Chelsea Legacy! Return of Samillyroy at the Bridge

haha thanks mate :) i'm glad you hae done, tell me how it gets on!

okay chelsea vs. tottenham is coming up very shortly, do follow, it's gonna be a CRACKER

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

HARRY REDKNAPP: "WE WILL BEAT CHELSEA:
harry_redknapp_1357686c.jpg

Harry Redknapp, whose Tottenham side are topping the Premier League at the moment, today announced his confidence that his side will beat Chelsea.
Harry Redknapp said:
We've been in terrific form and I think with the players that we have and with the crowd behind us we've got every chance of coming out of this tie victorious. We're not scared of Chelsea, and we believe we've got a squad as good, if not better than theirs at this point in time.
This latest outburst from Redknapp ahead of tonight's exciting tie is sure to stir up feelings and spur on what is an already lively rivalry. The two have played out some incredible matches in recent years, including a thrilling 4-4 draw at White Hart Lane, with Robbie Keane snatching victory from Chelea's grasp with a last minute goal.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

THE FA PREMIER LEAGUE
images

Chelsea 1:1 Tottenham
Saturday 7th November 2009

LIVE TEXT COMMENTARY - REFRESH FOR UPDATES

12:14: Following Harry Redknapp's outburst during the week, Chelsea fans are more eager than ever to spur the Blues on for a win, and coming off the back of a good run of form, you'd be hard put to bet against them doing that at the Bridge this afternoon. We're live from London, and you'll be getting the best of the action here.

12:22: Chelsea are currently behind Tottenham by a solitary point, and this game is crucial for the Blues if they want to get back on top of the Premier League. Team news coming shortly.

12:26: The squad lists are through, and there's no room in Chelsea's squad for Malouda or Zhirkov, who both sit this game out. The Blues line up as follows: Cech, Bosingwa, Cole, Terry, Alex, Ramires, Essien, Lampard, Benayoun, Anelka, Drogba.

12:29: And Tottenham will have: Gomes, Assou-Ekotto, Corluka, Dawson, Gallas, Modric, Huddlestone, Palacios, Bale, Defoe, Pavlyuchenko. Oddly Bale starts on the right wing, meaning Chelsea will probably have to deal with him cutting inside a lot. A tactical ploy there from Harry Redknapp.

12:34: Chelsea fans are in full voice here, giving it a lot of effort. This is a big rivalry, make no doubt about it, and it could be a furious affair today.

12:43: Teams are coming out now, and the manager's shake hands. Who will be the one smiling come the end of 90 minutes?

12:46: Underway then!

12:48: Tottenham are the ones going for it in the early exchanges. Corluka does well on the right wing and manages to win a corner off Cole, but Dawson heads it just wide.

12:50: Chelsea up the other end now and Ramires causing problems with his energy and good movement. There's a huge roar from the Shed End as Ramires is clattered by Dawson; they know what's coming. Alex comes up to take the free kick and.. it goes over. A lot of build-up for his free-kicks these days!

12:54: It's not a nice day, but that seems to be contributing to the atmosphere inside the stadium. The rain causes Drogba to slide as he goes in for the tackle and he clatters Assou-Ekotto. No card though.

12:58: Tottenham look comfortable in possession at the moment, and Modric is causing Chelsea a lot of problems. Not a lot of clear cut chances so far though.

13:00: Harsh first yellow and it goes to Benayoun for an innocuous looking trip on Palacios.

13:03:
_46253405_goal_post_v2_44.jpg
Wow, that bar just took a good rattling. Benayoun slides it across the box and Ramires catches it full stride only to see the shot fly straight back out to the pitch. Fine effort from the Brazilian.

_46175646_net_buster_44.jpg
GOAL Chelsea 0 - 1 Tottenham (Pavlyuchenko)

13:05:
End to end stuff, and it's first blood to the away team. Bale is causing problems cutting in on his left, Cole fails to deal with his ball into the box and Pavlyuchenko nips behind Alex to tap home. Nicely worked goal from Spurs but Chelsea will be angered with their failure to deal with Bale.

