Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I don't like Chelsea because it epitomizes what's happening to the game with foreign money and the like, you guys shouldn't pick on them. It's not like the other clubs aren't successful because of their financial power.

Liverpool has spent plenty of money over the past decade or two, particularly over the past 5 seasons, and look where they are now? Struggling in the table two seasons in a row with a mediocre squad in need of a new ownership group to come in and make huge investments (something you're criticizing Chelsea for).

ManU have a big history but their business model over the past two decades has meant they have won the support of all the 'glory hunters' or whatever you want to call them, both in England and abroad: they are the biggest club in the world in terms of fans, and in England, it seems like they're everyone's team, just look at how many FM basers are for ManU, I'd say four to five times as the next popular club (probably Liverpool). Basically they've made/spent a **** ton of money over the past 15-20 years and always had more financial muscle than any other club until Roman showed up, and they were never constricted in spending until the Glazers indebted the club. So they've definitely bought their success as well, which in turn won them more fans, which got them more success.

There are other huge clubs in England that are no longer as successful as Liverpool or one of the current big teams because they don't have the financial muscle. Nottingham Forrest, Leeds (after overspending destroyed them), etc.

Basically all of the big teams have spent their way to success so it's unfair for Liverpool fans to totally single Chelsea out and pick on them. It's not like Liverpool has had nothing to spend.

Who said we were a top team before Roman bought us because i certainly didnt. It had been 50years since Chelsea won the league and Liverpool currently stand at 21 years so i wouldnt get too cocky.

i wasnt being cocky, i was trying to have a sensible discussion.

but if idid decide to get cocky i could. becuase of the 18 titles and 5 champions league, compared to chelseas 4 titles. "so i wouldnt get too cocky,"

but that is a discussion for another day.

but if idid decide to get cocky i could. becuase of the 18 titles and 5 champions league, compared to chelseas 4 titles. "so i wouldnt get too cocky,"

Wanna get cocky with me, See i got both on you, History and Modern day sucess... ;)

I am messing though.

but that is a discussion for another day.

How many PremierLeagues??

How many PremierLeagues??

does changing the name make it any more significant?

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

Wanna get cocky with me, See i got both on you, History and Modern day sucess... ;)

I am messing though.

that would be a comparison worth making!
Still about even for now, but unfortantly for me, that probably wont be for long.

does changing the name make it any more significant?

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

that would be a comparison worth making!
Still about even for now, but unfortantly for me, that probably wont be for long.

Yeah the clubs are about Even, and the 2 biggest clubs in British football... Chelsea are nothing compared to our clubs mate.

Although I don't like Chelsea because it epitomizes what's happening to the game with foreign money and the like, you guys shouldn't pick on them. It's not like the other clubs aren't successful because of their financial power.

Liverpool has spent plenty of money over the past decade or two, particularly over the past 5 seasons, and look where they are now? Struggling in the table two seasons in a row with a mediocre squad in need of a new ownership group to come in and make huge investments (something you're criticizing Chelsea for).

ManU have a big history but their business model over the past two decades has meant they have won the support of all the 'glory hunters' or whatever you want to call them, both in England and abroad: they are the biggest club in the world in terms of fans, and in England, it seems like they're everyone's team, just look at how many FM basers are for ManU, I'd say four to five times as the next popular club (probably Liverpool). Basically they've made/spent a **** ton of money over the past 15-20 years and always had more financial muscle than any other club until Roman showed up, and they were never constricted in spending until the Glazers indebted the club. So they've definitely bought their success as well, which in turn won them more fans, which got them more success.

There are other huge clubs in England that are no longer as successful as Liverpool or one of the current big teams because they don't have the financial muscle. Nottingham Forrest, Leeds (after overspending destroyed them), etc.

Basically all of the big teams have spent their way to success so it's unfair for Liverpool fans to totally single Chelsea out and pick on them. It's not like Liverpool has had nothing to spend.
To be fair, Liverpool haven't had as much to spend but Chelsea haven't really wasted their money, unlike City with some of their signings. Anyway, we can't just pick on Chelsea.

Yeah the clubs are about Even, and the 2 biggest clubs in British football... Chelsea are nothing compared to our clubs mate.

The only time you'll ever see me agree with a manc. ;D

There's nothing to it... chelsea were a mid-table team before Roman came and bought a few trophies for them.

The only time you'll ever see me agree with a manc. ;D

There's nothing to it... chelsea were a mid-table team before Roman came and bought a few trophies for them.

We were in no way a "mid-table team" maybe we weren't title contenders, but the season before Roman came we finished 4th!

Yes it is, we've sold to buy for the last 5 seasons...

We were in no way a "mid-table team" maybe we weren't title contenders, but the season before Roman came we finished 4th!

Still, use were massively inconsistent, 4th was a brilliant season for Chelsea.

Yes it is, we've sold to buy for the last 5 seasons...

Still, use were massively inconsistent, 4th was a brilliant season for Chelsea.

Before that 6th, before that 6th, before that 5th, before that 3rd and before that 4th. Our results may have been inconsistent, but not our league positions.

Chelsea were not a big club before Roman take over. They had few good players who were tough to beat, maybe much like Sevilla although Sevilla won few meaningful trophies.

Not downplaying Chelsea's achievements, infact any club to make it big, they need a break and they got one in Roman. I wont have as much respect as i have for Arsenal and Liverpool till they become self sustained club.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

And we have Torres "THE LIAR"

236094698.jpg

I take back what i said after watching the video again. He didn't kiss the badge. As DMF said, he did the celebration by biting the shirt/badge.

I take back what i said after watching the video again. He didn't kiss the badge. As DMF said, he did the celebration by biting the shirt/badge.

I knew I wasn't going mad! XD

Last edited:
Chelsea were not a big club before Roman take over. They had few good players who were tough to beat, maybe much like Sevilla although Sevilla won few meaningful trophies.

Not downplaying Chelsea's achievements, infact any club to make it big, they need a break and they got one in Roman. I wont have as much respect as i have for Arsenal and Liverpool till they become self sustained club.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

I have to agree with you about Chelsea were like Sevilla a pretty good team but not expected to win too many trophies such as league, champions league etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back