Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kakuta still needs to prove himself, what he is 20 now at lest. Same with Van Aanholt and Bruma. Drogba will leave i feel, but we will have to wait and see. You need to make major major major cuts to fail in line with FFP. So how do you expect to do this without selling players, I would hate it if Torres was the only good striker in my squad, isnt that what liverpool have had for 2 years and we all know how that finished.

We will probably sell of Anelka at the end of this season and maybe Kalou, I think Drogba will remain with us, he is a mainstay and quite possibly the likes of Alex and Bosingwa will leave

We will probably sell of Anelka at the end of this season and maybe Kalou, I think Drogba will remain with us, he is a mainstay and quite possibly the likes of Alex and Bosingwa will leave

And your replace these with who..?

i know they plan to move for gregory van der wiel for one, not sure about the others

I think we will move for Neymar for sure, like David Luiz we have admired him for a long time and have been talking to his father, according to many people a deal has been agreed in principle but u can never be 2 sure

Bosingwa- We are looking at the likes of Gregory Van Der Wiel
Anelka- We have always been long-term admirers of Neymar
Alex- David Luiz ofcourse

i know they plan to move for gregory van der wiel for one, not sure about the others

and this redcues the wage bill how exactly...? You see the wage bill is 174 million each year, thats a lot of money. FFP wont like it. So i cant see the club being able to sign players even when they sell.

and this redcues the wage bill how exactly...? You see the wage bill is 174 million each year, thats a lot of money. FFP wont like it. So i cant see the club being able to sign players even when they sell.

doubt the likes of Neymar and Van Der Wiel will be getting huge wages, I am pretty sure we will be reducing the wages of the likes of Drogba and Terry as they seem to be getting on and we are planning to sell naming rights to Stamford Bridge so that will help hugely too

doubt the likes of Neymar and Van Der Wiel will be getting huge wages, I am pretty sure we will be reducing the wages of the likes of Drogba and Terry as they seem to be getting on and we are planning to sell naming rights to Stamford Bridge so that will help hugely too

So you think the likes of Neymar and Wiel will be happy with lets say 40k a week. whilst team mates are on 120k a week. And you might not be the only clubs moving for them, so you might need to ffer them 70+

The naming rights to a shed gets you how much... ;)

He used to hear the scousers sing, Torres, Torres.
Now Ashley Cole's inside his ring, Torres, Torres.
In six months time he'll hate his life, I bet John Terry ***** his wife.
Fernando Torres, Chelsea's new rent boy.

Lol!

So you think the likes of Neymar and Wiel will be happy with lets say 40k a week. whilst team mates are on 120k a week. And you might not be the only clubs moving for them, so you might need to ffer them 70+

The naming rights to a shed gets you how much... ;)

100min approx on the naming rights :)

and yes Neymar and Van Der Wiel will be happy on 40k a week cos they have enough sense to know that they wont get higher until they prove themselves, if they want higher wages doubt we will buy them then

---------- Post added at 05:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

He used to hear the scousers sing, Torres, Torres.
Now Ashley Cole's inside his ring, Torres, Torres.
In six months time he'll hate his life, I bet John Terry ***** his wife.
Fernando Torres, Chelsea's new rent boy.

Lol!

Jog On

100min approx on the naming rights :)

and yes Neymar and Van Der Wiel will be happy on 40k a week cos they have enough sense to know that they wont get higher until they prove themselves, if they want higher wages doubt we will buy them then

100min over how mnay years, 10 years i guess.. SO 10million a year... ?

Well Wiel is proven on the international stage and easily get 70k else where.

100min over how mnay years, 10 years i guess.. SO 10million a year... ?

Well Wiel is proven on the international stage and easily get 70k else where.

70k a week is not bad considering he will be our starting right-back sooner or later if we sell Bosingwa and David Luiz can play all across the defence so we wont need much cover

70k a week is not bad considering he will be our starting right-back sooner or later if we sell Bosingwa and David Luiz can play all across the defence so we wont need much cover

but your wage bill wont get any lower, hence the fact you wont be doing anything to full in line with FFP

this is all speculation from both of you really re: contracts, and not to with torres either

Disagree with this, Torres played 214 times for Atletico Madrid and was captain. Rooney only played 62 times for Everton which is still a lot considering he was about 16/17. I find it ridiculous that Liverpool can claim they 'made' Torres though. Torres consistently scored goals in La Liga and went to Liverpool who were a better team than Atletico so it was only natural for him too score more goals a season than he did at Atletico. Although Liverpool aided Fernando with his development, he scored 33 goals in his first season at the club so it's ridiculous to suggest that he was half the player when he was at Atletico.
Liverpool didn't 'make' Torres, they made turned him from a very good player to world-class. Before he joined Liverpool, he was a Spain starter but not a star player in the team. Now he is world class on a good day.

He could of stayed at the club if he really 'loved' us. Look at John Terry, before 2004 Chelsea were like Aston Villa (no offence meant), they came around top half or UEFA cup every season but he still stayed, and Liverpool are challenging for Europa League and we're probably richer than they were before '04.

I doesn't dislike him for leaving, he's still a Liverpool legend imo and the price we got for him - although he is amazing and one of our best players - was fantastic. The 'replacements' we got (I know they weren't really signed as replacements but they will probably replace him up front) are top notch players, although I am disappointed at the price Carroll came at. I would of payed up to £15m for him, maybe £20m but £35m is just too much. However, he is what we have needed for many years - a great goalscorer who is a great target man too (don't know what Benítez didn't give Crouch a fair change).

I wish El Nino the best at Chelsea but please don't score against us :P!

Liverpool didn't 'make' Torres, they made turned him from a very good player to world-class. Before he joined Liverpool, he was a Spain starter but not a star player in the team. Now he is world class on a good day.

He could of stayed at the club if he really 'loved' us. Look at John Terry, before 2004 Chelsea were like Aston Villa (no offence meant), they came around top half or UEFA cup every season but he still stayed, and Liverpool are challenging for Europa League and we're probably richer than they were before '04.

I doesn't dislike him for leaving, he's still a Liverpool legend imo and the price we got for him - although he is amazing and one of our best players - was fantastic. The 'replacements' we got (I know they weren't really signed as replacements but they will probably replace him up front) are top notch players, although I am disappointed at the price Carroll came at. I would of payed up to £15m for him, maybe £20m but £35m is just too much. However, he is what we have needed for many years - a great goalscorer who is a great target man too (don't know what Benítez didn't give Crouch a fair change).

I wish El Nino the best at Chelsea but please don't score against us :P!

We finished 4th in the league the summer before we were bought. Also started winning trophys in 1997 we were better than Villa.

this is all speculation from both of you really re: contracts, and not to with torres either

Sorry dude for using a forum to discuss something that interested the 2 of us, on a thread which was basically dying.

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

We finished 4th in the league the summer before we were bought. Also started winning trophys in 1997 we were better than Villa.

Come on, how many times have we been down this path matey. You where going to do into Adminstration with Roman,, He saved and made your club, Literally. And The odd trophy means nothing, you wherent on the same level then as you are now

Sorry dude for using a forum to discuss something that interested the 2 of us, on a thread which was basically dying.

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

Come on, how many times have we been down this path matey. You where going to do into Adminstration with Roman,, He saved and made your club, Literally. And The odd trophy means nothing, you wherent on the same level then as you are now

Im not saying we are because its obvious we are massivly better now. Im just saying we wearnt as bad as a club as people think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back