13:16: The game seems to have died down since the goal, and there's not been any real reaction from Chelsea but Anelka just went close there. Drogba breaks down the right before swinging in a wonderful cross and Anelka gets his head to it, but Gomes stretches well to tip it wide.

13:29: Two minutes of injury time, and this game has really gotten dead.

_46175652_ht_44x.jpg
HALF TIME Chelsea 0 - 1 Tottenham

13:31:
The Chelsea manager has work to do in the second half, his team have looked lifeless and limp against Tottenham, especially dissapointing since the goal.

13:44: There are changes in this second half for Chelsea as Benayoun, who had a poor first half, is replaced by Wednesday's goalscorer Florent Malouda. Underway again.

13:46: Fine save! Chelsea win a corner and Terry meets it with a brilliant downward header, but Gomes gets down wonderfully to tip it out, and Gallas clears.

13:48: Unforgivable, glaring miss from Drogba. Cole whips in a wonderful cross and Drogba's at the near post and has a gaping net in front of him, and he heads it wide. Incredible. This is not the Drogba of old.

13:53: Tottenham are on top now and letting Chelsea know. Palacios lets rip with a screamer and it scrapes the bar on the way over. Sturridge on for Anelka.

14:07: Really, really poor display from Chelsea today. No urgency or creativity whatsoever. Mikel on for Ramires and that's the final roll of the dice.

14:18: Truly a dead, dead game. Chelsea have been below poor.

14:24: Glorious chance for Chelsea, finally showing some urgency. Malouda takes the ball and goes on a run, getting past Hutton before driving a low ball into the box. in comes Lampard with a low drive but its a fine save by Gomes and the rebound is hit over by an onrushing Mikel.

_46175646_net_buster_44.jpg
GOAL Chelsea 1 - 1 Tottenham (Sturridge)

14:29:
Chelsea are fortunate, but their last gasp surge has paid off and aren't their fans milking it. He may not be great in front of goal this season, but Drogba has been making goals all over the place, and he does so again there, holding off Gallas before sliding a glorious pass into the path of onrunning Daniel Sturridge who slots home before jumping into the delighted Shed End. Incredible stuff.

14:30: The Tottenham players are furious that it's been allowed to stand and are adamant it was offside. Replays suggest it wasn't but no doubt that will come into the post-match press conference.

14:34:
_46175651_ft_44.jpg
FULL TIME Chelsea 1 - 1 Tottenham
It's all over then at Stamford Bridge and what a thrilling finale. Tottenham have a deserved victory snatched right from under their nose thanks to young Daniel Sturridge. More to come, including a press conference with Harry Redknapp.

14:47: CHELSEA MANAGER ILLYROY: "What can I say to that, it was a stunning finish to a dull game. We weren't great, and we know we have to improve our performances, but we can take heart in the fact that we can ****** points from games like this, that seemed down and out and overall I'm satisfied with the result."

14:58: TOTTENHAM MANAGER REDKNAPP: "I'm dissapointed for the lads because they came here with a gameplan and stuck to it and were brilliant throughout and I really feel they deserved the three points but unfortunately that wasn't to be. Chelsea snatched a late equaliser, and fair play to them, but we're happy with our performance today"

15:03: Well that's it from us, what a finale, and make sure to be with us for more live text updates!

--------

Tottenham-Celeb-Roman-Pavlyuchenko-Goal-Young_2490514.jpg

Pavlyuchenko opens the scoring at Stamford Bridge with a cool finish

MSK+Zilina+v+Chelsea+UEFA+Champions+League+TL8WbTeSsL6l.jpg

Young substitute Daniel Sturridge grabs a vital equaliser with minutes to go.

webb5000426.jpg

The spurs players are furious that the goal has been allowed to stand.

