Chelsea v Sunderland (1610 GMT)

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 238
  • Views Views 10K
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all i love all the slating i get and i haven't even said a thing on here yet just people saying pure ****. I have just come back from the game and its the first time i have seen Chelsea lose in the flesh and i have been to around 50games in my life. The worst part about the game was not us losing 3-0 it was that we deserved to lose by more than 3 (oh i forgot how bias i am).

Cech kept us in the game in the 1st half with some absolutely outstanding saves and he didn't deserve to concede the Onouha(sp) goal. Lets get this out the way because well done to Sunderland they absolutely deserved the win and i wish them well for the rest of the season because they are a great football team.

I can't speak for the rest of the Chelsea fans on here but i stayed right until the final whistle and even clapped the players off the pitch and Drogba acknowledged this and came over to the Matthew Harding Lower where i was and even clapped the fans. For fans on here digging me i think you will find i even said Chelsea haven't dominated a game since the first half of the Blackpool game in September and i think we needed somthing like this to give us a kick up the ****. I was also right about the John Terry thing as someone (sorry cant remember who) said on here already but i thought he would play before faking a injury.

I was a little dissapointed with the inclution of Ferriera at centre back i mean what message is that sending out to Bruma and i even said i would have started with McEachran today. Its our worst defeat at home since we lost 3-0 to Man Utd in 2002 so it just goes to show how strong we are at home. WIN OR LOSE UP THE BLUES!!!

wall of text

First of all pointless post but happier now.

May I raise the question.. This performance means that Chelsea are now struggling.. what's gone wrong with Chelsea?!

May I raise the question.. This performance means that Chelsea are now struggling.. what's gone wrong with Chelsea?!

We deserved to get beat simple as that, we missed Terry, Alex, Essien and Lampard today any team would. A result like this normally gives us a kick up the **** so lets see shall we. I have already said we deserved to lose the game but that isen't enough for you is it. The fact is we have lost 2 games in a week and still are top and 3 points clear of Utd.

This thread is pretty pathetic.

Regarding the result, I am not overly surprised given the Chelsea line-up that they lost, but conceding 3 goals without reply at Stamford Bridge was rather unexpected.

Three full-backs and a CB who has played primarily at RB for Chelsea making up their back four did seem rather strange.

Snooze, think we have had enough Chelsea fan baiting for today. I know they do it to you when they lose, but really, it's getting boring.

Snooze, think we have had enough Chelsea fan baiting for today. I know they do it to you when they lose, but really, it's getting boring.

I say what i think and because of that i fully expect some slack back and i totally accept it.

Wow is all I can say about the game.

As soon as I saw the line up of the back four I had a thought in my mind about ferreira playing CB and how he may struggle and this was right. He was torn up at the back when we should of given Bruma a chance. We never looked like scoring and we were out run in the midfield. Zhirkov and Ramires (Worth around £40 mil Between them) Never looked comfortable and I would of rather seen Josh Mceachran playing in the center. In the words of Ancelotti "we lacked fighting spirit, attitude and mentality"

Credit where it is due though Sunderland were simply top class and deserve there win and should of maybe got another one or two. Nedum Onuoha's goal was up there with Messi's and Gyan's was a great team goal.

At the moment I don't see a crisis as we are still top of the league but just need to pick ourselves up and work VERY hard on the training ground for our next game Birmingham away (which I would of thought to be a more difficult fixture)

These things happen in football though and it is what makes the sport so exciting. Still be cheering Chelsea no matter what happens.

I don't know why Ancellotti is so reluctant to play McEachran. I would certainly stick him on the left side of the midfield 3. If you look at those players you mentioned, between them none of them have scored a Premier League goal, and don't offer much in an attacking sense either. The creativity from midfield was non-existant, as shown in the Liverpool match aswell. I don't see the harm in putting McEachran in the team, it will only help him and give us more going forward. Wilshire has come into the Arsenal setup and has played excellently, I don't see why McEachran can't do the same. Only thing I can think of is that we have payed big money for Ramires, 18M I think. Maybe Ancelotti feels he instantly gets a place in the team or something. Zhrikov isnt a central midfieler no, but in the last few matches, not including today and Liverpool, he has performed reasonably well and I think he merited his place in the team today. But Ramires, not at all.

