Chelsea 7-0 Stoke

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 84
  • Views Views 4K
They won't 'take Stoke to the cleaners'. Chelsea have no John Terry tomorrow, and will be under pressure to get a result. Stoke are under no pressure, they're guaranteed Premier League football next season so they can just go out and play their game. Without Terry at those long throws, and long balls they could struggle defensively.

Im sorry, what was that?

this was the first season in 5 years we havent made it to atleast the semi's??? people do have very short memories.

no, i was talking about this season. Inter outplayed you, even though i rate Chelsea as a better team.

no, i was talking about this season. Inter outplayed you, even though i rate Chelsea as a better team.

yer i admit inter played well against us, but i believe their best player was mourinho over the two legs he knows chelsea inside out and got everything tacticly spot on.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

a prediction have you ever made a wrong one?

oh wait yes

but in all fairness theirs wrong and then their this lol.

They outplayed us in the 2nd leg, true. If you watched the 1st leg then you would have seen that we were the better team and should have won comfortably.

Why are you bringing Inter into this anyway? The thread is Chelsea v Stoke.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

a prediction have you ever made a wrong one?

oh wait yes

Lol a prediction?

A prediction doesn't consist of someone saying they won't do something, it's more of a statement. The fact that I saw him argueing about how all the pressure will definately get to Chelsea was an indication of that's what he thought would definately happen.

He was wrong, and hopefully he will learn to not to make such statements next time.

Lol a prediction?

A prediction doesn't consist of someone saying they won't do something, it's more of a statement. The fact that I saw him argueing about how all the pressure will definately get to Chelsea was an indication of that's what he thought would definately happen.

He was wrong, and hopefully he will learn to not to make such statements next time.

JDY, a lot of things you say usually make sense but in my opinion this is ****. A prediction is a prediction, no matter what kind of lexis you choose to you in making it. He could have said 'I don't think' instead of 'won't' but seriously... what's the difference?

Based on Stoke's season he made an opinion that many people thought would be an accurate one, and he has the right to say whatever he wants about the match pre-game using whatever words he chooses to use. It was clearly a prediction, simple as that.

JDY, a lot of things you say usually make sense but in my opinion this is ****. A prediction is a prediction, no matter what kind of lexis you choose to you in making it. He could have said 'I don't think' instead of 'won't' but seriously... what's the difference?

Based on Stoke's season he made an opinion that many people thought would be an accurate one, and he has the right to say whatever he wants about the match pre-game using whatever words he chooses to use. It was clearly a prediction, simple as that.

There's actually quite a big difference in saying that. For instance, if I say I don't think United will win the league, there's still an element of doubt in my mind but I don't think they will. To say they won't win it is basicaly saying there is no possible way in that they could win it.

The fact that he was so sure about what he thought would happen underlines how much of a fail it was. I understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I don't think you can go around saying they won't do this, they can't do that. They are pretty strong words and are far from 'I don't think'.

If he had said, 'I don't think they will take Stoke to the cleaners' there wouldn't be a problem in the first place.

There's actually quite a big difference in saying that. For instance, if I say I don't think United will win the league, there's still an element of doubt in my mind but i don't think they will. To say they won't win it is basicaly saying there is no possible way in that they could win it.

The fact that he was so sure about what he thought would happen underlines how much of a fail it was. I understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I don't think you can go around saying they won't do this, they can't do that. They are pretty strong words and are far from 'I don't think'.

I wasn't reffering to the definition of the words when I asked what's the difference. I meant in the big picture. Why does it matter if one person thinks so strongly that a certain thing isn't going to happen? It's not like it will alter real life results, nor is it a crime. It is a fail, as you described it, but it is nothing more. He made a mistake, and that's the end of it. They may be strong words, but this result was highly unlikely, so he can say what he likes - everyone is entitled to their opinion on the ability of clubs, and he simply didn't think Chelsea were going to be good enough to win 7-0 today - what crime did he commit?

I see where you're coming from JDY, but the way he used the word won't didn't mean there was no chance, he simply didn't foresee that it would ever get to the point where he was wrong about his prediction. Using the words 'I think' or 'I feel' in front of every opinion is unnecessary - obviously it is his own personal opinion as he is the one speaking it - he knows it's not a fact.