Last edited:
Chelsea 3 - 0 West Ham
FA Premier League
sports-news-august-2010.jpg

West Ham were plucky but Chelsea saw off their threat thanks to goals from Lampard, Alex and Didier Drogba. It was a scrappy affair, West Ham ended up with 7 yellow cards to their players, but Chelsea eventually saw off their dogged opponents.

West Ham had the better of the opening exchanges, Cole's strength and Obinna's pace caused Chelsea some problems, but nothing the likes of Terry and Ashley Cole couldn't deal with.

And Chelsea opened up the scoring when Lars Jacobsen brought down Gael Kakuta inside the box, and Lampard made no mistake, scoring his 6th goal of the season to put the Blues ahead, against his former team.

West Ham knew there was something left in the game for them and continued to battle hard, but ended up picking a lot of yellow cards up as the game descended into a bit of a scrap.

Alex then doubled Chelsea's lead with a powerful header before being replaced by Jeffrey Bruma, and then Didier Drogba rounded off a good afternoon for the Blues with a nice solo goal, pushing past his defenders before hammering it into the back of the net. Some more goals from the big Ivorian wouldn't go amiss, but a fine display from Chelsea today.

Chelsea Team: Cech, Ferreira, Cole, Alex (Bruma 73), Terry, Mikel, Ramires, Lampard, Kakuta (Benayoun 74), Drogba, Anelka (Sturridge 63)
Unused subs: Taylor, Zhirkov, Essien, Borini

Chelsea 1 - 0 Bursaspor
UEFA Champions League Group Stage
lens2006346_1212025110champions_league_logo.jpg

619778-john-terry.jpg

Chelsea edged past Bursaspor today, but what will have been more pleasing is the inclusion of a number of Chelsea youth products in the side, all of whom played good games. Gökhan Töre and Jeffrey Bruma both started the game, with Kakuta and Woods coming on as substitutes and Chelsea were comfortable for the whole 90 minutes.

Gökhan Töre was playing his debut for Chelsea and he looked dangerous from the off, getting into good positions, although his composure did appear to be lacking as he squandered a good chance in the first 10 minutes.

Chelsea struggled to break Bursaspor down, with Drogba and Sturridge surprisingly quiet, and it took a corner for the Blues to finally take the lead, Terry heading home the winner with almighty power, as it crashed off the bar and into the goal.

From then on, Chelsea cruised, pacing themselves, and were rarely troubled, Bruma looking a calm head in the back four, a very pleasing aspect of the game for the Chelsea coaching staff. Chelsea have no qualified as winners of their group, and have just one game at home to Olympiakos yet to play.

Chelsea Team: Cech, Bosingwa, Zhirkov, Bruma, Terry, Essien (Alex 83), Ramires (Woods 63), Lampard, Gökhan Töre, Drogba, Sturridge (Kakuta 60)

what tactic are you using mate because i've started a new chelsea save and cant seem to find the right tactic
P.S more great updates mate and will be looking out for the next one :)

im doin a chelsea save playing 4-3-1-2 in the league iv won 10 in 13 and im in 1st not scoring alot of goals though :/

haha well I dont know, i find them hard to get the goals in too, dont know how ancelotti does it :L
but I switch between 4-3-3, i.e. two wingers and drogba as target man, and 4-4-2, with anelka/sturridge as poacher and Drogba as complete forward. working okay for me so far. also put alex on freekicks as a first. he is AWESOME

what is your philosophy??? rigid, balanced, fluid???

well you're probably right there, not sure that I'm going to carry this one on, although I'm definitely thinking about moving it on to fm11 instead! tell me if you guys would be up for that or not :)

well you're probably right there, not sure that I'm going to carry this one on, although I'm definitely thinking about moving it on to fm11 instead! tell me if you guys would be up for that or not :)

yer if u take it through to fm11, i will defo follow