Chelsea search for Luiz agreement

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 86
  • Views Views 4K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Chelsea are searching for a "solution" in their bid to sign defender David Luiz from Benfica, says manager Carlo Ancelotti.

More...

If they end up playing 25 mil plus for him, it will be a fantastic deal for Benfica.

I saw that Chelsea is adding to the deal Rajkovic and Van Aanholt.

I believe we are trying to offer them one of our youngsters on loan until the end of the season, possibly Bruma or Van Aanholt. And at the end of the season they get first option on Slobadan Rajkovic. If not we will end up paying a good 25-30 million for the lad. And when Ancelotti says "solution" he means work permit im sure.

The President of Benfica went to London a few days ago (maybe to seal the deal) but he said he went to watch Fulham vs Stoke City.
So possibly David Luiz is going to Chelsea in January.

Jesus 25-30mil. I hope he's good for Chelsea's sake.

Speaking of Chelsea, Choruses of "Are you watching Andy Gray?" and "Andy Gray, Channel 5" from CFC fans go curiously unremarked in commentary box.

Meh, didn't notice him particularly when we beat them last year, same with Ramires.

With Romans bank account slowly depleting i hope that if it is 30million he finds his feet quickly.

Speaking of Chelsea, Choruses of "Are you watching Andy Gray?" and "Andy Gray, Channel 5" from CFC fans go curiously unremarked in commentary box.

Meh, didn't notice him particularly when we beat them last year, same with Ramires.

He played at right-back (his secondary position) and was decent without being outstanding. But yeah Cardozo and Di Maria far outshone Ramires and Luiz.

I sure hope chelsea doesn't buy this guy. 25 million euros for a centreback does not make any sense. And especially this one, who, may i say, is highly overrated.

i rate the lad, if chelsea need to pay up to 30mill from him then so be it

I think he will do well at Chelsea. Big, Strong in the tackle and also technicly gifted for a CB. Man City have been after him too but apparently Chelsea and City have a gentlemans agreement in place where we don't get into bidding wars with one another. Or so i hear anyway.

The President of Benfica went to London a few days ago (maybe to seal the deal) but he said he went to watch Fulham vs Stoke City.
So possibly David Luiz is going to Chelsea in January.

He is still in London mate, meeting with a few representatives tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

I think he has all the tools to succeed in the English game. It looks as if he dosn't take and prisoners and at 23 he is a young lad.

He is still in London mate, meeting with a few representatives tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

I think he has all the tools to succeed in the English game. It looks as if he dosn't take and prisoners and at 23 he is a young lad.

He's a pig. A violent brazilian pig. For Chelsea's sake, don't buy him, not for 25 million euros.

I sure hope chelsea doesn't buy this guy. 25 million euros for a centreback does not make any sense. And especially this one, who, may i say, is highly overrated.

over-what? David Luiz has, easily I may add, the potential to be one of the greatest in the world. He is having a bad season, he does have his head everywhere but in Benfica, but he has proven he has the potential to be great. I really hope you are just being biased and that's not your honest opinion, as the boy is top class, when on form. Yes, he is aggressive, but aren't so the best cb's worldwide?

On topic, less than 25mil is a steal.

He's a pig. A violent brazilian pig. For Chelsea's sake, don't buy him, not for 25 million euros.

Oh my^^)

Glad that he is gone, hate David Luiz

---------- Post added at 06:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 AM ----------

over-what? David Luiz has, easily I may add, the potential to be one of the greatest in the world. He is having a bad season, he does have his head everywhere but in Benfica, but he has proven he has the potential to be great. I really hope you are just being biased and that's not your honest opinion, as the boy is top class, when on form. Yes, he is aggressive, but aren't so the best cb's worldwide?

On topic, less than 25mil is a steal.

Oh my^^)

Agressive and dirty ..

Chelsea fans love a pastionate tough tackling player. Ron Harris strings to mind and modern day Brana Ivanovic is hard as nails and has become a Chelsea favourite alreadys because of his tough tackling. And the other factor is that your a Sporting fan so obviously you arnt going to like him.

Back