Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah Nando has said before he wants to play in all of Europe's top leagues. He'll be in Italy sooner or later, then probably move off to Germany when he starts to decline.

just to those doubting him:

OptaJoe Opta Sports by jones_cfm

120 - With a goal every 120 mins, F Torres has overtaken Henry as the most regular goalscorer in PL history. Rapido @StevieGerrard_8

Spurs rate Bale at above £40M
& Chelsea rate Torres at around £35M?

WTF!?
someone tell me how they work that out please?

Bale is all in the media. Means you can sponge more from him.

Also you could make a case for their relative ages, as well as Bale's ability to slot in at two different positions equally (though I would argue with that) well being one of the major reasons why he's worth more.

In no particular order:

Song
Essien
Carrick (on his day)
Yaya Toure (when he plays there)
Parker
Thud
Zabaleta

Mikel isn't in the top 5 DMCs in the League, and he's better as a more balanced MC anyway.
He's like Denilson, bog standard central midfielder but inconsistent (and a little better)
Lol.

Anyway i doubt this is true and if it is im quite happy, showing that were trying to get someone.

Torres is a risk because of his past injury record as Bale is not.

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

If this story is true it does show that Roman is proving people wrong that he wont spend any more money.

Torres is a risk because of his past injury record as Bale is not.

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

If this story is true it does show that Roman is proving people wrong that he wont spend any more money.

you're kidding right?
Bale's had some pretty serious injuries aswell.

you're kidding right?
Bale's had some pretty serious injuries aswell.

No im not kidding, when Torres realeses statements such as i find it tough with the physical side of the PL it dosen't help his cause. Also Bale is younger and arguably more of an exciting footballer.

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

I will add this story has only been published on the Telegraph, Daily Fail and goal.com so make your own decision whether to believe it or not.

In no particular order:

Song
Essien
Carrick (on his day)
Parker
Thud
Zabaleta

Mikel isn't in the top 5 DMCs in the League, and he's better as a more balanced MC anyway.
He's like Denilson, bog standard central midfielder but inconsistent (and a little better)

Have you ever watched football? You actually put Zabaleta in front of Mikel, who has been one of Chelseas most consistent performers this season.

Oh dear.

Poor offer, he's just getting back into form, as if they're going to get him for that price :S

Shows Chelsea are weak and need reinforcements though.

Poor offer, he's just getting back into form, as if they're going to get him for that price :S

Or it shows we want a new striker.. but ye

Weak is a very strong word indeed. i think we are just looking towards the next 5 years + thats all.

Seems like a bit of desperation on Chelsea's part, exciting stuff though.
Wish the Aguero/Alexis Sanchez rumors were true though I'd love to watch players like them playing week in week out
Also you can't argue with Torres' quality, he's a class act

Or it shows we want a new striker.. but ye

David Luiz, Diego Godin, Steven Pienaar, Fernando Torres, Sergio Aguero. Looks like you want more than a new striker.. but ye.

David Luiz, Diego Godin, Steven Pienaar, Fernando Torres, Sergio Aguero. Looks like you want more than a new striker.. but ye.

Pienaar was wanted by the club not Ancelotti. The Aguero and Godin rumours were pure bollocks and came from the Athletico Madrid side only, Chelsea denied the rumours straight away.

Pienaar was wanted by the club not Ancelotti. The Aguero and Godin rumours were pure bollocks and came from the Athletico Madrid side only, Chelsea denied the rumours straight away.

Still, Chelsea need extra quality, that's a fact, they should be making realistic offers for players tbh.

Got to weigh and defend mikel here, he's a lot better than he is given credit for. Not as creative as carrick, but better in the tackle (carrick is better at intercepting the ball) and more consistent, and a very accurate passer.

RE: Torres, I dont think he has struggled massively in the PL physically what he suffered was a mix of a poor side, poor personal performance, loss of confidence and niggling injuries so that he was never fully fit, but he is looking refreshed confident and very dangerous, and defintely more than capable of playing as a lone forward. CJacko11, to be a lone front man you done necessarily have to be a beat like drogba or rooney, Torres is strong enough in his own right, his game is more about the channels, than coming deep and holding the ball like rooney drogba chamakh etc

I dont see why Chelsea would want him. He has a pretty bad injury record. And he is turning 27 soon. Well he is in his best years. Torres wanted to go to Chelsea at the start of the season...(according to David Villa).

Im surpised if Torres doesn't want to go to Chelsea now. Because he would get CL football. Well...then he must be very loyal. But i seriously think Liverpool should sell for 35m if this is true...you could get Suarez and another player with that..

Last edited:
In no particular order:

Song
Essien
Carrick (on his day)
Parker
Thud
Zabaleta

after Mikels fantastic performance against Bolton, i just lol'd at this post, I have no idea where you get names like Parker and Zabeleta from tbh

On-Topic: Exciting stuff taking place, obviously disappointed that our bid got rejected but I have no doubt he will leave if Liverpool dont get a CL Spot and guys if u remember Barca valued Fabregas only at 30m in the summer so I think Chelsea value Torres at a correct price, for those arguing that Bale is valued at 40m by his OWN CLUB, well obvviously he will be valued higher by his own club, I doubt Bale is valued more than 30m

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.