Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets all get this straight before am bored to death by.. "He can't handle it in the prem because he gets pushed off the ball" "He now needs a target man to support him to take the pressure off him" "Hes off the pace" "He will never get back to his best" Bullshit.

Torres is a world class lone striker that hasn't even hit anywhere nere form yet but he will.

People not allowed a differnt opinion??

Maybe he does, but everyone has weak sides to their game. Torres may need to work on his physicality, something he's been unable to do because of his injuries. Torres may be relatively weak physically, whereas Emile Heskey has to work on sticking it in the net. Everyone has weaknesses, it's how you deal with them that's telling.

If Torres is utilised correctly, i.e. with throughballs that take advantage of his blistering pace and neat play that gets him into goalscoring positions, a lack of strength is nullified.

I really think you need to find a new player to compare with - Heskey is hardly the model footballer ;)

Unless Liverpool receive insane amounts of money for Torres then he won't be leaving for a long time. I reckon he will stay at Liverpool until he's around 32 and perhaps move back to Atletico.

Last edited:
People not allowed a differnt opinion??

Not when they're wrong ;)

I agree w/ Mally tbh - We've seen recently that even when he's out of form, he can score goals, and even against big , physical defences like Bolton, CHELSEA etc.

I really think you need to find a new player to compare with - Heskey is hardly the model footballer ;)

**** off, you know what I mean. :p

Gabby Agbonlahor and finishing, then.

Unless receive insane amounts of money for Torres then he won't be leaving for a long time. I reckon he will stay at Liverpool until he's around 32 and perhaps move back to Atletico.

I'm not sure about that, but he certainly seems to actually like playing for Liverpool, and care about the club more than most players care about their clubs nowadays.

I agree w/ Mally tbh - We've seen recently that even when he's out of form, he can score goals, and even against big , physical defences like Bolton, CHELSEA etc.

he always plays well against Chelsea, he would score against Chelsea even if he was blindfolded and had his left leg cut off.

Spot on mate. The stats speak for themselves.

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 AM ----------

he always plays well against Chelsea, he would score against Chelsea even if he was blindfolded and had his left leg cut off.

Why though, that sentence doesn't even make sense.

Now THAT is a fairly major injury if ever I saw one... ;)

He worth 40m last season when he was on form same with rooney

**** off, you know what I mean. :p

Gabby Agbonlahor and finishing, then.

Again, though... ;)

I'd be very surprised if Torres went to a major English rival from Liverpool, if he were to leave, it would be to Spain IMO (Barca..)

Next it will be Chelsea have bid rejected for RVP and Fabregas XD

He worth 40m last season when he was on form same with rooney

And now he's finding form again? One season isn't something to judge a player on, especially considering how good he's been throughout the rest of his career.

---------- Post added at 05:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

Next it will be Chelsea have bid rejected for RVP and Fabregas XD

Don't think there's much chance of this somehow. While we're on Cheatski - Chelsea's signing of David Luiz in doubt

Again, though... ;)

I'd be very surprised if Torres went to a major English rival from Liverpool, if he were to leave, it would be to Spain IMO (Barca..)

I believe that too but you never know. Its good that there aren't that many options for him though. Don't see him going Madrid for obvious reasons and don't think Barca is the right team for him.

In no particular order:

Song
Essien
Carrick (on his day)
Yaya Toure (when he plays there)
Parker
Thud
Zabaleta

Mikel isn't in the top 5 DMCs in the League, and he's better as a more balanced MC anyway.
He's like Denilson, bog standard central midfielder but inconsistent (and a little better)

tbh, I'd have him before Song, Carrick, Parker, Thud and Zabaleta. He is a quality player, his qualities go unrecognised.

On Topic: Torres is here for a while longer, he genuinely does love Liverpool, so do see him [at least] seeing out his contract.

And now he's finding form again? One season isn't something to judge a player on, especially considering how good he's been throughout the rest of his career.

---------- Post added at 05:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

Don't think there's much chance of this somehow. While we're on Cheatski - Chelsea's signing of David Luiz in doubt

That David Luiz story was released on Wednesday. Benfica issued a statement yesterday.

For me him coming out and saying i struggle with the phyical side of the PL wasn't his finest hour.

He does. But for that he makes it up with sheer pace, finishing and moving abilities. A top top striker who can make any defender look like a fool.

In my opinion, anyone who embarrasses Vidic like he did, is undoubtedly, world class. For me, top 3 strikers in the world. [Strikers - not Ronaldo and Messi]

I took this thread seriously until i saw someone say Michael Carrick is better than John Obi Mikel. Kind of went downhill after that.

He isn't going to leave Liverpool. And IF he ever does it'll be to join At. Madrid again.

I and many of the other Liverpool supporters on the site have already explained why he isn't going to leave in other threads about the player and Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.