I agree with JDY, that was more of a statement rather than a prediction, a prediction is like saying win, lose or draw or predicting the scoreline. DMF statement and back it up with a view on why. You could argue it was more of a opinion.

Stoke were absolutely diabolical today.

No fight in them at all, it was as if they were a team that knew they weren't going down so had just given up.

Drogba was excellent, though it pains me to say it, some of his control and passing were sublime.

Kalou's second was lucky to be counted....but Malouda should have scored 2 more.

Great game by Chelsea.

All i can say is what an interesting final two games we go into. If Liverpool want a chance of fourth and handing United the title and handing over the record of titles then they have to beat Chelsea. Personally I cant see that happening. For me and I hate to say it as I am no big Chelsea fan then the title looks like theirs.

Stoke were absolutely diabolical today.

No fight in them at all, it was as if they were a team that knew they weren't going down so had just given up.

Drogba was excellent, though it pains me to say it, some of his control and passing were sublime.

Kalou's second was lucky to be counted....but Malouda should have scored 2 more.

Great game by Chelsea.

Business end of the season, a lot of teams aren't interested once they hit 40 points.

I wasn't reffering to the definition of the words when I asked what's the difference. I meant in the big picture. Why does it matter if one person thinks so strongly that a certain thing isn't going to happen? It's not like it will alter real life results, nor is it a crime. It is a fail, as you described it, but it is nothing more. He made a mistake, and that's the end of it. They may be strong words, but this result was highly unlikely, so he can say what he likes - everyone is entitled to their opinion on the ability of clubs, and he simply didn't think Chelsea were going to be good enough to win 7-0 today - what crime did he commit?

I see where you're coming from JDY, but the way he used the word won't didn't mean there was no chance, he simply didn't foresee that it would ever get to the point where he was wrong about his prediction. Using the words 'I think' or 'I feel' in front of every opinion is unnecessary - obviously it is his own personal opinion as he is the one speaking it - he knows it's not a fact.

No crime, I just thought it was funny that he seemed so certain about what would happen which made it a big fail.

I wouldn't say the result was highly unlikely, Chelsea have scored the most goals at home in the Prem and have hit 7 past Sunderland and more recently, Villa. For sure no one would have expected us to win by that margin but if you're going to make such statements then surely have those results in the back of your mind before you do.

No crime, I just thought it was funny that he seemed so certain about what would happen which made it a big fail.

I wouldn't say the result was highly unlikely, Chelsea have scored the most goals at home in the Prem and have hit 7 past Sunderland and more recently, Villa. For sure no one would have expected us to win by that margin but if you're going to make such statements then surely have those results in the back of your mind before you do.

I think it was Stoke's great away defensive record this year that probably made it seem like a very unlikely notion, I could only see Chelsea putting away 3 against them today and I had their recent results fresh in my mind.

your acting like you have won the title already?

its still all to play for regardless whether you scored 14224 goals today, still on get the 3 points for a start and you have to now go to anfield so its still there to be won!

I don't know if you've heard of this thing called 'Goal Difference' but yeah it's pretty important. And you are relying on Liverpool to bail you out? Lol, you still have two games to play, try and win those and stop concentrating on games the other teams are playing.

I think it was Stoke's great away defensive record this year that probably made it seem like a very unlikely notion, I could only see Chelsea putting away 3 against them today and I had their recent results fresh in my mind.

To be honest, Villa had the best defensive record in the league and look what we did to them. Not being cocky or anything but these records don't count for nothing when you come to the Bridge, in fact, any top four team.

Anyway, that's my rant over. I'll see you on COD soon ;)

I thought scorelines like these only happen in FM, never in real life?

To be fair to Chelsea they're the only team who have really mauled any teams in the league (except Tottenham but they're not in the title race) and i think they've scored 7 goals in one game 3 times this season, that is good and perhaps they deserve the title more than Man Utd who were poor in the first half of the season.

To be fair to Chelsea they're the only team who have really mauled any teams in the league (except Tottenham but they're not in the title race) and i think they've scored 7 goals in one game 3 times this season, that is good and perhaps they deserve the title more than Man Utd who were poor in the first half of the season.
i dont get this notion. you deserve it if you finish top.

Back