I agree with your second point. Most teams in the bottom half used to go to places like Chelsea, United, and Arsenal not to lose if anything. This season we have seen that reversed with them actually believing they can get something out of the game. WBA and Newcastle at Arsenal, WBA at United, and today at Chelsea. Even when Chelsea went to Blackburn away they totally outplayed us and could have put the game beyond doubt had they taken their chances. We were lucky to win that.
personally i dont rate zhirkov as a central mid. he cant do the dirty work at all and postionally he is always drifting to the left, the only reason he doesnt get found out is when essien effectively covers him. AT least Josh would have a better postional sense, and cover mikel better.

why ferreira was picked, carlo only knows. If he is not going to buy, then he must place faith in the youth

personally i dont rate zhirkov as a central mid. he cant do the dirty work at all and postionally he is always drifting to the left, the only reason he doesnt get found out is when essien effectively covers him. AT least Josh would have a better postional sense, and cover mikel better.

why ferreira was picked, carlo only knows. If he is not going to buy, then he must place faith in the youth

Carlo said he picked Ferriera because he had trained better than Bruma this week. Bruma played a reserve game the other night so who knows he might have not been 100%. We should have started McEachran though he looked good when he came on again and the fans have really taken to him already.

Carlo said he picked Ferriera because he had trained better than Bruma this week. Bruma played a reserve game the other night so who knows he might have not been 100%. We should have started McEachran though he looked good when he came on again and the fans have really taken to him already.
perhaps he underestimated sunderlands intent today. they came out traps very aggressively

I say what i think and because of that i fully expect some slack back and i totally accept it.

I honestly don't care if you 'accept' it.

It makes threads ******* boring to read, and before you say 'Well don't read them then', well, it's my job, and I have to lol.

perhaps he underestimated sunderlands intent today. they came out traps very aggressively

When we had the ball Sunderland closed us down so quickly and gave us no time to play and forced us into errors. If we had McEachran starting he would have moved the ball quicker and moved into space and it would have forced Sunderland to leave gaps. Sunderlands game plan today was one of the best i have ever seen in PL history.

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

It makes threads ******* boring to read, and before you say 'Well don't read them then', well, it's my job, and I have to lol.

lol how much you get paid for it??? If anything its more of a duty but fair play for trying to stop arguments mate. Im not snapping today because i have no reason too.

He annoys the **** out of people, I can see why members are seeing this as a chance to get back at him.

Meh I dont care Dunc, I just felt like trying to annoy CJACKO because I found this result hilarious.

TBH when I seen the starting XI I felt that if we played to our potential we would cause Chelseas back four problems. Gyan ( Ballon D'Or nominee cheeky plug there :P) is strong and quick same with Welbeck and both can create and score goals as we saw and with Ferrira not a natural centre half he was the weak link and we exploted that.

you can tell people were itching to get it out their system, CFC12345's comments did not help either

CJACKO11; wouldnt go so far as to say prem history, buy they were very good, like i said earlier "lesser" teams are coming with this high pressing game plan against the top sides, and its hurting them, especially united as scholes is not a mobile player. think they were exce[tionally discliplined in doing it, and chelsea didnt show the urgency to go direct, or the composure to pass around it

He annoys the **** out of people, I can see why members are seeing this as a chance to get back at him.

Meh I dont care Dunc, I just felt like trying to annoy CJACKO because I found this result hilarious.

Feel free to VM him or PM, but there is no point having a thread aimed directly at winding someone up.

Good work.

well its done, but **** me if we're gonna have that every week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back