Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard something to the effect that Everton made up their bid to prompt a higher one from Spurs - Chelsea apparently said they were interested, but didn't make an official offer.

HA!

It was pretty funny when Pienaar said he was more impressed with Redknanpp after talking to both managers. Then Carlo said iv never met Pienaar, not once.

Where did i say he wasn't good enough?? I just don't like the lad simple as that.

by saying you wouldnt have him is what i interpretated... i hate rooney but he a quality player and id love him at liverpool

dislike or like when a quality player comes calling you've got to take it

He is hardly a terrible player top5 DMC in the prem and does his job well if chelsea need to improve anywhere it's with depth

XD There's always one...

More scarily, the fact that you picked out that bit to criticise implies that you actually AGREE with the rest of the post...

Obviously don't hes worth as much as Aguero.

His armband proved he was a red, Torres, Torres. You'll never walk alone it said, Torres, Torres!!

although i agree with that, injurys pay a bigger part in that. Remember Michael Owen??

Injuries do play a big part but remember owen was world class for at least 10 years before getting injuries... torres hasent had a injury in over 2 months now surely not that injury prone

Injuries do play a big part but remember owen was world class for at least 10 years before getting injuries... torres hasent had a injury in over 2 months now surely not that injury prone

but its no secret that he has been playing with knocks for years now. And he even said he struggles with the physicality of the PL.

although i agree with that, injurys pay a bigger part in that. Remember Michael Owen??

Slightly different. Owen had a series of debilitating, chronic injuries. Torres has been worked hard non-stop for about two years, lost fitness and got a few minor injuries that the world cup hardly helped heal. He is back now, and I for one think he has lost none of his ability. Confidence, maybe, but you can see that is returning every day.

He is hardly a terrible player top5 DMC in the prem and does his job well if chelsea need to improve anywhere it's with depth

In no particular order:

Song
Essien
Carrick (on his day)
Yaya Toure (when he plays there)
Parker
Thud
Zabaleta

Mikel isn't in the top 5 DMCs in the League, and he's better as a more balanced MC anyway.
He's like Denilson, bog standard central midfielder but inconsistent (and a little better)

Slightly different. Owen had a series of debilitating, chronic injuries. Torres has been worked hard non-stop for about two years, lost fitness and got a few minor injuries that the world cup hardly helped heal. He is back now, and I for one think he has lost none of his ability. Confidence, maybe, but you can see that is returning every day.

very very ture couldnt have said it better myself... still amazes me how abit of bad form and people can go from 'one of best in world' to 'he's lost it now' and thats speaking generally alot of people do it

In no particular order:

Song
Essien
Carrick (on his day)
Yaya Toure (when he plays there)
Parker
Thud
Zabaleta

Mikel isn't in the top 5 DMCs in the League, and he's better as a more balanced MC anyway.
He's like Denilson, bog standard central midfielder but inconsistent (and a little better)

Essien's not a DM really. I think Mike knows what Mikel brings to the side. The work he does goes un-noticed but he does alot for the side. He was sensational on Monday in his first game back from a injury.

Hope I don't wake up tomorrow with the news "Torres hands in transfer request".

Parkers not a DM either hes a box to box midfielder.

very very ture couldnt have said it better myself... still amazes me how abit of bad form and people can go from 'one of best in world' to 'he's lost it now' and thats speaking generally alot of people do it

I don't think hes lost it i just think injurys play a bigger part on someone than confidence.

I don't think hes lost it i just think injurys play a bigger part on someone than confidence.

injuries can do yes, but with torres i think you can quite clearly see its confidence.. since kenny has took over he is getting better each week and starting to score... 5 in 6 now for him and it looks like he wants it again on the pitch

injuries can do yes, but with torres i think you can quite clearly see its confidence.. since kenny has took over he is getting better each week and starting to score... 5 in 6 now for him and it looks like he wants it again on the pitch

It's the same with Fabregas/RVP, I think. Both had fairly LT injuries and both struggled a little when they came back. Obviously it's different for RVP because he's always injured etc. but once that confidence returns in top players, it'll be like they were never out of form.

Lets all get this straight before am bored to death by.. "He can't handle it in the prem because he gets pushed off the ball" "He now needs a target man to support him to take the pressure off him" "Hes off the pace" "He will never get back to his best" Bullshit.

Torres is a world class lone striker that hasn't even hit anywhere nere form yet but he will.

For me him coming out and saying i struggle with the phyical side of the PL wasn't his finest hour.

Maybe he does, but everyone has weak sides to their game. Torres may need to work on his physicality, something he's been unable to do because of his injuries. Torres may be relatively weak physically, whereas Emile Heskey has to work on sticking it in the net. Everyone has weaknesses, it's how you deal with them that's telling.

If Torres is utilised correctly, i.e. with throughballs that take advantage of his blistering pace and neat play that gets him into goalscoring positions, a lack of strength is nullified.

Status
Not open for further replies.