Chelsea v Aston Villa

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 137
  • Views Views 4K
I just came back from being out and saw Chelsea absolutely thrased Villa 7-1.Unbelievable.

That result scares the living **** out of me
Well done Chelsea, Villa were never a team who finish a season strong though

What impressed me about O'neil is how stupid the man actually is.
I used to rate him so highly but just No now. He has made the same mistake 2 seasons running. There is no doubt he has a smalll squad, they play with such pace. they need to have a bigger squad. It isnt like we have said this for the last 3 seasons Now.

Now there is no room for error when against Bolton.None.We must win.

What impresses me about O’Neil is the way he can inspire teams at Half-Time, losing 2-1, inspire them on to 7-1! Sublime.

I hope he comes in to replace Rafa.

Personally, I think that Villa are a team that rely largely on set pieces to score goals, they are like Stoke but with better players.

Personally, I think that Villa are a team that rely largely on set pieces to score goals, they are like Stoke but with better players.

Not true, our best players are probably Milner, Ashely Young, Downing and Agbonlahor. None of these players are really set peice giants, Downing and Young have both got great delieveries but it's been a while since we've scored from a set peice and most of our goals have come from wide, in the form of crosses by Ashley Young and tap ins for Carew. Agbonlahor's been out for a while so we've sort of been forced to play 2 big men up front, this has obviously led to the temptation to just lump it forward (alot like spurs do when crouch is playing, and even the England squad with Crouch on) which isn't something that I like watching my team do, but it's more out of necessity than it being our style of play.

What impressed me about O'neil is how stupid the man actually is.
I used to rate him so highly but just No now. He has made the same mistake 2 seasons running. There is no doubt he has a smalll squad, they play with such pace. they need to have a bigger squad. It isnt like we have said this for the last 3 seasons Now.

With all due respect, it's very easy to say we need a bigger squad, but where is the money for these players coming from, personally I don't want a club with a unfillable hole of debt at it's core. People constantly criticise Martin O'Niel for not rotating the sqaud and Villa for having a small team but we cannot materialise players from thin air. I also don't understand why this game makes Martin O'Niel stupid, it's abit of a freak result that makes us look very bad and is very hard to take but it's not the end of anything, it's still only three points dropped by us so stop being so reactionary.

we as a country are so quick to judge a team after 1 performance its a joke. i have no bad words to say about villa i just belive they played chelsea at a bad time.

Great result for us, funny how things can change in a matter of a week or so. 5 behind United on G/D now 6 infront.

Think it's proved to Ancelotti once again that we play better using a 4-3-3 formation rather than the 4-4-2 diamond. Not only does it give us more width but it's clear to get the best out of Frank you need to use it. If that means leaving Drog or Anelka out then so be it.

Frank's proved again what a great player he is. This year he's been considered by many to have been poor but has still got 21 goals already with still some time remaining to chip in with a few more. Great performance from him today and i hope he carries this form into next weekends match.

Malouda was also fantastic once again and is definately in the running for our best player this season. He seems to have the confidence now whereas before it didn't look like he was enjoying his football.

Overall, good win for us and brilliant for our goal difference. Villa looked tired but fair play to them, they had a good go at us in the opening stages of the second half.

we as a country are so quick to judge a team after 1 performance its a joke. i have no bad words to say about villa i just belive they played chelsea at a bad time.

That's quite a funny comment coming from someone like you who is always quick to jump on anything to do with Rafa.

Anyway, it's not like Villa have been doing all too well lately Draws with Sunderland, Wolves, and Stoke in their last four games. When you consider at one point they had a three game advantage on Liverpool and were level on points (I think) they haven't used it.

That's quite a funny comment coming from someone like you who is always quick to jump on anything to do with Rafa.

Anyway, it's not like Villa have been doing all too well lately Draws with Sunderland, Wolves, and Stoke in their last four games. When you consider at one point they had a three game advantage on Liverpool and were level on points (I think) they haven't used it.

Yeh I'm abit disappointed we're level on points, but I think if either of us (Villa or Liverpool) get 4th it'll be a big surprise, i'd say it's between City and Spuds now and it's theirs to lose. Btw we weren't level on points before we'd played the games in hand, only about 3 points behind though.

Just heard O'Niel's post match interview on 5live and he sounded more downbeat than I've ever heard him, understandably.

the difference is rafa has been inconsistant for a while villa havent. and its only liverpool fans that cant see this but lets not get into that now ay.

Great result, its still anyones title I think, its been an unpredictable season, DONT rule out anything :O, as for Malouda 3rd best winger, hes been on fire and been playing great but you have over exaggerated just a touch there my friend

Great result, its still anyones title I think, its been an unpredictable season, DONT rule out anything :O, as for Malouda 3rd best winger, hes been on fire and been playing great but you have over exaggerated just a touch there my friend

i honestly dont think so. ok i think i may of forgot robben at the moment but i just cant look past him hes been involved in nearly every goal either scoring or assisting.

i honestly dont think so. ok i think i may of forgot robben at the moment but i just cant look past him hes been involved in nearly every goal either scoring or assisting.

I never said Robben. Theres quite a few to name, hes been playing ok the last 2-3months, doesnt make him the 3rd best winger lol.

Incredible win, but like JoeBeton said, freak result that will probably never happen again in a while between these two sides.
They are looking full of confidence now, and next weeks game vs Manchester United is going to be the game of the season without a doubt!

Back