish 2nd/3rd division and possibly league 2 if he is lucky. It is a terrible thing to do and this should be the least of his worries as he is convicted. One thing I will say though is I am always sceptical (not really in this case) when a girl comes out and claims someone with money and some fame raped her.

I am kinda sceptical for the same reason as Brian but I also read an article (which was probably bullshit) somewhere that the girl didn't even know who had raped her. As I said it was probably bullshit but it does sound fishy. If it turns out to be true then he deserves it but I'm still not so sure.

He'll serve around 2 and half years anyway!

He will be able to play football again, but it shouldnt be allowed.

I'm sorry but some Wednesday fans have gone beyond a joke on Facebook with statuses taunting the fact he's gone down. I hope some of em realise they are celebrating a rape. ******* idiots. I don't think I've ever hated them as much as I have done over the cause of this season.

Having followed the case on twitter I was almost certain he would get off. Her case was full of holes but then again I don't know the full story following on twitter.

All this bollocks about us being worse off without Ched is just Wednesday's excuse for being 4 points worse off than us. Best thing for us is to get behind the team tomorrow at MK. Would be so glad if we get promoted tomorrow as it would shout the grunters reyt up.

about 20 points worse off i think i saw someone put.

Glad he's gone down, not because i support Wednesday but because no matter who you are you should be put in prison for doing things like this. Not sure how the other one got off though ?

We'll beat them for ya pal ;) .... Mainly cos that would be Evans's biggest piece of bad news, he could potentially lose his team promotion :S

deserved it. lee hughes raped someone and nothing seems to be done about it.

Being a lawyer in Canada I see cases like this all the time. To be honest with you this will be appealed and Evens will probably get nothing more than a slap on the wrist - However it is unlikely that he'll play any further part in the current season. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him kitting up this time next year at the earliest.

From what I've read about the case Evans was a bit of an idiot for admitting that he had *** with her - She had no real idea who had *** with her and if she was as they say "drunk beyond the ability to apply consent" then how on earth was she sober enough to know that Evans was the one who had *** with her.

How the other guy got away scott free is beyond me - If one is going to go down for basically the same reasoning the other should be guilty of the same crime - It is for that reason that I see Evans winning his appeal.

I do not and am not celebrating rape in anyway shape of form. I am just stating my opinion on the outcome and the overall process of the legal system. I work for a defense attorney and I deal with rapers, murders, and petty criminals on a daily basis. It's a shock to many people how sly these people can be and I believe that it is despicable. However it is my job to give these 'criminals' a fair trial and if the prosecution is going to make glaring mistakes in their case I am going to exploit them. I wouldn't be good at my job if I couldn't. It is my honest belief that all criminals should feel the whole wrath of the law - but to face that wrath they must stand a chance to a fair and righteous trail and it is my believe that they should be represented wholeheartedly.

Last edited:
Apparently the reason that the other bloke managed to get off was because she had consented to him earlier on, as they were in the hotel room, then Evans joined them and he didn't have consent.

Apparently the reason that the other bloke managed to get off was because she had consented to him earlier on, as they were in the hotel room, then Evans joined them and he didn't have consent.

That is mental - Consent as it stands must be present during the entire action. If the girl then became too intoxicated during the act from the first man then the consent no longer stands. There is no such thing or such thing as implied or advance consent. To get down the grit of it even in marriages there is still no instances of implied consent - About 3 months ago there was a husband (now ex-husband) sentenced here in Canada to sexual assault because his wife would fall asleep during *** he would stop but then continue a few moments later. During one of these instances the wife woke up and cried rape - Nasty stuff really.

I am not condoning this kind of behavior at all, but for me this is not rape. To me rape is a violent sexual attack. this is not, she knows what happens when you drink to much alcohol ( you get drunk ). So she is just as much to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.